Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Roly
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Sarries - Saturday 21st May at 12-30

Post by Roly »

L Smith wrote:
Roly wrote:Some people have even begun to 'understand' me....
We always did; it was you who struggled!

I agree that the forum is still more colourful with your input and have started to mellow. Some of your recent posts have had merit and caused me to challenge my paradigms, which I like. Previously, when your posts were overwhelmingly snide, I just wondered "why bother?" I now see you as having evolved from a troll to a purveyor of polemics.

Maybe, just maybe, you're on a journey of enlightenment that will see you break free from your chrysalis of negativity and see you blossom into a true CA butterfly.

"Nurse!"

Ooooo ta..... (is that damning with faint praise...?)

If I have evolved, it's a pity others seem incapable of it. My whole point, rightly or wrongly, is to challenge convention and initiate debate. Sometimes, that's gone the wrong way, other times, it hasn't.

The Italy v Georgia debate was fun, but it was just too much like hard work in the end to keep it going, especially when I actually agreed with Iain for example, but the malicious streak in me kept them on the hook. The real fun of course, is that they don't know they're on the hook themselves half the time - or maybe they do - but you can't deny, it spawned a lively and lengthy article.

The real trick, I think, is not to take yourself too seriously. This forum has some right old fossils lurking in its strata, although I've pretty much narrowed that down to 1 or 2 now - and I can't deny, I've enjoyed fracking....
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

You need to get out more.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Iain wrote:You need to get out more.
Meh....got to have a hobby.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Roly wrote:
Iain wrote:You need to get out more.
Meh....got to have a hobby.
Score Draw! :smt042
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Roly wrote:
L Smith wrote:
Roly wrote:Some people have even begun to 'understand' me....
We always did; it was you who struggled!

I agree that the forum is still more colourful with your input and have started to mellow. Some of your recent posts have had merit and caused me to challenge my paradigms, which I like. Previously, when your posts were overwhelmingly snide, I just wondered "why bother?" I now see you as having evolved from a troll to a purveyor of polemics.

Maybe, just maybe, you're on a journey of enlightenment that will see you break free from your chrysalis of negativity and see you blossom into a true CA butterfly.

"Nurse!"

Ooooo ta..... (is that damning with faint praise...?)

If I have evolved, it's a pity others seem incapable of it. My whole point, rightly or wrongly, is to challenge convention and initiate debate. Sometimes, that's gone the wrong way, other times, it hasn't.

The Italy v Georgia debate was fun, but it was just too much like hard work in the end to keep it going, especially when I actually agreed with Iain for example, but the malicious streak in me kept them on the hook. The real fun of course, is that they don't know they're on the hook themselves half the time - or maybe they do - but you can't deny, it spawned a lively and lengthy article.

The real trick, I think, is not to take yourself too seriously. This forum has some right old fossils lurking in its strata, although I've pretty much narrowed that down to 1 or 2 now - and I can't deny, I've enjoyed fracking....
Cutting to the chase... you are a wind up merchant. Not crticising per se, it's a free country and whatever floats your boat. But I just thought I'd spell it out for those hard of thinking.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Quite a few of those on here - or hard of thinking for themselves might be more accurate.