2015/16 Squad/Contracts/Rumours and Transfers Thread Part 5

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
jgriffin
Super User
Super User
Posts: 6644
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:49 pm
Location: On the edge of oblivion

Re: 2015/16 Squad/Contracts/Rumours and Transfers Thread Par

Post by jgriffin » Mon May 09, 2016 10:33 am

Iain wrote:
RagingBull wrote:Gatlands law will be abandoned in the interests of Welsh success in the Six Nations.
Fixed that for you.
Always argued it was a myth when it came to the crunch. Unlike prissy little England, fortunately along with Toxic Rob the 'overseas' rule will get dumped as EJ settles in and takes T'eo and Underhill for Down Under jollies.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.

JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1896
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:45 am

Re: 2015/16 Squad/Contracts/Rumours and Transfers Thread Par

Post by JackFlashJonny » Mon May 09, 2016 11:30 am

jgriffin wrote:
Iain wrote:
RagingBull wrote:Gatlands law will be abandoned in the interests of Welsh success in the Six Nations.
Fixed that for you.
Always argued it was a myth when it came to the crunch. Unlike prissy little England, fortunately along with Toxic Rob the 'overseas' rule will get dumped as EJ settles in and takes T'eo and Underhill for Down Under jollies.
T'eo would be allowed to come having signed for an English club next season as once the summer starts he is at said club for pre-season..

Underhill is interesting but then again I would say special circumstances initially just to keep him away from the Welsh..once capped normal rules apply :smt003

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7161
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: 2015/16 Squad/Contracts/Rumours and Transfers Thread Par

Post by RagingBull » Mon May 09, 2016 11:37 am

Think the clubs are allowing Underhill as he went to Wales primaryly to study.

kpj tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1993
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:57 pm
Location: Stoney Stanton

Re: 2015/16 Squad/Contracts/Rumours and Transfers Thread Par

Post by kpj tiger » Mon May 09, 2016 11:50 am

Didn't Underhill recently come out and say he has absolutely no interest in playing for Wales but that he was going to finish his studies there and then come back to an AP club?

I also noticed Corry saying he needs to come home to a top AP club if he want's a good shot at the England squad, wonder if Corry has personally suggested which top AP club to go too :smt002

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7161
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: 2015/16 Squad/Contracts/Rumours and Transfers Thread Par

Post by RagingBull » Mon May 09, 2016 11:52 am

Bristol?

Oh wait he said top club.

Bath?

Damn keep forgetting the top club bit.

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3576
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: 2015/16 Squad/Contracts/Rumours and Transfers Thread Par

Post by strawclearer » Mon May 09, 2016 2:05 pm

Stu_F wrote:
strawclearer wrote:Ben Ransom on Twitter: "Awesome to play with a great bunch of guys today in what could have been my last game for @Saracens."

Hmmm...could be interesting, particularly if Tait does go to Gloucs!
Who was the last Sarries player to come to Tigers? Excluding Goodie I can only think of Chris Tarbuck.
Wasn't Julian White Sorries before Bristol?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Help save the Oceans - #RefuseTheStraw!

G.K
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5679
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:19 am
Location: See SatNav

Re: 2015/16 Squad/Contracts/Rumours and Transfers Thread Par

Post by G.K » Mon May 09, 2016 2:54 pm

kpj tiger wrote:Didn't Underhill recently come out and say he has absolutely no interest in playing for Wales but that he was going to finish his studies there and then come back to an AP club?

I also noticed Corry saying he needs to come home to a top AP club if he want's a good shot at the England squad, wonder if Corry has personally suggested which top AP club to go too :smt002
Underhill is on record as saying he wants to play for England as he's English but will honour his club contract in Wales.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3576
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: 2015/16 Squad/Contracts/Rumours and Transfers Thread Par

Post by strawclearer » Mon May 09, 2016 3:22 pm

Kahn Fotuali’i moving from Stains to Barf - says he's sad to be leaving a big club! :smt042
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Help save the Oceans - #RefuseTheStraw!

fleabane
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5019
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:26 pm
Location: Occitanie

Re: 2015/16 Squad/Contracts/Rumours and Transfers Thread Par

Post by fleabane » Mon May 09, 2016 7:51 pm

Bump up to above part 4!
Valhalla I am coming!

watsonjm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: 2015/16 Squad/Contracts/Rumours and Transfers Thread Par

Post by watsonjm » Tue May 10, 2016 9:25 am

Where has the Tait rumour come from?

I thought he signed a 2 year deal?

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7161
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: 2015/16 Squad/Contracts/Rumours and Transfers Thread Par

Post by RagingBull » Tue May 10, 2016 9:36 am

Came from Shedweb.

Rumour on there was they signed a Glous old boy who was a England International back it was shorted down to Tait

Iain
Super User
Super User
Posts: 8161
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:39 pm
Location: Market Harborough

Re: 2015/16 Squad/Contracts/Rumours and Transfers Thread Par

Post by Iain » Tue May 10, 2016 9:37 am

RagingBull wrote:Came from Shedweb.

Rumour on there was they signed a Glous old boy who was a England International back it was shorted down to Tait
Talk me through this bit.

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7161
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: 2015/16 Squad/Contracts/Rumours and Transfers Thread Par

Post by RagingBull » Tue May 10, 2016 9:39 am

He was a Glous academy player

Iain
Super User
Super User
Posts: 8161
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:39 pm
Location: Market Harborough

Re: 2015/16 Squad/Contracts/Rumours and Transfers Thread Par

Post by Iain » Tue May 10, 2016 9:43 am

I don't think you're right there. I'm happy to be corrected.

My understanding is he was at school in County Durham and signed for Newcastle while he was doing his A Levels. He then famously made an early breakthrough and was in the England squad at 19.

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7161
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: 2015/16 Squad/Contracts/Rumours and Transfers Thread Par

Post by RagingBull » Tue May 10, 2016 9:45 am

Iain wrote:I don't think you're right there. I'm happy to be corrected.

My understanding is he was at school in County Durham and signed for Newcastle while he was doing his A Levels. He then famously made an early breakthrough and was in the England squad at 19.
en.espn.co.uk/scrum/rugby/story/47387.html

http://www.gloucesterrugby.co.uk/mobile ... e/5202.php

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests