Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread

Post by jgriffin »

strawclearer wrote:
Coops wrote:Lot of talk around George Ford - apparently it's a race between Tigers and Saints.
Rugby Inside Line saying that Bath have joined the race with Montpellier to sign All Black fly half Aaron Cruden.
Not in our £ range....
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Odogwu with another try for sale, reoccurring theme this??!!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

jgriffin wrote:
strawclearer wrote:
Coops wrote:Lot of talk around George Ford - apparently it's a race between Tigers and Saints.
Rugby Inside Line saying that Bath have joined the race with Montpellier to sign All Black fly half Aaron Cruden.
Not in our £ range....
No - I wasn't suggesting that we could go for Cruden, rather that if true it lends weight to Ford leaving Barf.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

So the current round about of rumours are according to TRP and Insideline (or whatever)
10's
Owen Williams ---> Worcester
George Ford ----> Tigers/Saints
Aaron Cruden --> Bath/Monte

8's
Fearns ---> Glous/Saracens/Quins/Tigers/Falcons
Morgan --> Tigers/Exeter
Kvesic --> Exeter
Bothma --> Quins

Would it be greedy to want Ford, Morgan and Fearns?

Honestly I feel we need to add to the team
A Loosehead personally see Ayerza next season being in a similar type as Stanko in his last season( Dream one Ruskin) and bring up Hills
bring up Mysmiw (Spelling) @ Lock
A Back rower (Dream one Fearns)
A Out and out 8 (Would take Morgan I guess)
A centre (Mainly one who can cover 12/13 aka Mermoz) and bring up Thacker.
Bring up Yawayawa on the wing.
A Full back (Dream one Taylor) and bring up Worth.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

baz1664 wrote:Odogwu with another try for sale, reoccurring theme this??!!
Terrific effort, take pass and fall over line. More of a prop's try, really. Nice to see someone making something more than it was, and the pass was marginal.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

RagingBull wrote:So the current round about of rumours are according to TRP and Insideline (or whatever)
10's
Owen Williams ---> Worcester
George Ford ----> Tigers/Saints
Aaron Cruden --> Bath/Monte

8's
Fearns ---> Glous/Saracens/Quins/Tigers/Falcons
Morgan --> Tigers/Exeter
Kvesic --> Exeter
Bothma --> Quins

Would it be greedy to want Ford, Morgan and Fearns?

Honestly I feel we need to add to the team
A Loosehead personally see Ayerza next season being in a similar type as Stanko in his last season( Dream one Ruskin) and bring up Hills
bring up Mysmiw (Spelling) @ Lock
A Back rower (Dream one Fearns)
A Out and out 8 (Would take Morgan I guess)
A centre (Mainly one who can cover 12/13 aka Mermoz) and bring up Thacker.
Bring up Yawayawa on the wing.
A Full back (Dream one Taylor) and bring up Worth.
Joe Maksymiw, maybe write it on the back of your hand :smt002
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

When I'm not on the phone I tend to just copy and paste it.

Perhaps in need to have it permanently copied on my phone......

I was close this time though.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

RagingBull wrote: Would it be greedy to want Ford, Morgan and Fearns?
It would sate my hunger! :smt016
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

strawclearer wrote:There are a few on Shedweb thinking that Carl Fearns is headed their way. They claim that, according to Fissler in TRP, Gloucester are prepared to pay £310k pa - 50k more than us, Quins and Falcons. (No mention of Sarries apparently).

£300k+? I guess it depends on how each Club values him which is largely dependent on how much they need a player of his type. It sounds a lot to me but that's 'supply & demand' for you!

If Gloucs really are offering that much, it wouldn't be for a squad player so maybe Ben Morgan really is leaving (as well as Kvesic and quite possibly Moriarty). Who would we prefer???
That's silly money.
Not good enough to warrant those figures, a crazy market at present in my opinion.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

BFG wrote:
strawclearer wrote:There are a few on Shedweb thinking that Carl Fearns is headed their way. They claim that, according to Fissler in TRP, Gloucester are prepared to pay £310k pa - 50k more than us, Quins and Falcons. (No mention of Sarries apparently).

£300k+? I guess it depends on how each Club values him which is largely dependent on how much they need a player of his type. It sounds a lot to me but that's 'supply & demand' for you!

If Gloucs really are offering that much, it wouldn't be for a squad player so maybe Ben Morgan really is leaving (as well as Kvesic and quite possibly Moriarty). Who would we prefer???
That's silly money.
Not good enough to warrant those figures, a crazy market at present in my opinion.
Which is why we have to decide, on this forum, are we pleased that tigers aren't daft enough to join in or continue moaning that we don't?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

jgriffin wrote:
BFG wrote:

That's silly money.
Which is why we have to decide, on this forum, are we pleased that tigers aren't daft enough to join in or continue moaning that we don't?
I think maybe we have already passed that stage if we are anywhere near the salary cap limit.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

BFG wrote:

That's silly money.
Agreed on the crazyness, but it will only get worse not better. If Montpellier have offered Cruden NZ$1m to go there , what will Baths offer be to top that??
Given all the goings and potential goings at Glaws at the moment, would Fearns see that as a positive??
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

tigercaspian wrote:
BFG wrote:

That's silly money.
Brexit vote aftermath has messed that up a bit. Not so bad if you do a bit of offshore, though.

Agreed on the crazyness, but it will only get worse not better. If Montpellier have offered Cruden NZ$1m to go there , what will Baths offer be to top that??
Given all the goings and potential goings at Glaws at the moment, would Fearns see that as a positive??
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

tigercaspian wrote:
BFG wrote:

That's silly money.
Who knows with Bath, some of these amounts are just desperate though.
Watched Exeter v Bath earlier and it was absolutely dire.
Only one worth that sort of money in my view, Rokoduguni.
I guess many would say Slade and Ford also but they don't do it for me, tactically kicking good attacking ball away in the opponents half, utter garbage it was.
I think it's descending into what will be chaos for someone, jgriffin is correct when he often suggests that someone will eventually go under trying to keep up, it happened in football with clubs like Leeds and it'll happen in rugby.
Not sure what is going on with Gloucester, perhaps they have realised that utilising Hartpury maybe a better option then splashing crazy amounts on players like Twelvetrees.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

I may sound like a stuck record, but if Ford came back we'd need to find another kicker to slot into the back line. He's still far too inconsistent off the tee.