Play offs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Re: Play offs

Post by Noddy555 »

Despite what Iain and others say I think the greedy guts of the RFU might move the semi final. Oh hang on sorry you are right they won't move it because these greedy guts have a vested interest in Sarries. Apologies.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Noddy555 wrote:Despite what Iain and others say I think the greedy guts of the RFU might move the semi final. Oh hang on sorry you are right they won't move it because these greedy guts have a vested interest in Sarries. Apologies.
Why would the RFU move it? What is this vested interest? What have you been drinking at lunch?
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Also Noddy, if you really do need this in black and white:

http://saracens.com/news-article/sarace ... semi-final
Following victory over Newcastle Falcons Saracens have now secured a home semi final at Allianz Park in the Premiership. The fixture will take place on Saturday 21st May, kick off tbc, with the opposition is still to be confirmed.
Season ticket holders have their seats reserved in with their 25% discount already applied. Simply login to your account online and you will see your reservations under the semi final game.

Ticket Purchase:

Tickets can be purchased online by clicking here.

Parking will go on sale in the coming week.

Saracens Express will go on sale in the coming week.

- See more at: http://saracens.com/news-article/sarace ... WcfEB.dpuf
at Allianz Park
at Allianz Park
Clear?
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

In what world would Sarries move from a pitch that gives them a massive advantage... :smt017 can't believe any of you think this is even being considered by them..
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

JackFlashJonny wrote:In what world would Sarries move from a pitch that gives them a massive advantage... :smt017 can't believe any of you think this is even being considered by them..
Have you met Noddy before...?
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

JackFlashJonny wrote:In what world would Sarries move from a pitch that gives them a massive advantage... :smt017 can't believe any of you think this is even being considered by them..
Well the world that has Saracens play at Twickenham in the LDH and at least one other fixture this year at Wembley?
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
BeeJay
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by BeeJay »

Roly wrote:Well the world that has Saracens play at Twickenham in the LDH and at least one other fixture this year at Wembley?
There's a massive difference between relinquishing home advantage for a normal league match and a play-off semi.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Yes the games that Sarries play away from AP are pre-planned and I'm sure lots of effort goes into selling tickets to a wide audience on the cheap.

There is neither the time nor the inclination for them to do that in a semi play off!!!

It will be at AP 100%.
Soggypitch
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I think Sarries opting to play their home play off away from AP would be unlikely and the only reason might be if they thought they could sell out a bigger venue. Even then the financial gain would be hard to justify and I doubt the RFU would be the driving force behind it.

Not sure Sarries have a big enough paying fan base to fill Twickenham without giving the tickets away!
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

mol2 wrote:I think Sarries opting to play their home play off away from AP would be unlikely and the only reason might be if they thought they could sell out a bigger venue. Even then the financial gain would be hard to justify and I doubt the RFU would be the driving force behind it.

Not sure Sarries have a big enough paying fan base to fill Twickenham without giving the tickets away!
Nor do we.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

BeeJay wrote:
Roly wrote:Well the world that has Saracens play at Twickenham in the LDH and at least one other fixture this year at Wembley?
There's a massive difference between relinquishing home advantage for a normal league match and a play-off semi.
Not quite sure about that - Saracens appear to approach every single match with a ruthless determination to win, for them, anything other than a perfect season is disappointing - but they're also extremely mercenary.

They'll believe they can win wherever they play, I have no doubt that had they had the time, they would have arranged for this fixture to be played in a large stadium and done what they could to fill it.

As it is, they wont. There isn't time to organise such a fixture. Simple as that.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Let's put this line of conversation to bed. Saracens will not be moving their semi final. It's a non-discussion.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Iain wrote:Let's put this line of conversation to bed. Saracens will not be moving their semi final. It's a non-discussion.
I'll take odds of 5000/1 that they will.

That'll be the greatest shock in sporting history...
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Roly wrote:
Iain wrote:Let's put this line of conversation to bed. Saracens will not be moving their semi final. It's a non-discussion.

I suppose now that since they have said, in black and white and posted on this page of discussion, that the semi final will be at Allianz Park and that they have started selling tickets for it then yes it would be quite a shock.

It. Isn't. Happening.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Iain wrote:
Roly wrote:

I suppose now that since they have said, in black and white and posted on this page of discussion, that the semi final will be at Allianz Park and that they have started selling tickets for it then yes it would be quite a shock.

It. Isn't. Happening.
Alright.

10000/1?