It's not Fords fault . . .seems it was!! Now leaving!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: It's not Fords fault . . .

Post by tigercaspian »

Mind you, Ford does seem to be trying to do something about it........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/36248244
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

tigercaspian wrote:Mind you, Ford does seem to be trying to do something about it........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/36248244
Not sure that's a good signing. Yes, he can be spectacular, but also very average. Actually, a perfect match, given Bath's performance this season :smt003
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Sorry JG, didn't see it coming! Thought that an insight into Fords lack of self awareness was interesting, and that Showing Cockers has a sly sense of humour might be entertaining . . . . .

Wrong! Mea culpa. :smt012
Valhalla I am coming!
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

The 64000$ question...

IF Ford looked like Cockers, would Mrs Craig allegedly have still sanctioned him ?

And another to mull over--------- who is the nearest Rugby Coaching Clone to Arsend Whingher, apart of course from Voldemort....
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

darganj wrote:
fleabane wrote:Ford: "Clearly we have got to look at the coaching structure and to freshen things up."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/ ... p-after-d/

Also a few words from Cockers:

"There’s a party atmosphere around this place today and I am not sure you would get that at Welford Road if we were sat in ninth,” Cockerill said. “I might be in deep trouble if we finished ninth. I was in deep trouble when we finished third."
Let's hope Leicester beat Sarries, as another semi final hammering and Cockerill is going to look like a muppet.

The only reason he isn't in deep trouble this year is because the board gave him a cheque book to cover for his inadequacies and "Get Mauger".

Our pack has been poor this year. He is in no place to be smug.
Funny: you and Roly remind me of the two hecklers on the balcony. Statler and Waldorf (but without the humour and self awareness)!
:smt045
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

L Smith wrote:
darganj wrote:
fleabane wrote:Ford: "Clearly we have got to look at the coaching structure and to freshen things up."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/ ... p-after-d/

Also a few words from Cockers:

"There’s a party atmosphere around this place today and I am not sure you would get that at Welford Road if we were sat in ninth,” Cockerill said. “I might be in deep trouble if we finished ninth. I was in deep trouble when we finished third."
Let's hope Leicester beat Sarries, as another semi final hammering and Cockerill is going to look like a muppet.

The only reason he isn't in deep trouble this year is because the board gave him a cheque book to cover for his inadequacies and "Get Mauger".

Our pack has been poor this year. He is in no place to be smug.
Funny: you and Roly remind me of the two hecklers on the balcony. Statler and Waldorf (but without the humour and self awareness)!
:smt045
Oh the irony of the CA, for whom 'oozing gloop' as it was so eloquently put, appears to be a pastime....

If you'd actually bothered to read what I'd said, it might actually sink in that I offered a fair counter-point argument and actually tried to reign Darj in.

But I stand by what I said. RC doesn't have a stick to beat anyone with - yet, especially against a team he'd just lost to, and has lost to 3 from the last four occasions in fact.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

Good comment from Cockers, and the fun reaction from the heckler sisters!
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Roly wrote: Oh the irony of the CA, for whom 'oozing gloop' as it was so eloquently put, appears to be a pastime....

If you'd actually bothered to read what I'd said, it might actually sink in that I offered a fair counter-point argument and actually tried to reign Darj in.

But I stand by what I said. RC doesn't have a stick to beat anyone with - yet, especially against a team he'd just lost to, and has lost to 3 from the last four occasions in fact.
I had noted that your post was surprisingly balanced but my observations are based on a wider data set; even a stopped clock is right twice per day .
As for the CA (stitch my sides back up), I only spent one season on the benches in the Crumbie; it was like purgatory! Look, Roly, you can't troll your way through the forum, then stick your bottom lip out when some banter comes back your way.
As per usual, this will probably be removed once you've PM'd the mod(s)... :smt023
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

L Smith wrote:
Roly wrote: Oh the irony of the CA, for whom 'oozing gloop' as it was so eloquently put, appears to be a pastime....

I had noted that your post was surprisingly balanced but my observations are based on a wider data set; even a stopped clock is right twice per day .
As for the CA (stitch my sides back up), I only spent one season on the benches in the Crumbie; it was like purgatory! Look, Roly, you can't troll your way through the forum, then stick your bottom lip out when some banter comes back your way.
As per usual, this will probably be removed once you've PM'd the mod(s)... :smt023
FYI I've probably PM'd the Mods once or even twice.... it seems to be the preserve of others to complain about my posts and get them removed - you know, when some banter comes back their way....

Trolling.... yes, well.... designed to DELIBERATELY annoy and wind up with little actual content. I may rub people up the wrong way, but I absolutely do try to put forward a counter-argument whenever possible. Some call it trolling, I prefer to think of my missives as offering a differing opinion.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Roly Poly, pumpkin pie,
Wrote a post and made them them cry;
When the Mods come out to play,
Roly Poly runs away.

:smt003

With apologies to James Orchard Halliwell
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

BengalTiger wrote:Good comment from Cockers, and the fun reaction from the heckler sisters!
If you think that an unnecessary comment from the DoR aimed at a team that has just beaten his team, and pretty much had the better of them in the last two seasons, including a 45 - 0 drubbing and a walloping in an AP semi-final (in excess of 40 points overall) as 'good', then it says more about the both of you than someone prepared to challenge those comments as being ill-advised under the circumstances.
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Hardly ill advised
We are 4th, they are 9th
We are in the semi, they are not

All that needs to be said really
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Roly wrote:
BengalTiger wrote:Good comment from Cockers, and the fun reaction from the heckler sisters!
If you think that an unnecessary comment from the DoR aimed at a team that has just beaten his team, and pretty much had the better of them in the last two seasons, including a 45 - 0 drubbing and a walloping in an AP semi-final (in excess of 40 points overall) as 'good', then it says more about the both of you than someone prepared to challenge those comments as being ill-advised under the circumstances.
I think Bath started the post match contest of putting your balls on the table to see who's were biggest, Cockers was just polite enough to join in. I'm not sure whether you think Bath won that particular contest or whether you're just sulking because they didn't?
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

northerntiger wrote:Hardly ill advised
We are 4th, they are 9th
We are in the semi, they are not

All that needs to be said really
Gloating isn't particularly clever coming from a DoR either. But I suppose its to be expected on a club's forum, where inevitably people will attempt to use it as an opportunity to use that club's success (perceived or otherwise) to fill in the gaps in their own (perhaps) unfulfilled lives.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

h's dad wrote:
Roly wrote:
I think Bath started the post match contest of putting your balls on the table to see who's were biggest, Cockers was just polite enough to join in. I'm not sure whether you think Bath won that particular contest or whether you're just sulking because they didn't?
I'm disappointed that Tigers didn't win. I'm no fan of Bath believe me! But there's more to Cockers's sly dig than meets the eye I feel.

Gloating is such an ugly word....