Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Maidman wrote:According to their website, they have signed a 30yr old Fijian lock from Agen.
http://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/ne ... -from-agen
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

And now a South Sea centre from Narbonne:

http://www.northamptonsaints.co.uk/news ... s-gardens/

They'll soon have enough South Sea islanders to justify some sort of South Sea combo haka! (If they haven't already!)
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Maidman wrote:And now a South Sea centre from Narbonne:

http://www.northamptonsaints.co.uk/news ... s-gardens/

They'll soon have enough South Sea islanders to justify some sort of South Sea combo haka! (If they haven't already!)

We could of done with this one....
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

someone posted on shedweb that Us, Wasps, Sarries and Quins are all after Val Rapava-Ruskin as he worcester is likely to be able to keep him.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

RagingBull wrote:someone posted on shedweb that Us, Wasps, Sarries and Quins are all after Val Rapava-Ruskin as he worcester is likely to be able to keep him.
He's an absolute unit but I don't see how he would fit with Genge unless Ayerza is going to retire soon and they don't have faith in Owen Hills who was supposed to be extremely promising
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

kpj tiger wrote:
RagingBull wrote:someone posted on shedweb that Us, Wasps, Sarries and Quins are all after Val Rapava-Ruskin as he worcester is likely to be able to keep him.
He's an absolute unit but I don't see how he would fit with Genge unless Ayerza is going to retire soon and they don't have faith in Owen Hills who was supposed to be extremely promising
Brugnara has been dropped to the Development squad so i guess he is off.
Rizzo is in his final year so same i guess.
I suspect Balmain will prob be off.

Would leave us with
LH: Genge, Ayerza, Hills
TH: Cole, Logo, Cilliers, Betts

Rapava-Ruskin would fit in nicely and fits our 4 of each props.

~But more likely idle speculation.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

It would keep our Newcastle and Worcester production line going nicely though! :smt001 Personally I agree though. I can't see him joining us until he could see himself as 1st or 2nd choice LH, which would be unlikely unless Marcos retires or takes a step back.
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

Hot_Charlie wrote:It would keep our Newcastle and Worcester production line going nicely though! :smt001 Personally I agree though. I can't see him joining us until he could see himself as 1st or 2nd choice LH, which would be unlikely unless Marcos retires or takes a step back.
It already looks as though Markus is taking a step back. Whether it is his choice or not is unclear.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

SIBARITE wrote:
Hot_Charlie wrote:It would keep our Newcastle and Worcester production line going nicely though! :smt001 Personally I agree though. I can't see him joining us until he could see himself as 1st or 2nd choice LH, which would be unlikely unless Marcos retires or takes a step back.
It already looks as though Markus is taking a step back. Whether it is his choice or not is unclear.
I think Genge is proving to be a very astute signing. As an interview with Marcos mentioned last week it may well depend on a decision as to how much he wants to play next season, if at all.
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

Hot_Charlie wrote:
SIBARITE wrote:
I think Genge is proving to be a very astute signing. As an interview with Marcos mentioned last week it may well depend on a decision as to how much he wants to play next season, if at all.
Diplomacy doesn't work here. I do not think it is Marcos or any other players who have been frozen out making the choice. On this occasion I'm fairly sure that its Mauger not Cockers. But! Cockers allows it and he is the man at the top.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Ayerza has started 2 games and was a late injury withdrawal for Falcons, it is hardly frozen out.

I mean he is 34 in Jan and will be 35 next year a lot of props tend to lower their game time at such an age as is.
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

RagingBull wrote:Ayerza has started 2 games and was a late injury withdrawal for Falcons, it is hardly frozen out.

I mean he is 34 in Jan and will be 35 next year a lot of props tend to lower their game time at such an age as is.
And to think I once thought that you had some insight into the club.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote="RagingBull"]Ayerza has started 2 games and was a late injury withdrawal for Falcons, it is hardly frozen out.

I mean he is 34 in Jan and will be 35 next year a lot of props tend to lower their game time at such an age as is.[/quote]

I agree - Marcos still is an important part of the pack. Genge is showing huge promise and is learning from Marcos, but has a way to go. Nevertheless, having him and a fit again Rizzo will help spread the load.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

The rugby paper Rumours
Matera ---> Tigers
Fearns ---> Tigers
Fruean---> Bath
Cruden -----> Worcester or Quins
Basson -----> Saracens
Knight ------> Bath
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

RagingBull wrote:The rugby paper Rumours
Matera ---> Tigers
Fearns ---> Tigers
Fruean---> Bath
Cruden -----> Worcester or Quins
Basson -----> Saracens
Knight ------> Bath
That first name is interesting!

Assuming his shoulder injury is now genuinely behind him and if age has brought maturity so that he can cope with being away from his homeland, then it would be an exciting prospect. I guess it would herald the disappearance of Crofty but that's pretty much expected I guess.

Matera and Williams as our two 6's would be mmmmmmm!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives