Marler seeking psychological help

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Marler seeking psychological help

Post by trendylfj »

Marler is having psychological help and has realised that he has a problem. Good to see he has taken this step but I wonder who else "should" do the same?

http://www.aol.co.uk/sport/2016/05/01/m ... ical-help/
Hehehehehehehehe
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Marler seeking psychological help

Post by Stu_F »

Presumably you are thinking of a "gentleman" originating from a place known for its hot springs who plays for a club based in the county in which you live?
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Its obvious to anyone with half a brain that a guy who changes his hair style weekly has massive personal issues.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Stu_F wrote:Presumably you are thinking of a "gentleman" originating from a place known for its hot springs who plays for a club based in the county in which you live?
My address is Braybrooke, Market Harborough, Leicestershire - but some fool built it on the next door county's bit of earth - but yes, he did come into my mind.
Hehehehehehehehe
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Good for him.

You have to learn, and if necessary get help, from your mistakes.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

fortysix wrote:Its obvious to anyone with half a brain that a guy who changes his hair style weekly has massive personal issues.
I change my golf swing every week - sometimes several times during a round! Does that count? :smt003

If he's genuine then "fair do's" to Marler - hope it works for him.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

Sorry but do Hairyqueens not employ sports psychologist already to help channel aggression in the right direction? I assumed all the top teams would.
Slightly off topic but the reduction in his ban for kicking an opponent in the head does not make any sense to me, he was allegedly subject to 'the foulest of abuse' so the kick to the head was deliberate and premeditated, in my book that should increase the ban not reduce it.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

BengalTiger wrote:Sorry but do Hairyqueens not employ sports psychologist already to help channel aggression in the right direction? I assumed all the top teams would.
Slightly off topic but the reduction in his ban for kicking an opponent in the head does not make any sense to me, he was allegedly subject to 'the foulest of abuse' so the kick to the head was deliberate and premeditated, in my book that should increase the ban not reduce it.
The article cited in the OP is a partial cut-and-paste from a much longer article in The Sunday Times.

I'm no great fan of Marler, I still can't forgive him for tugging at Marcos' scrum cap and inciting Marcos to retaliate, for which Marcos was carded. We know that all props wind each other up, some go further than others, and our own Saint Julian is, correctly, revered here. There is a bit in the ST where Lee is said to have called Marler 'a posh :censored:', which given Marler's antecedents caused the England pack to micturate laughing apparently. Marler clearly realised he had gone over the top at half time.

His frankness in admitting the offence with no mitigation offered is what got his ban reduced, and rightly so imo. Let's hope the treatment works because since the Marcos incident he has become a better prop.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

TomWeston wrote:.... caused the England pack to micturate laughing apparently. .
thus causing the Welsh pack to defecate in fear?
Semper in excretia
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Marler seeks advice.......

Post by rocktop51 »

Perhaps this just confirms what may think

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/36263272
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Re: Marler seeks advice.......

Post by Robespierre »

OK, so maybe he shouldn't have said that to his opponent - but it was said "in the heat of the battle", not that I'm condoning it, but good man, Joe, for doing what you're doing, having realised that you're only human like most of us (there are exceptions!!!) and we all have our frailties.
Semper in excretia
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

After his fight with Alex Tuilagi during an England v Samoa match where Lewis Moody became the first England player to be sent off. Moody went to a sports psychologist to sort his 'emotions' out.

So Marler isn't the first, and before we condemn him as a thug we need to remember that a few Tigers have not been saints in the past.

I don't think Marler is a great player but say, fair play, to him for trying to sort his situation out. He's probably hoping it keeps him on the right side of the refs.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

ads wrote:After his fight with Alex Tuilagi during an England v Samoa match where Lewis Moody became the first England player to be sent off. Moody went to a sports psychologist to sort his 'emotions' out.

So Marler isn't the first, and before we condemn him as a thug we need to remember that a few Tigers have not been saints in the past.
If I recall that incident correctly it started with Moodo trying to contain Alesana from behind and escalated from there.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

ads wrote:So Marler isn't the first, and before we condemn him as a thug we need to remember that a few Tigers have not been saints in the past.
Can anyone think of a Jamie Gibson joke? :smt023
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

TomWeston wrote:
ads wrote:After his fight with Alex Tuilagi during an England v Samoa match where Lewis Moody became the first England player to be sent off. Moody went to a sports psychologist to sort his 'emotions' out.

If I recall that incident correctly it started with Moodo trying to contain Alesana from behind and escalated from there.
This may help with the memory...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0l91f28J_Ng
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man