Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread

Post by Hot_Charlie »

fentiger wrote: Worth will come along nicely in the next year or two.
And can kick!
BIttySmalls

Post by BIttySmalls »

BBC Scrum V and Rugby Inside Line have us in for Liam Williams.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

BIttySmalls wrote:BBC Scrum V and Rugby Inside Line have us in for Liam Williams.
With Owen, Mike and potentially Liam in the 15, it could finally push Bleddyn over the edge!
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

L Smith wrote:
BIttySmalls wrote:BBC Scrum V and Rugby Inside Line have us in for Liam Williams.
Rugby Inside Line quote:
BREAKING: Saints leading the way in trying to sign Liam Williams. Quins, Saracens and Leicester are also interested.
Hehehehehehehehe
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Apprently according to Twitter we have pinched an Brisbane school Flanker called Josh Fenner who was being linked with a contract for Queensland Reds

Highlight reel
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IAgSTWz1QRs

Green and Gold rugby seems to rate him judging by a couple of match reports for his school team on it.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

RagingBull wrote:Apprently according to Twitter we have pinched an Brisbane school Flanker called Josh Fenner who was being linked with a contract for Queensland Reds

Highlight reel

Green and Gold rugby seems to rate him judging by a couple of match reports for his school team on it.
Using my top notch detective skills I'd say the evidence stacks up, the person who posted the highlights reel looks like its possibly one of his parents and they have followed Leicester Tigers on Youtube, also just happened to notice the fact that in the photo for the guy that posted the highlights video he is wearing an England shirt so he may be England Qualified too.

In regards to the player he looks like a combo of Crofty and Courtney Lawes, he's certainly worth a punt IMO
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

kpj tiger wrote:
RagingBull wrote:Apprently according to Twitter we have pinched an Brisbane school Flanker called Josh Fenner who was being linked with a contract for Queensland Reds

Highlight reel

Using my top notch detective skills I'd say the evidence stacks up, the person who posted the highlights reel looks like its possibly one of his parents and they have followed Leicester Tigers on Youtube, also just happened to notice the fact that in the photo for the guy that posted the highlights video he is wearing an England shirt so he may be England Qualified too.

In regards to the player he looks like a combo of Crofty and Courtney Lawes, he's certainly worth a punt IMO
Lincolnshire lad it seems (Scunthorpe) and Tigers was his club growing up according to a Green and gold writer on Twitter so another tick in the box in that regards
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Highlight reel

Promising looking set of highlights although, of course, they are selective by definition. Maybe this follows on from talks with Matera not coming to fruition. Whilst not (yet) comparable to the Argentinian, maybe a season or two under Croft and Williams might help to realise the potential.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
BIttySmalls

Post by BIttySmalls »

Tim on the Eggchasers Rugby Podcast has just fanned the Fearns flame. Apparently all of the London Irish players are talking about Fearns to us at the end of the season being almost a done deal.

Tims brother is Nic Rouse of London Irish.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

The Fenner signing makes sense as you look at the Devlopment squad forwards currently you have
1) Hills
2) Mahoney
3) Betts
4) Lewis
5) Maksymiw
6)
7) Owen
8) Fred

Fenner fits in there, Owen can play 6 I guess though.
Even in the academy I know Grahamslaw plays mainly 8 and Reffel is a 7.

TBH I would be very happy with Fearns signing either as THE 8 or a back rower in general.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Fearns has always been a good 'un for me, so would be well pleased.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

jgriffin wrote:Fearns has always been a good 'un for me, so would be well pleased.
Part of the uncelebrated element of Bath's back row. Other's in the past grabbed the headlines while he was there, but he and Garvey were (Garvey still is) a valuable pair.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

jgriffin wrote:Fearns has always been a good 'un for me, so would be well pleased.
Same but - has anyone heard anything re. Scott Higginbotham?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

Hot_Charlie wrote:
Part of the uncelebrated element of Bath's back row. Other's in the past grabbed the headlines while he was there, but he and Garvey were (Garvey still is) a valuable pair.
His main issue appears to be that he's so aggressively committed that he keeps getting injured. Rarely long-term ones, but a fair number of them.

Like him as a player, though. A proper hard carrier, though not as skillful you'd like. He looked like he'd be superb in his youth, but didn't really kick on in terms of skill-set.

I think of him - in some ways - as a back-row Manu...
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Andrew Fifta apprently approached Tigers according to the Rugby Paper

For those Fifta is prob the most in form Forward in the NRL but he is also prob the most hated player in NRL currently as far as the media is concerned.(and that is saying something).

At first I thought no way could this be true but thinking about it
1) He grew up playing Union I believe
2) He was at West Tigers the same time Lote arrived and he could very well have a in with him maybe same agents.
Lote himself had question marks about him when he signed to Tigers and he certainly seemed to click here.
3) He prob wants to move away from Aus after recent events etc.

For the right money he might be an interesting pick up, we certainly don't shy from players with bad reps.