Tigers v Sarries - Saturday 21st May at 12-30

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Sarries - Saturday 21st May at 12-30

Post by johnthegriff »

The Away Supporters Club coach will be leaving at 8.00 am, I expect to be leaving from the Crumbie car park but that may change when I have had a chance to talk to Tigers, it all depends on other bookings of Tiger's facilities and any building that may be going on.
Coach fare will be £17 per adult £15 seniors & students and just £10 for those age 16 and under. Phone 0116 2101056
Alatoruk

Post by Alatoruk »

Snorbins wrote:Don't pack your suitcases for your holiday to Barnet yet, according to TRP league table Tigers are 5th behind Sale. Someone having a laff!
ITV had Quins in 6th and Sale in 7th on the graphic, even as they said 'Sale playing Champions Cup rugby finishing in 6th' so it's a bit of a free for all anyway.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

So I suppose that means both semi finals will be played on the same day with the Exeter v Wasps game with a ko time of 3.00 or 3.15 so that BT can cover both matches. Makes sense as the final participants will be known on that day and Sales to Fans can begin the following Monday or Tuesday.
Reading Tiger

Post by Reading Tiger »

Allianz Park is not the easiest place to get to. I've been twice, each time getting the tube to Mill Hill East and the free 'bus to stadium.
From the Sarries website.... SARACENS SHUTTLE:- On home match days Saracens run free shuttle buses from Mill Hill East and Edgware London Underground stations as well as Mill Hill Broadway National Rail station. Services are extremely regular, running approximately every 6/7 minutes from each of these stations and drop you a short walk from the stadium on Pursley Road. Pioneers will be present to help you find the buses and direct you onward toward the stadium.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Twickers here we come!! :smt027 :smt027
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
OliverS

Post by OliverS »

We drove to the last Sarries away game on 2nd Jan and parked in the Barnet College car park. Easy from M1 but not completely obvious to find - no Saracens signs on the gate - so would suggest a little Google Maps and Streetview for first time. 15min walk to stadium under 4 track mainline, over M1, under A1 then 2 streets through housing estate - again easier with a spot of homework - google maps on phone helps. I would recommend it over the onsite car park and would use again - just as quick as any other way. We stayed afterwards for a pitch walk-about on the artificial (take a ball if you do) for at least 45 minutes and the queue of cars to get out was almost motionless as we walked along it's half mile length - one single track road into the site with a lot of people turning right out the end of it and no traffic marshalling.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Sarries -7 on the Handicap.

Exeter -4 in the other semi with their home advantage.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

The 8.46 from Mkt Harb gets to Mill Hill Broadway (via Luton Airport Parkway) at 10.12 from where it is a free 5 minute bus ride to AP. £42 open return.

Sarries seats all seem to be £42 but standing is £26. I am a Crumbie Terrace man so happy to stand, but does anyone know if the view is acceptable standing at AP? I have been to the odd ground when viewing from the standing area has been all but impossible, we are quite spoilt on the CT with a good pitch (or gradient!).

Any feedback v welcome!
Soggypitch
DigDag

Post by DigDag »

Unfortunately, my crazy job means I have the occasional week of seven 11-hour night shifts and the Saracens game falls in between the fifth and sixth nights. I've missed a portion of sleep before to attend games but nothing anyone is posting here is convincing me I should do it again. Allianz Park looks and sounds like a soulless, desolate and unwelcoming place. The images from the Newcastle Falcons' game in Russia earlier in the season offer a more attractive away trip! As others have said, the lads will need all the support possible for a difficult game and I really feel I should be there but I still need convincing. Whatever the outcome, apart from two or three poor results (both games against Sale and the away trip up at Newcastle) I think we've had a decent season and have a lot to look forward to. Hopefully on May 28!
Downsouth

Post by Downsouth »

Looking at the Saracens site, there are plenty of £26 seats left. It wouldn't be a huge shock if much of our allocation is just the expensive seats and standing! I am amazed that more tickets have not been snapped up already - by Tigers fans - it would be great to make this a home match with the support! :smt041
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Soggypitch wrote:The 8.46 from Mkt Harb gets to Mill Hill Broadway (via Luton Airport Parkway) at 10.12 from where it is a free 5 minute bus ride to AP. £42 open return.

Sarries seats all seem to be £42 but standing is £26. I am a Crumbie Terrace man so happy to stand, but does anyone know if the view is acceptable standing at AP? I have been to the odd ground when viewing from the standing area has been all but impossible, we are quite spoilt on the CT with a good pitch (or gradient!).

Any feedback v welcome!
Standing is fine but be careful if you sit. We bought tickets 4 rows back in the stand opposite the main stand =- we were between the 22 and halfway line and could only see half of the pitch as the players/medics/officials/etc stand on the halfway line and completely blocked our view - further back and you would be ok I think - back row would be best. standing is in front of the main stand and I think, without restriction
Hehehehehehehehe
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Word of warning with standing. It isn't a terrace, merely a running track. It never seems full though, so you should be okay getting to the front.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Thanks Trendy, I will be buying some standing tickets then. Also discovered the return train fare from Mkt Harb to Mill Hill Broadway can be reduced to £32 using tickety split - book a return to Bedford, then a return from Bedford to Mill Hill, saves a tenner (only about 2 pints at London prices!!).
Soggypitch
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

IMHO Barnet and Copthall athletics club stadium is not suitable for premiership rugby. My contact (a senior chap) in the club spits blood every year about what Sarries do to the track and the stadium. and as others have said, the view to watch rugby is not good at all, given the temporary stands and the running track.

Plus parking is almost impossible unless you get to one of the tube/railway stations really early to get one of the very few spots. In fact, I can't find anything nice to say about the ground at all.

So, so hope we turn them over. And we can. In the words of Bill W , Keep The Faith.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I have to say for all its faults I quite like Allianz Park. They've done a good job of making the main stand a good clubhouse atmosphere. It's a nice place to be before and after the game.