This Season's European Fixtures

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Billb
Top Cat
Top Cat

This Season's European Fixtures

Post by Billb »

I think it was about 2 weeks ago that Radio Leicester were saying that the fixtures for the European Cup were about to be announced.

Since then there has been a stunning silence.

Does anybody know when the draws will be made so we can arrange travel to Paris, Limerick, and Glasgow ??
BillB
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: This Season's European Fixtures

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

They're not now due until sometime this month - I've no idea when. I sent to a tweet to EPCR earlier this week asking if they could confirm when but so far silence.

EPCR are making the old ERC organisers look like a professional set-up. Heck even the Anglo-Welsh fixtures were released before the end of July. As usual the supporters are bottom of the list.
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Incidentally does anyone know if Petersen and Toomou will have arrived by the time of the first fixture in November? I was under the impression that JP will arrive towards the end of September but know nothing about Matt Toomou's arrival date?
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Noddy555 wrote:Incidentally does anyone know if Petersen and Toomou will have arrived by the time of the first fixture in November? I was under the impression that JP will arrive towards the end of September but know nothing about Matt Toomou's arrival date?
Discussed in full on RB's squad/contract/rumour thread.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

BeeJ wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:Incidentally does anyone know if Petersen and Toomou will have arrived by the time of the first fixture in November?
Who is this Toomou person?
No idea, I've heard of Toomee and Tooyou but Toomou made me chuckle......
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Whilst it may have been misspelt, spelling is not a requirement to post on the forum. Please respect other users posts even if they contain mistakes.

Thanks
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Some may regard it as mollycoddling but would it be asking too much to have players' names added to the spellcheck list? If that's how it works.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
BeeJ wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:Incidentally does anyone know if Petersen and Toomou will have arrived by the time of the first fixture in November?
Who is this Toomou person?
No idea, I've heard of Toomee and Tooyou but Toomou made me chuckle......
Shame on you, WhitecapTiger for being so disrespektfull! To the corner of the class, AT ONCE!
Semper in excretia
BeeJ

Post by BeeJ »

h's dad wrote:Some may regard it as mollycoddling but would it be asking too much to have players' names added to the spellcheck list?
It's obviously asking too much for some people to check the players' names before they type them. Let's see how long this comment lasts before it's censored.

Moderator - how do you expect people to learn from their mistakes if they are not pointed out to them?
Raimond
Tiger Cub

Post by Raimond »

Or perhaps this isn't really worth five posts of pedantry.

Now, does anyone know when the European Champion's Cup fixtures are announced please?? Many thanks
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

BeeJ wrote:
h's dad wrote:Some may regard it as mollycoddling but would it be asking too much to have players' names added to the spellcheck list?
It's obviously asking too much for some people to check the players' names before they type them. Let's see how long this comment lasts before it's censored.

Moderator - how do you expect people to learn from their mistakes if they are not pointed out to them?
1. 100% inspection isn't 100% effective.
2. I'm sure I'm not the only one with a keyboard that has keys that mysteriously swap places as I strike them.

My suggestion would still require posters to check for red lines before hitting submit. If they have colour blindness as well as dyslexia we have to develop a pictogram based solution (pictogram has a red line under it - I'm sure it's a real word).
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Christophelp

Post by Christophelp »

Raimond wrote:Or perhaps this isn't really worth five posts of pedantry.

Now, does anyone know when the European Champion's Cup fixtures are announced please?? Many thanks
Sometime in August - possibly next week.
Latest update via the Champions Cup Twitter and Facebook accounts:

"UPDATE: The European Rugby Challenge Cup & Champions Cup fixtures, dates and kick-off times will be announced later this month - approximately eight weeks before the tournament starts once the scheduling process, which includes consultation with the 40 competing clubs, league bodies and broadcast partners across each territory, has been completed."

Tournament starts on 14th October, 8 weeks before that is 19th August.
neill_m

Post by neill_m »

O'Gara in an Irish media interview let it slip that Racing 92 are hosting Munster in R1.
BeeJ

Post by BeeJ »

neill_m wrote:O'Gara in an Irish media interview let it slip that Racing 92 are hosting Munster in R1.
If that's the case, it would appear the media think our pool is between these two teams if they want the final week to be Munster v Racing at Thomond Park.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

It's poor that they still haven't sorted out the fixture the dates.

When I asked in early July the club thought they would be out by the end of July at the latest so clearly they will not be happy as forward planning re staffing; catering; etc. needs to be done in good time. Personally I am seeking the dates so that I can fit in an overseas trip without missing the first home fixture. It's not rocket science so difficult to see a reason for the delay. :smt009
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!