It's not Fords fault . . .seems it was!! Now leaving!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Re: It's not Fords fault . . .seems it was!! Now leaving!!!

Post by Iain »

Roly wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:Question is now will George Ford stay now that his dad has left?
Why wouldn't he?
In fairness there is something in this. If he felt his Dad was badly treated you could understand him looking for a move away. The Bath forums are wondering whether he may even have played his last game already.

I suspect he'll be professional and carry on as normal, but it would be naive to assert that it definitely won't be an issue.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

h's dad wrote: More celebrity tat and salacious sideboob. Online I think it has one of the better layouts of the free sources but the material makes me cringe.
Never has there been a better quote of the daily mail in its current form :smt005

Celebrity (if half of them can even be classed as such) and salacious sideboob :smt038 :smt045 :smt023

The layout is definitely very good, I often read it when deep boredom ensues but it is pure drivel...
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Iain wrote:If the Daily Mail told me today was Wednesday I'd still feel the need to check a more reliable source.

With regards to Bath, it appears the smart money might be on Cockers' predecessor Heyneke Meyer.

An interesting choice. Awful circumstances that led to his untimely departure from us but there were a number of us shifting uncomfortably at the way we were playing under him before he took his leave of absence. As I recall it, as soon as Cockers took over we looked A LOT better with the same players.

Bath have got a tremendous amount of potent, pacy backs. Would a Meyer side get the best out of them? I'm not so sure.
At the time I bemoaned the way we were going, and it include some of the direst Tigers games I've attended (we missed Sale H because of recovery from operation :smt003 ). I genuinely did not rate HM and agree that Cockers improved things a lot when he took over. I don't think Bath have been set up for the HM gameplan and I seriously hope that the Clot is tempted by Brucie's millions :smt005
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Iain wrote:
Roly wrote:
Why wouldn't he?
In fairness there is something in this. If he felt his Dad was badly treated you could understand him looking for a move away. The Bath forums are wondering whether he may even have played his last game already.

I suspect he'll be professional and carry on as normal, but it would be naive to assert that it definitely won't be an issue.
It's all Cockers' fault.

Perhaps if Cockers had been more of a father figure to Boy George he would not have left us to join his family in Baarrff! :smt003

"Not only have the pair enjoyed a close familial relationship, but George rates Mike as a "brilliant" coach and he is loyal to him on both fronts."

http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/DANIEL-E ... story.html
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

I read that Heyneke Meyer is rumoured to be in line for the job, now if that were true I wonder how George would fit into the style of rugby that Meyer sides generally play. Would he have seen it first hand himself? Wasn't he in Academy here when Meyer was coach?
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Neil Fissler tweeting:

Johan Van Graan is to be announced as new Bath coach I understand. @TheRugbyPaper #rugbyunited
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Coops wrote:Neil Fissler tweeting:

Johan Van Graan is to be announced as new Bath coach I understand. @TheRugbyPaper #rugbyunited
Reuters are reporting that Van Graan has been confirmed as attack and lineout coach for Springboks.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Oooo this speculation stuff is fun! :smt005
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

It seems that Ford really was unaware of his own shortcomings:

"To the man himself, what transpired at a morning meeting with owner Bruce Craig and managing director Tarquin McDonald came as a shock.

Over the weekend, he had been confident he would be in charge for pre-season this summer and the 2016/17 campaign."

Read more: http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/Consulta ... z497vdyb8c
Valhalla I am coming!
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Roly wrote:
Why wouldn't he?
Well, if his Tigers' departure is anything to go by, I would say one reason would be having to earn the right to start at 10.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

L Smith wrote:
Roly wrote:
Why wouldn't he?
Well, if his Tigers' departure is anything to go by, I would say one reason would be having to earn the right to start at 10.
Definitely. Priestland is definitely competition. Although both can be a bit flaky. At their best, I would say that George is no. 1, but an average to good Rhys is better than a poor George.