It's not Fords fault . . .seems it was!! Now leaving!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 736
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:51 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: It's not Fords fault . . .seems it was!! Now leaving!!!

Post by physiodan » Tue May 17, 2016 8:00 am

Bath gate again but this time no Charlie and Coffee shops.

So the are lost burgess under a cloud, Grewcock gone, Mafi left after an altercation, fa'osilivia sacked for fighting and now they sack the manager for 1 poor season.

How long before Craig pulls the plug?

JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1897
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:45 am

Re: It's not Fords fault . . .seems it was!! Now leaving!!!

Post by JackFlashJonny » Tue May 17, 2016 9:39 am

Bath snubbed by Lancaster as he wants SH role..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... cking.html

Apologies for the source :smt003

jgriffin
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7270
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:49 pm
Location: On the edge of oblivion

Re: It's not Fords fault . . .seems it was!! Now leaving!!!

Post by jgriffin » Tue May 17, 2016 1:50 pm

strawclearer wrote:Bath Chronicle pulling no punches:

"Bath Rugby have sacked head coach Mike Ford.

The Chronicle understands the news was broken to him this morning. Over the weekend, he was fully expecting to be in charge for pre-season training this summer, and the 2016/17 season."


Lots of rumours going around...
Naughties with a physio apparently....male or female? :smt004
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4039
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: It's not Fords fault . . .seems it was!! Now leaving!!!

Post by strawclearer » Tue May 17, 2016 1:53 pm

Controversial tweet by George Chuter...

"In my opinion, Ford has been great."

In a determined attempt to justify a statement which clearly goes against the established view on the Barf forum and elsewhere, Chuter qualifies his opening remarks...

"I've owned a Fiesta, a Focus, and a Kuga. I've never been let down." #NoBreakdowns

:smt003
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2000
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:18 pm
Location: Market Harborough

Re: It's not Fords fault . . .seems it was!! Now leaving!!!

Post by Soggypitch » Tue May 17, 2016 1:56 pm

jgriffin wrote:
strawclearer wrote:Bath Chronicle pulling no punches:

"Bath Rugby have sacked head coach Mike Ford.

The Chronicle understands the news was broken to him this morning. Over the weekend, he was fully expecting to be in charge for pre-season training this summer, and the 2016/17 season."


Lots of rumours going around...
Naughties with a physio apparently....male or female? :smt004
If that is true then it could have a devastating affect on the family, so hopefully it is wrong.
If true however then perhaps best to give George the summer off to get his head straight, and take Farrell and Cips to Aus.
Soggypitch

tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:56 pm

Re: It's not Fords fault . . .seems it was!! Now leaving!!!

Post by tigercaspian » Tue May 17, 2016 5:28 pm

jgriffin wrote:
strawclearer wrote:Bath Chronicle pulling no punches:

"Bath Rugby have sacked head coach Mike Ford.

The Chronicle understands the news was broken to him this morning. Over the weekend, he was fully expecting to be in charge for pre-season training this summer, and the 2016/17 season."


Lots of rumours going around...
Naughties with a physio apparently....male or female? :smt004
At least he won't have had back problems then............

h's dad
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2560
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:19 pm
Location: In front of pc

Re: It's not Fords fault . . .seems it was!! Now leaving!!!

Post by h's dad » Wed May 18, 2016 1:39 am

JackFlashJonny wrote:Bath snubbed by Lancaster as he wants SH role..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... cking.html

Apologies for the source :smt003
As far as I can see, apart from the headline there is no suggestion at all in the piece that Bath were interested in Lancaster or that he had snubbed them. Dreadful 'journalism'.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game

JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1897
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:45 am

Re: It's not Fords fault . . .seems it was!! Now leaving!!!

Post by JackFlashJonny » Wed May 18, 2016 9:14 am

h's dad wrote:
JackFlashJonny wrote:Bath snubbed by Lancaster as he wants SH role..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... cking.html

Apologies for the source :smt003
As far as I can see, apart from the headline there is no suggestion at all in the piece that Bath were interested in Lancaster or that he had snubbed them. Dreadful 'journalism'.
It is from the daily mail what do you expect....

Roly
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2351
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: It's not Fords fault . . .seems it was!! Now leaving!!!

Post by Roly » Wed May 18, 2016 10:05 am

JackFlashJonny wrote:
h's dad wrote:
JackFlashJonny wrote:Bath snubbed by Lancaster as he wants SH role..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... cking.html

Apologies for the source :smt003
As far as I can see, apart from the headline there is no suggestion at all in the piece that Bath were interested in Lancaster or that he had snubbed them. Dreadful 'journalism'.
It is from the daily mail what do you expect....
Xenophobic far-right wing bigotry?
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.

Iain
Super User
Super User
Posts: 8161
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:39 pm
Location: Market Harborough

Re: It's not Fords fault . . .seems it was!! Now leaving!!!

Post by Iain » Wed May 18, 2016 10:17 am

If the Daily Mail told me today was Wednesday I'd still feel the need to check a more reliable source.

With regards to Bath, it appears the smart money might be on Cockers' predecessor Heyneke Meyer.

An interesting choice. Awful circumstances that led to his untimely departure from us but there were a number of us shifting uncomfortably at the way we were playing under him before he took his leave of absence. As I recall it, as soon as Cockers took over we looked A LOT better with the same players.

Bath have got a tremendous amount of potent, pacy backs. Would a Meyer side get the best out of them? I'm not so sure.

h's dad
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2560
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:19 pm
Location: In front of pc

Re: It's not Fords fault . . .seems it was!! Now leaving!!!

Post by h's dad » Wed May 18, 2016 10:29 am

Roly wrote:
JackFlashJonny wrote:
h's dad wrote:<<quote="JackFlashJonny"]Bath snubbed by Lancaster as he wants SH role..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... cking.html

Apologies for the source :smt003[/quote>>
As far as I can see, apart from the headline there is no suggestion at all in the piece that Bath were interested in Lancaster or that he had snubbed them. Dreadful 'journalism'.
It is from the daily mail what do you expect....
Xenophobic far-right wing bigotry?
It's hardly the official organ of the BNP and EDL. More celebrity tat and salacious sideboob. Online I think it has one of the better layouts of the free sources but the material makes me cringe.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game

Iain
Super User
Super User
Posts: 8161
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:39 pm
Location: Market Harborough

Re: It's not Fords fault . . .seems it was!! Now leaving!!!

Post by Iain » Wed May 18, 2016 10:35 am

h's dad wrote: It's hardly the official organ of the BNP and EDL. More celebrity tat and salacious sideboob. Online I think it has one of the better layouts of the free sources but the material makes me cringe.
It really may as well be at times. Some of the propaganda it spins on immigration is truly vile.

It might have a nice layout, but Mein Kampf was separated into nice logical chapters too.

Roly
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2351
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: It's not Fords fault . . .seems it was!! Now leaving!!!

Post by Roly » Wed May 18, 2016 10:45 am

Iain wrote:
h's dad wrote: It's hardly the official organ of the BNP and EDL. More celebrity tat and salacious sideboob. Online I think it has one of the better layouts of the free sources but the material makes me cringe.
It really may as well be at times. Some of the propaganda it spins on immigration is truly vile.

It might have a nice layout, but Mein Kampf was separated into nice logical chapters too.
Well, on pretty much anything really. Its a Kipper's paradise.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.

Noddy555
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Re: It's not Fords fault . . .seems it was!! Now leaving!!!

Post by Noddy555 » Wed May 18, 2016 11:22 am

Question is now will George Ford stay now that his dad has left?

Roly
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2351
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: It's not Fords fault . . .seems it was!! Now leaving!!!

Post by Roly » Wed May 18, 2016 11:31 am

Noddy555 wrote:Question is now will George Ford stay now that his dad has left?
Why wouldn't he?
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests