An evening with Cockers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BengalTiger

Re: An evening with Cockers

Post by BengalTiger »

No such thing as a free meal, nothing in this life is free, anything free is not worth what you will have to pay in the end, etc, etc,
Some on here just like to complain, if it was free they will moan it should have come with a free goody bag.
This forum may be the only place they still have an audience!
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bowden Tiger »

Going back to the original post, from my experience of these events, and I have attended many, they are often entertaining, sometimes enjoyable, and very often thought provoking. If I wasn't busy I would be attending.

Just touching on the debate on cost. I believe that there should be a charge, as there are costs holding these events. Why should these costs fall on those who cannot attend?
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I note that I seem to be accused of suggesting that following Tigers is for the elite, not sure how that interpretation of my comments came about. Believe me as a pensioner I know that sometimes it is a stretch to pay for my season ticket, that is why I don't smoke, gamble or have as many beers as I used to. It is also why I try to make travelling to away games as cheap as possible.
In my opinion the evening with Cocker and Maje is more than just an opportunity to ask them a question and is good value so I am going. I agree that in the past the now defunct Members Association of which I was a committee member put on similar evenings for free, they were well attended, I occasionally helped with putting out the chairs and stacking them at the end. Times change we are now in the modern professional world of rugby, Tigers are unlikely to make a profit from this event the £10 helps towards the cost.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Following our recent performances I expect the ticket sales for this event will now rocket with happy supporters chomping at the bit to wax lyrical with Cockers and Madge over the finer points of our game :smt003
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Unfortunately due to transport problems I can't attend, but is there seriously any points to these as stupid and ill informed questions are asked and glib pre prepared answers are given. Any fan who thinks that their points are being taken seriously by the current coaching staff is living in Cloud Cuckoo land.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Noddy555 wrote:Unfortunately due to transport problems I can't attend, but is there seriously any points to these as stupid and ill informed questions are asked and glib pre prepared answers are given. Any fan who thinks that their points are being taken seriously by the current coaching staff is living in Cloud Cuckoo land.
Do you know, I'm starting to warm to you....
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Careful Roly you can get burnt very easily.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Roly wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:Unfortunately due to transport problems I can't attend, but is there seriously any points to these as stupid and ill informed questions are asked and glib pre prepared answers are given. Any fan who thinks that their points are being taken seriously by the current coaching staff is living in Cloud Cuckoo land.
Do you know, I'm starting to warm to you....
Nurse, quick, call an ambulance :smt003
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Well it's now 10.15 p.m. and I am suprised some activist hadn't been tweeting what's been happening all the way through proceedings and wailing that Cockers head is still on his shoulders and not adorning the pike at the tunnel entrance to the pitch!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Snorbins wrote:Well it's now 10.15 p.m. and I am suprised some activist hadn't been tweeting what's been happening all the way through proceedings and wailing that Cockers head is still on his shoulders and not adorning the pike at the tunnel entrance to the pitch!
That assumes that said activist attended. :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

It was a very well run event, hosted and presented by Gary Sherrard who asked many of the questions that we have all been thinking and many more that had not been considered by posters on this board. The answers were frank, honest and often delivered with humour. The entire room to their credit listened to those answers so that when it was open to the floor to pose questions we got no repetition on what had already been dealt with.
I felt that it was a good evenings entertainment for £10.00 which included complimentary tea & coffee and a free pint of Everards for those that wanted one, and many of us did.
I had to leave as soon as the event finished but when I left both Cocker and Mage were still there chatting informally with anyone who wished to speak, have a selfie or an autograph.
A good night, well done the Tigers!
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

I totally agree with Johnthegriff this was my first to these events but Gary hosted an excellent open discussion with Cockers and Mage describing actions behind the scenes. Plenty of time for Q&A's and for those too timid to ask openly they spent time talking to the participants afterwards.
Well done and worth the £10 and a free pint with no queue. Roll on Sunday :smt023
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

johnthegriff wrote:It was a very well run event, hosted and presented by Gary Sherrard who asked many of the questions that we have all been thinking and many more that had not been considered by posters on this board. The answers were frank, honest and often delivered with humour. The entire room to their credit listened to those answers so that when it was open to the floor to pose questions we got no repetition on what had already been dealt with.
I felt that it was a good evenings entertainment for £10.00 which included complimentary tea & coffee and a free pint of Everards for those that wanted one, and many of us did.
I had to leave as soon as the event finished but when I left both Cocker and Mage were still there chatting informally with anyone who wished to speak, have a selfie or an autograph.
A good night, well done the Tigers!
It isn't complimentary if you paid a tenner. Sounds well orchestrated by the club to an audience of star struck head nodders :smt007 . The shakers would not really want a selfie with a team they have no confidence in so probably didn't attend.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

shame i missed this, was hoping to get down, but oh has been ill this week and i lost track of the days.

Were they pretty open or was it the 'usual' spin?
cheers
Rich
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

Rykard wrote:shame i missed this, was hoping to get down, but oh has been ill this week and i lost track of the days.

Were they pretty open or was it the 'usual' spin?
This can't be a serious question. Its just a feed for those that attended. :smt018