Tigers v Sarries - Saturday 21st May at 12-30

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Kjay
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Tigers v Sarries - Saturday 21st May at 12-30

Post by Kjay »

Now the dust has settled, no doubt everyone will be along to tell us where we went wrong, and who should shoulder the blame, because it was our fault and nothing to do with us having to play a very, very good team on their own carpet.

My main concern is with Manu's injury. Should he be left out of the squad for the England tour, so that he can recover and have a solid pre season to benefit both Tigers and England in the long term or will the short view be to take him and break him even more? Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

What to do with my weekends till next September is now the most important thing on my mind not looking to blame someone.
Tigersunited

Re: Appalling errors yet again in a major match..

Post by Tigersunited »

Indeed, it's time for change In my book. We seem to be similar to Arsenal, stagnating yet keeping the faith - I think it's Einstein's theory of madness........
At arsenal they say it's all a bit cosy, Wenger has an excellent relationship with the management and they in return back him............
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Kjay wrote:
My main concern is with Manu's injury. Should he be left out of the squad for the England tour, so that he can recover and have a solid pre season to benefit both Tigers and England in the long term or will the short view be to take him and break him even more? Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Great point but England will have no concerns for Tigers.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Boring. Why start a new thread - to attract the moaners? :smt015
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Threads now merged.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

The title was lost, not against a bunch of salary cap cheating, perpetually off side Yarpies today............(I'm not bitter) but in points thrown away through the regular season. The "Oh never mind, we can come fourth and still win it" mentality is clearly in error.

If fourth is your benchmark fourth you will come! (Thank you Yoda :smt001 )I hope for better things next year.

Farewell all, have a nice summer. I'm off down the Wilted Daff or a few scoops of ale to drown my sorrows. It's even persisting down here so watching the cricket is out of the question.

Depressing isn't it!

Until next season.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Bristol Tiger wrote:Lots of doom and gloom on here!

We were awful in the first half but it was our mistakes, usually attacking in the Saracens half. If we can tighten up our skills, continue to develop fitness and the defensive system we have, then we should be looking at a top two finish. We'll struggle to win semifinals away from home so let's start getting back to home semi-finals and who knows where we will get too.

Thought Genge looks good. Hope we keep him!
Doom and gloom borne out of disappointment - I hope? The Tigers will get there maybe next season?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

Big Dai wrote:Until next season.
Glass raised and toasted - until next season!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

fortysix wrote:surely, with our History and Crowd support, we should be much much better than we are .
What an absolutely arrogant statement.

History has little or no bearing on current performances. What has it done for the likes of Coventry, London Welsh to name but 2?

Crowd support. The only place where that really matters is Welford Road. One loss in all competitions this season. So not sure how "much" better we can be in this respect.

Yes, we do need to improve if we are going to win things, but anyone who does not see an improvement in many areas of our play from this time last season...

And for anyone who wants to quote Sarries, it's taken them four or five years to get to this stage.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

And personally I think there is a lot to look forward to next season.
Forever keeping the faith.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Is that Bristol rugby club you are talking about BT?
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

We said before hand we would have to be at our absolute best. We weren't.

I am a little bit more in the glass half full camp than the half empty one but there is plenty for the coaches and players to muse on and work on over the summer.
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

LE18 wrote:Is that Bristol rugby club you are talking about BT?
Bristol are my second club and I would love them to be back in the Premiership - makes it an easy away team trip to watch Tigers :smt003 I've missed watching us play in Bristol!
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

CJ wrote:And personally I think there is a lot to look forward to next season.
Forever keeping the faith.
Agreed - especially with the new arrivals coming in the summer.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Tigers just not good enough today.
The additions of McGuigan and Toomua give me hope and the only other area that concerns me moving forward is at 9, Ben Youngs was poor once again today in every aspect of the game.
Must sort out the hooker issue as it has been an area blinded by the old boys network IMO and been very costly in big physical matches and potentially cost a home semi-final.
Today was a level beyond Thacker's, limited the pack effectiveness again today and again against a very physical side another defensive error from him in a big match on the first Sarries try.
Tom Youngs and McGuigan as said should sort it but only if the blinkers come off what is a flaky selection.
Fitzgerald needs to play at lock IMO, not quick enough off the set piece IMO and Kitchener needs to prove he can step up physically, for a man of his size he doesn't bring enough IMO.
Difficult to say too much about the backs and I think we all know what they can do but quality of ball was often poor and Saracens were good.
Saracens are very good and could have more to come as they played well within themselves at times IMO, when they raised the intensity they were a different level to Leicester which is worrying.
Cheery chappy