Kit Watch

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dave J
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Kit Watch

Post by Dave J »

I too wanted a classic shirt and called the shop when I saw it wasn't there any more. The guy I spoke to didn't know why it had been taken off so he asked his manager. The answer I got was the shirts were out of stock and they weren't sure when they would have more. I noted that Kitbag have removed it from their own website also.
A citizen of hope and glory
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

sapajo wrote:
Indeed, still have all my Cotton Traders shirts because they are high quality. That said my two Canterbury shirts are now so manky I cannot wear them anymore. The new Kooga kit makes the Canterbury kit look and feel like quality. The quality of the latest kit continues its descent into the abyss.
The only problem with CT is eventually the sleeves shrink. I accept the blame for an expanding waistline but my arms aren't any longer! :smt003 :smt002

They are my favourites. Canterbury introduced the now ubiquitous poly-cotton mix. The plus with Canterbury's stuff was it'll happily survive tumble drying!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Hot_Charlie wrote:
sapajo wrote:
Indeed, still have all my Cotton Traders shirts because they are high quality. That said my two Canterbury shirts are now so manky I cannot wear them anymore. The new Kooga kit makes the Canterbury kit look and feel like quality. The quality of the latest kit continues its descent into the abyss.
The only problem with CT is eventually the sleeves shrink.
Its a sad fact but most things shrink as they age :smt002
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

The classic shirts were in stock on Sunday. My first impession was that the pattern varied depending on which one you looked at.

Did anyone buy one or do a closer inspection and if so what do think of the quality?

I'm 50/50 whether to buy one.
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

We took the replica shirt bought for my son 2 weeks earlier back on Saturday and swapped it for a Classic. The replica appeared to have "graze" marks on it and a couple of pin holes. Also, the seams, when pulled very very slightly showed the stitching, overall not great quality and looks like it wouldn't stand up to a season of wearing, never mind playing in! My son had only worn it the once at the Wasps match and when he took it off we found these marks and defects.

Anyway, the Classic feels much better quality, unliely to catch and the seams appear to be much more robust. We bought a size larger than he actually is, being close to his 14th birthday he is going to be growing like a weed over the next 12 months and the shirt has plenty od growing room in it.

Looking at other posts, we are not the only ones to return a replica shirt.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!