Kit Watch

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: Kit Watch

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Noddy555 wrote:I was informed in store last Friday that the club are not producing a new European kit? Is that true and what reasons lie behind that decision?
Because they don't feel like fleecing supporters for more money. Canterbury only made one Euro shirt in their 3 seasons.

As for classic shirt delays: it was mentioned before, but if you look closely at the sleeves you'll probably work out why they may have been a little later than planned.
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Hot_Charlie wrote:Because they don't feel like fleecing supporters for more money. Canterbury only made one Euro shirt in their 3 seasons.
And it was the best design as well! They got rid of the bib presumably becasue the white Caterpillar text was clear enough on the black & grey.

But agree that there's absolutely no need for a 3rd kit - it's a shame that the Euro kit wasn't the alternate kit instead
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Must say the hairy Quins new adidas shirts look high quality, unlike their play :smt002
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

sapajo wrote:Must say the hairy Quins new adidas shirts look high quality, unlike their play :smt002
On Scrum.com it was voted top shirt of the season, Tigers were third.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

I wonder what shirt we'll wear away to Worcester? Is yellow this year's black? Do Clubs discuss shirt colours before committing to the manufacturers? :smt017
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

sapajo wrote:Must say the hairy Quins new adidas shirts look high quality, unlike their play :smt002
Looks permanently soaking wet though with the darker shade this year. So dark that today it was hard to notice it was raining.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Hot_Charlie wrote:
Looks permanently soaking wet though with the darker shade this year. So dark that today it was hard to notice it was raining.
Was at HQ on Saturday and therefore saw a lot of the new Quins shirt. I like it and the general consensus seemed to be that it was a nice nod to history.

Tigers away shirt looks like they waited out the back of Sale's dressing room at the end of last season and took what they could scavenge.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Still miffed that we are not going to have a special European shirt as for fans being miffed and having to buy these kits well what a stupid statement .Fans don't have to buy anything if they either don't want to or can't afford to. Anyone who thinks that fans have to buy kits needs a visit from men in white coats.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Noddy555 wrote:Still miffed that we are not going to have a special European shirt as for fans being miffed and having to buy these kits well what a stupid statement .Fans don't have to buy anything if they either don't want to or can't afford to. Anyone who thinks that fans have to buy kits needs a visit from men in white coats.
They're doing you a favour - this way you wont have to fork out (should you wish to) for a shirt that will be redundant come Christmas.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Roly wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:Still miffed that we are not going to have a special European shirt as for fans being miffed and having to buy these kits well what a stupid statement .Fans don't have to buy anything if they either don't want to or can't afford to. Anyone who thinks that fans have to buy kits needs a visit from men in white coats.
They're doing you a favour - this way you wont have to fork out (should you wish to) for a shirt that will be redundant come Christmas.
Love it Roly, your usual boundless optimism :smt023
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Roly wrote:
At least our new away strip won't become redundant...

I shall wear mine when I'm on car park or zebra crossing duty; when it's foggy or visibility is otherwise impaired; and when the maroon goes up to alert me to lifeboat service (although it's a fair distance to Skeggy inshore!)
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

strawclearer wrote:
Roly wrote:
At least our new away strip won't become redundant...

I shall wear mine when I'm on car park or zebra crossing duty; when it's foggy or visibility is otherwise impaired; and when the maroon goes up to alert me to lifeboat service (although it's a fair distance to Skeggy inshore!)
Thanks for that Strawclearer :smt023

I had decided not to buy one (got hordes of rugby shirts already and struggle to get my money's worth out of them), but you have alerted me to alternative uses. I go running fairly early in the morning, on unlit footpaths. The new shirt can double as a hi-vis running shirt in winter and will get plenty of wear for years to come :smt003
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Roly I love your optimism I sincerely believe that we will progress to the quarter finals as for the shirt being redundant., all Leicester Tigers shirts are fashion statements and do not date with exception of the old Bradwell cement one from about 15 years ago, that was redundant within two weeks, awful shirt worst one we ever produced. Or is it Bradstone? can never remember we've had that many sponsors.
BlackBeard

Post by BlackBeard »

Hi, can anyone tell me how the quality of the Kooga jersey compares to the Canterbury one? Am considering buying one online, as I live in London and am unable to look at one physically for some time.

Thanks
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Blackbeard my friend I too worry about this but am home this weekend so will go and see and give you an analysis...To be honest I am rather dubious as to whether I will purchase (having waited years now for a shirt I can stomach enough to buy) as the quality combined with the Kooga brand just ooze cheap and poor in my opinion...not like I am a brand snob or anything though :smt023