Aus v England,2nd Test - Goldwash time ??

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aus v England,2nd Test - Goldwash time ??

Post by tigercaspian »

On 23 minutes, 2nd time Aussie Capt. Moore has come steaming in from the side ,no arms : wonder if he'll last the game?
Last edited by tigercaspian on Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: Aus v England,2nd Test

Post by Soggypitch »

Great Test Match, I'm knackered just watching it!!

Need to keep it tight 2nd half and drive it through the pack.

Confident but not over confident.
Soggypitch
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Did I ever tell you how much I love those Saracens, Farrell & George? No ??
Sajerj
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sajerj »

Quite superb. Brilliant.

A sensational performance by Dan Cole. His best performance by a distance since his return from neck surgery. Top, Top class by Dan.

For the Saracens lads..Farrell, Itoje, Billy, Mako and Kruis...a GS, AP, EC, and Aussie Tour victory. Sensational season.

Also a word for Robshaw whose contribution since the RWC has been massive for the team.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: Aus v England,2nd Test - Goldwash time ??

Post by Soggypitch »

Incredible defensive performance. Back row were brilliant as were the front row, the rest weren't too shabby either.

Amazing series victory against all the odds.
Soggypitch
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

Sajerj wrote:
A sensational performance by Dan Cole. His best performance by a distance since his return from neck surgery. Top, Top class by Dan.
I don't often agree with the sky commentators (by default, as they annoy the hell out of me) but I think Eddie Jones has done well to identify both basic roles for each position and what each player is good at. I think that suits Cole perfectly: 'Forget chasing, carrying, and passing. Quite simply, Dan, I want you to scrummage and ruck.'
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

You missed his No7 play at the breakdown. Well played Dan.

Much as it is hard to say the two players that I was most concerned about for dodgy temperaments - Hartley and Farrell have been ice cool.
Hartley perhaps benefits from being away from the Saints environment which seems to fail to control the hot heads.

Haskell played himself into the ground.

What a difference having an astute coach at this level makes.

The last 2 weeks seem to have silenced the talk about how far ahead the Southern Hemisphere teams are. The reality it's more about how far ahead the Southern Hemisphere coaches are.
The RFU need to go away and rip up their coaching manual that stifles rugby and ties the hands of those coaching at junior levels. Clubs need to pay more heed to and reflect that good players do not always make good coaches.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

mol2 wrote:The last 2 weeks seem to have silenced the talk about how far ahead the Southern Hemisphere teams are. The reality it's more about how far ahead the Southern Hemisphere coaches are.
That's what we're hoping for next season!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Bit of an aside from Fatty Barnes during today's commentary when the Convicts were swapping a midfield battering ram for a playmaking rapier. He said that Matt Tomua had been looking great in training all week.

Hope Cheika doesn't include him and break him again next week!
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

TomWeston,
I was going to head my post Convicts v England and then thought World Rugby might fine me £20,000 ?!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

tigercaspian wrote:Did I ever tell you how much I love those Saracens, Farrell & George? No ??
Farrell was great, George Kruis was ok but Jamie George was very disappointing. Don't get me wrong - he rucked and scrummaged fine but the try he allowed Farrell to score was awful. Thacker would have picked it up one-handed instead of 'hoofing it' like a typical hooker. He would have feinted left; feinted right; side-stepped the entire Convict's back row; sent the Australian back 3 the wrong way and then dived over for the score under the posts. Still - I guess it helped to secure the win... :smt030
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

strawclearer wrote:
tigercaspian wrote:Did I ever tell you how much I love those Saracens, Farrell & George? No ??
Farrell was great, George Kruis was ok but Jamie George was very disappointing. Don't get me wrong - he rucked and scrummaged fine but the try he allowed Farrell to score was awful. Thacker would have picked it up one-handed instead of 'hoofing it' like a typical hooker. He would have feinted left; feinted right; side-stepped the entire Convict's back row; sent the Australian back 3 the wrong way and then dived over for the score under the posts. Still - I guess it helped to secure the win... :smt030
How true, and in the unlikely event that did kick it it would no doubt have been a little dink that he could have collected himself before outpacing the defence and diving in under the posts, I suspect that George's lack of imaginative vision comes from being the son of being a Saints player.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Farrell was great, George Kruis was ok but Jamie George was very disappointing. Don't get me wrong - he rucked and scrummaged fine but the try he allowed Farrell to score was awful. Thacker would have picked it up one-handed instead of 'hoofing it' like a typical hooker. He would have feinted left; feinted right; side-stepped the entire Convict's back row; sent the Australian back 3 the wrong way and then dived over for the score under the posts
Not forgetting that he would've done all that after having to carry that Cole bloke (who some say looks past it btw) at the scrum... :smt003
Cheery chappy
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Just watched with the Aussie commentary on Youtube. Made it even more satisfying to hear the one eyed convicts having to accept being second best on home turf... "Austraaalia have played all the rugby in the two tests but have looost them both"

:smt046 :smt043 :smt044
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

England played with tremendous spirit, guts and :censored:-minded determination. The defence was absolutely out-standing and every player in the squad deserves credit for that.

However I'm still not convinced these backs will ever be threatening enough with ball in hand.

Early days yet though.