Marler pulls out of summer tour

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

AidanMcDowell

Marler pulls out of summer tour

Post by AidanMcDowell »

Who might be given a chance to prove himself in his place?
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Marler pulls out of summer tour

Post by rocktop51 »

I don't like the guy and think he is over-rated but I have to admire his honesty in speaking out
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

Vunipola and Mullan as front line props. That's pretty good.

Who is third? Auterac, Moon, Barrington, Waller, Smallbone and Harrison are all young (ish) and regular starters at Premiership level. Not much to distinguish them at international level, but not one would let England down as a third choice loosie.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

I hear he's going caravanning for the Summer...

Good decision. Just hope that Eddie Jones accepts it for what it is and not hold it against Marler going forward.

I'd say that behind MV, Mullan, Mako then Waller. Maybe even Auterac despite Bath's season.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
doublecarpet

Post by doublecarpet »

Looks like his attempts to get himself banned for the summer failed so he's now being honest.... :smt002
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

"Funny how the English are trying to spin that Marler was provoked into racist abuse"

Its not as funny as when some Welsh supporters claimed that Marler had his backside handed to him on a plate by Lee in the match.

Comedy gold.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

fair play for him knowing what he needs, giving your place up is always a risk so it also shows his confidence in his abilities
Blabyboy

Post by Blabyboy »

I always see him as a player that has tried to use intimidation as a part of his game, funky hair cuts, beards and Ill discipline. I'm afraid intimidation doesn't work against top players. If his I'll discipline and petulance continues I'm pretty sure after a couple more bans he is a shoe in for England captain!!!!!
The sooner we get done, the more we can do !