It's not Fords fault . . .seems it was!! Now leaving!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

darganj
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: It's not Fords fault . . .

Post by darganj »

[/quote]
And you accuse me of having an 80's mentality? Pot. Kettle. Black[/quote]

I can tell you have never played a decent level of sport. I absolutely loved it when me or my team were getting slated whoever it was, really got the adrenaline pumping.

Being told you are not good enough whoever says it should get the blood pumping in your veins and adrenaline flying anywhere. A player who accepts it and crumbles shouldnt be performing in front of 10000s of people and getting paid big 6 figure sums for the privilege.

Look at Cristianio Ronaldo post getting Rooney getting sent off at old Trafford, Becks post kicking the Argentinian bloke, Robshaw post RWC 15 etc etc.

I think a few comments from some random fans will have zero effect on a player. They wouldn't give a toss, they only care about the opinions of their family, coaches and team mates.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

darganj wrote:
And you accuse me of having an 80's mentality? Pot. Kettle. Black[/quote]

I can tell you have never played a decent level of sport. I absolutely loved it when me or my team were getting slated whoever it was, really got the adrenaline pumping.

Being told you are not good enough whoever says it should get the blood pumping in your veins and adrenaline flying anywhere. A player who accepts it and crumbles shouldnt be performing in front of 10000s of people and getting paid big 6 figure sums for the privilege.

Look at Cristianio Ronaldo post getting Rooney getting sent off at old Trafford, Becks post kicking the Argentinian bloke, Robshaw post RWC 15 etc etc.

I think a few comments from some random fans will have zero effect on a player. They wouldn't give a toss, they only care about the opinions of their family, coaches and team mates.[/quote]
Much as I would like to take credit for what I've been saying, I've only been regurgitating established generally accepted research which is continually developing. It may conflict with your own perceptions but I know which I have the most faith in overall. Of course you'e right (thought I was never going to say that) that you take what there is and use it but there is a difference between the opposition telling you you're rubbish and your mother saying it; I don't think it's rocket science to suggest that your own supporters fall somewhere between the two.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I thought this was a forum for fans to share, discuss and air their views.

If players or coaches go on it then so be it.
If their ego's are too fragile to handle the comments then they should not visit. In fact if their egos are that fragile they are probably better off not playing professional sport in front of 25000 fans week in week out.

As many an actor has said, if you can't take the bad as well as the good, don't read the reviews.

Just occasionally they might pick up on something of worth. Sometimes when you are too close as a player or coach it is possible to be blinded to certain things about yourself or others. That's why considered comments are worthwhile and much more so than fawning. Personal insults no, but constructive comments should be welcomed not discouraged.

Differing opinions are fine by me, after all, deep down I know you are wrong! :smt023
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

mol2 wrote:I thought this was a forum for fans to share, discuss and air their views.

If players or coaches go on it then so be it.
If their ego's are too fragile to handle the comments then they should not visit. In fact if their egos are that fragile they are probably better off not playing professional sport in front of 25000 fans week in week out.

As many an actor has said, if you can't take the bad as well as the good, don't read the reviews.

Just occasionally they might pick up on something of worth. Sometimes when you are too close as a player or coach it is possible to be blinded to certain things about yourself or others. That's why considered comments are worthwhile and much more so than fawning. Personal insults no, but constructive comments should be welcomed not discouraged.

Differing opinions are fine by me, after all, deep down I know you are wrong! :smt023
Perfectly acceptable point of view that players should be able to cope with stick.
Why do players sledge each other? Darganj may feel that it motivated him but I doubt if the opposing coach said to his team in the changing room, 'go out and wind up that danrganj, it'll make him play better and that's just what we want.'
Why do we keep silent for kickers? Either respect or because the WR silence might put them off. Certainly not because it makes no difference at all. Same goes for the noise at French (for both sides) or Welsh (just for the opposition) grounds.
The comment about actors is pertinent as many don't read reviews for that very reason. Of course they're expected to be delicate flowers but to say that simply isn't acceptable in a rugby player is denying the facts.
But has for coming on here to pick up something of worth? Now you're really stretching it.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

I'm talking to myself, it makes more sense.

Does everyone love Ford?
Valhalla I am coming!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Still no moderator interference?

This has gone off topic. Oh well, to carry on with my pointless but point making comments:

Richard Cockerill will be eating his tea about now.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Back on scene :smt001

Can we please return to the topic...

Thanks

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

So, Roly and Darganj, if Brown-Trousers gets the heave-ho from Gurning Bruce, would you like to see him take over the reins at Welford Rd?
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

L Smith wrote:So, Roly and Darganj, if Brown-Trousers gets the heave-ho from Gurning Bruce, would you like to see him take over the reins at Welford Rd?
Natch, anyone but that awful pottymouth and serial failure Cockerill. :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Mrs Craig will definitely not allow blue blazer to disappear off to, umm, Carnegie, Doncaster or similar.
He cant go to France because his English is indecipherable
But Mrs Craig probably doesnt care...
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

JackFlashJonny wrote:
h's dad wrote:
JackFlashJonny wrote:For a player to look at the forum and be impacted by that is incredibly unprofessional..the whole point of a forum is for differing opinions...maybe you should google the meaning :smt002

You come across so arrogant in your opinions..To be honest I thought you would have a better understanding of how a forum works but alas it appears not.. :smt023
The research of external psychological influences on sportsmen who are expected to be continually at the top of their game is well documented. Saying it's unprofessional doesn't stop it being a fact.
I can be such a mixture of arrogance and humility I must be bi-polar.
As far as I'm concerned people can put what they want on the forum and I welcome (most of) the visitors from other clubs. I'm just trying to make clear that when you comment on something you care about you may have an influence on it and the tiniest impact can sometimes have a substantial practical difference.
This is imo akin to my friend who thinks when he gambles on a match it affects the score :smt003 probably best we just leave it here and agree to disagree on this matter
Is your friend a pakistani or south afican crickter then?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

jgriffin wrote:
L Smith wrote:So, Roly and Darganj, if Brown-Trousers gets the heave-ho from Gurning Bruce, would you like to see him take over the reins at Welford Rd?
Natch, anyone but that awful pottymouth and serial failure Cockerill. :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
As usual, you've taken what's been said by someone you routinely have a differing of opinion with, and twisted it round to suit your own rather blinkered agenda. It's as tedious as I am predictable.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Mike Ford leaving Barf

Post by strawclearer »

Fissler and Bath forum both containing 'strong rumours'...now confirmed:
Last edited by strawclearer on Mon May 16, 2016 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Latecomer

Re: Mike Ford leaving Barf?

Post by Latecomer »

Fissler now tweeting that several sources are saying Bath and Ford have parted company and he is seeking confirmation of this.

Link here https://mobile.twitter.com/neilfissler?p=s
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Mike Ford leaving Barf?

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Wonder where Ford jnr is off next then :smt003

Not surprised really that squad with those resources to finish with those results is unforgivable..be interesting to see who they hire..Lancaster :smt023 ?