Mobile Crane on the move?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chris11
Tiger Cub

Re: Mobile Crane on the move?

Post by chris11 »

I agree with all the messages of goodwill to this fine servant of the club. As for the graceless few who seem to take pleasure in being dismissive about any player that doesn't meet their exacting standards....let a veil be discretely drawn.
I look forward to seeing Jordan when he comes back with Bristol next year, and I am sure he will be warmly welcomed by all at WR.
ginge

Post by ginge »

Best of luck JC . I always wanted you to play to the level you did for The Saxons in the Churchill cup, you were awesome that game. :smt041
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Some great memories of him. Of course, that penalty at Cardiff - amazing! And I got a lovely photo of him after the final when we beat the not-nots.

Wish him all the best. He was always loyal to us and I hope the final years of his caree go,well.
Maximus66

Post by Maximus66 »

A pity some on here see fit to take the 'don't let the door hit you on the way out' policy.
Jordan has been a fine and loyal servant to the club. Leicester through and through.
I sat in front of some morons at the City Ground who were blaming him for everything and the guy wasn't even playing!
Would it be so hard to wish him well?

Live long and prosper Craner :smt023
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

A great servant of the club.

Best suited to tight, forward dominated play and perhaps lacking the pace needed for to step up to international level and the style of play of the current Tigers set up. I suspect some of his limitations that we perceive are more a reflection of the game the coaches wanted him to play than lack of individual skill.

I suspect that he may have been the focus of the frustration of many of us when Tigers overlooked and lost the likes of Waldrom and latterly Pearce. That's not his fault. More of a Deano than a Vunipola.

Hopefully he will get the chance to prove us wrong and top up his pension fund at Bristol.

Obviously he never received the recognition of the world class goal kicker he aspired to be :smt048
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

It would be fitting that, if Bristol make it to Welford Road next season, they give him at least one pop at the posts.............!
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

A good man to have in your team on a grim wet muddy day. I think he deserves a bit more credit than he usually got. Not sure we have got selection at 8 right yeT,. Crane, waldroum, pierce all come and gone, and we have fonua left who is not ideal at the moment. Lets hope someone is on the case
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Having watched their SF against Bedford and seen just just how flaky Bristol can be in defence JC can't help but to improve them.

He is a wonderful off-loader but seldom did it for Tigers and I was convinced that it was down to him wearing a scrum cap: I know, you all think I'm weird to suggest this, but I remember the Churchill Cup in North America when he was the star of the Saxons and played the whole tournament (probably because of the heat) without a cap and was a revelation in open field play. The cap seemed to work like blinkers on a horse.
Last edited by DickyP on Thu May 12, 2016 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

[quote]He is a wonderful off-loader but seldom did it for Tigers and I was convinced that it was down to him wearing a scrum cap: I know, you all think I'm weird to suggest this, but I remember the Churchill Cup in North America when he was the star of the Saxons and played the whole tournament (probably because of the heat) without a cap and was a revelation in open filed play. The cap seemed to work like blinkers on a horse.
/quote]

I don't think you're weird (or perhaps I am too :smt005 ) I also thought exactly the same, and have often wondered.... 'what if?' :smt017
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Good job they managed to get the CAT stand finished :smt003
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
jonlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jonlin »

Top bloke, wish him and his family all the best for the future.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Not been a fan for years but had a lot of heart and always gave his all..wish him all the best and I agree about the scrum cap I remember watching that Churchill cup and thinking I was excited to see him push on..
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

No one ever seems to mention the fact that you need someone running on your shoulder to offload - not something that Crane had many times at Tigers!!

Plus the level of the Churchill cup is significantly lower than the premiership IMO.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Cardiff Tig wrote:No one ever seems to mention the fact that you need someone running on your shoulder to offload - not something that Crane had many times at Tigers!!

Plus the level of the Churchill cup is significantly lower than the premiership IMO.
At-a-boy Cradiff, don't give the bloke any glory. I too agree with the scrum cap theory, I also think that his place at 8 was down to his ability to control the ball behind a scrum going forward and his ability to follow instructions and get his head down and bosh away. Waldrom gave a hint to this in an interview after he had joined Chiefs. He can play good heads up rugby at times.

I think he has been a solid player for Tigers but has also been a Marmite player too - you either like him or you don't. He has played for the team and not his glory and for this I salute him and wish him all the best.

Hmm, that all sounds a bit like 'damned by faint praise' - it's not meant to. Thank you Jordan and good luck.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

GS wrote: At-a-boy Cradiff, don't give the bloke any glory. I too agree with the scrum cap theory, I also think that his place at 8 was down to his ability to control the ball behind a scrum going forward and his ability to follow instructions and get his head down and bosh away. Waldrom gave a hint to this in an interview after he had joined Chiefs. He can play good heads up rugby at times.

I think he has been a solid player for Tigers but has also been a Marmite player too - you either like him or you don't. He has played for the team and not his glory and for this I salute him and wish him all the best.

Hmm, that all sounds a bit like 'damned by faint praise' - it's not meant to. Thank you Jordan and good luck.
I was just trying to point out that IMO the scrum cap idea is rubbish, it gets brought up all the time because years ago against weaker opposition Crane played very well! I've worn one before, and it has never stopped me seeing someone to pass to...

Got nothing against Crane, when he was on top form he was a very good player, less relevant to the Tigers squad these days but he will be a good addition to the Bristol squad next year for sure.