Ze Stade Fan, my thoughts are with you ...

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BeeJay
Top Cat
Top Cat

Ze Stade Fan, my thoughts are with you ...

Post by BeeJay »

With just four weeks left in the regular season of the Top 14, last year's champions Stade Français are lying precariously in 12th place with only Oyonnax and Agen below them. Admittedly, there is a 10-point gap between SF and Oyonnax (11 points between SF and Agen) but this bottom three all play each other in the remaining fixtures.

SF - Oyonnax (h), Clermont (a), Agen (h) & Castres (a)
Oyonnax - Stade Français (a), Toulouse (h), Castres (h) & Agen (a)
Agen - Toulouse (a), Toulon (h), Stade Français (a) & Oyonnax (h)

SF appear to have the easier run-in with home fixtures against the other two but anything can happen. It still amazes me to think such clubs as Biarritz and Perpignan are now languishing in the Pro D2. I would hate to think of the mighty men in pink joining them.

As the title says, my thoughts are with you old chum. If I was of a religious persuasion, I would burn a £5 candle for you. :smt023
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Re: Ze Stade Fan, my thoughts are with you ...

Post by fleabane »

My closest team is Montauban. We could do with some bright colours joining us down here in the Midi Pyrenees! (Sorry ze Stade fan) :smt010
Valhalla I am coming!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Only two clubs will be relegated from the Top14, Oyonnax and Agen, although I believe it's still mathematically possible for them to avoid it.

However, Mourad Boudjedal (spelling?) the man behind Toulon would like to reduce the Top14 by two teams, and if that were the case this season, then SF would be in trouble. They should, however, pull themselves back up and not be in the same position next season.

It is not just Biarritz and Perpignan who are former big teams in Pro D2, the likes of Bayonne, Dax, Mont de Marsan, Montauban and Bourgoin are also there - and Dax could conceivably be relegated to Federale 1!
Semper in excretia
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Thank you all for your thoughts! :smt023

I think that our management are responsible for the present (and dire) situation. Everyone knew that a World Cup was coming and that reinforcement were needed. We were late at signing the aforementioned reinforcements. Namely, Paul Alo-Emile the tighthead arrived too late and it was really good fun for our opponents to turn our scrum into a carpet and their domination into yellow cards against us. :smt009

When the cavalry arrived, the Indians had already plundered and burned poor Stade Français and our morale proved to be frail. (Well, try to survive a tackle when you have arrows in the back.)

Everyone over here is convinced that we will easily survive the test against Oyonnax, but I have these nagging doubts... :smt009

Well the game is in two days now, I am buying a new pink cap for the occasion and I am preparing my voice for the battle; and, as the disco pair Baccara used to say wisely in the mid-seventies: yes, Sir I can boogie ! :smt026
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Ze Stade Fan wrote:as the disco pair Baccara used to say wisely in the mid-seventies: yes, Sir I can boogie ! :smt026
Which ages any of us who get that reference! Were they French? I had a recollection that they were Belgian, clearly their nationality was what interested me :smt002
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Stu_F wrote:
Ze Stade Fan wrote:as the disco pair Baccara used to say wisely in the mid-seventies: yes, Sir I can boogie ! :smt026
Which ages any of us who get that reference! Were they French? I had a recollection that they were Belgian, clearly their nationality was what interested me :smt002
They were Spanish, and their pronunciation of English (boogie-voogie !) is simply delightful.

Now the game is in a few hours, candle burned, prayers made, let's see what good it brings ! :smt026
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Was 69-8 worth the candle(s)?

When will you surface through the mousse?
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

TomWeston wrote:Was 69-8 worth the candle(s)?

When will you surface through the mousse?
SF supporters will be happy .... "ils ont la banane" :smt003
butbeing current champions, they won't be so happy with their season overall, finishing 3rd from bottom.
No doubt, they'll bounce back next season.
Semper in excretia