Teams Up v Worcester

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: Teams Up v Worcester

Post by strawclearer »

Spicer wrote:Good result which the most important thing. Disjointed performance.
Evans and Genge impressed me when they came on.
The real interesting match is Exceter vs Wasps. Next week we would normally put a weakened side out. But of there is a chance we can climb the table and avoid Sarries away in the semis. So would you put a strong or weak side out away at Bath?
Exeter are perfectly capable of losing both of their last 2 matches - Wasps are playing for a home semi and Quins will probably be playing for Champion's Cup inclusion. So - we may have everything to play for!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

And if the planets aline and
Wasps and Exeter Draw with no BP's.
Wasps fail to get anything V Irish (LOL)
Exeter fail to win V Quins
Tigers get a TBP V Bath

We would go into 2nd.

:smt030 :smt030 :smt035 :smt030
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

And we did it despite Garner as ref, and despite his incompetence and those of his assistants :smt018 :smt018
Give blood, play rugby!!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

wardy wrote:And we did it despite Garner as ref, and despite his incompetence and those of his assistants :smt018 :smt018
Well I simply cannot believe how all of the officials including the TMO can accept payment for their disgraceful collective attempt at officiating. Suffice to say they are incompetent at best and blind at worst :smt013
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Any pubs locally showing the Exeter v Wasps match tomorrow with its ramifications for Tigers?
Maybe not :smt002
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

sapajo wrote:
wardy wrote:And we did it despite Garner as ref, and despite his incompetence and those of his assistants :smt018 :smt018
Well I simply cannot believe how all of the officials including the TMO can accept payment for their disgraceful collective attempt at officiating. Suffice to say they are incompetent at best and blind at worst :smt013
We agree about something! So many plain awful decisions - my fave was the missed penalty for Wuss when Dan got pinged for being held down, despite lying on his back and not attempting to play the ball or obstruct. It was right in front of me and even more obvious on replay.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Gramps

Post by Gramps »

Stu_F wrote:Any pubs locally showing the Exeter v Wasps match tomorrow with its ramifications for Tigers?
Maybe not :smt002
Why is there some other sport on the telly tomorrow afternoon ??
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Comfortable win against a much improved Wuss, Barf next week will tell us what state of mind we are in, win that I fancy we can win the lot.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

tigerburnie wrote:Comfortable win against a much improved Wuss, Barf next week will tell us what state of mind we are in, win that I fancy we can win the lot.
Mauger was playing down the importance of next week, hinting that we may rest players next week
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Grinsteadtiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Grinsteadtiger »

It's Barf nuf said?
Excellent result today well done EVERYONE
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

So, despite Premiership Rugby giving us more than our fair share of duffer refs this season we have reached the semis yet again!
Now, for next season can we please have our share of the decent officials, please :smt023
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

OK, like who? Suggestions please!
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Nice little cameo by Genge today. He looks impressive and is a handful in the loose too. So glad Will Evans got a try too.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

All the subs performed well yesterday espically Genge and Evans but the one guy I want to mention is Bateman.
I think he has had a raw deal. He is a really good all round player. Strong in the tight (our scrum always improves when he is on the pitch) and good in the loose also.
OK he has not to the twinkle toes of 'Flash Harry" but he is an effective carrier and tackler. SInce his return from injury he has had little game time and I cannot remember him starting. Yesterday he certainly out shone Leo.
I would like to see him starting with Marcos and Dan and see what damage they could do. Poor Marcos seems to have to always play with weeker scrummaging hooker these days and I think it is taking its toll on him.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

mightymouse wrote:All the subs performed well yesterday espically Genge and Evans but the one guy I want to mention is Bateman.
I think he has had a raw deal. He is a really good all round player. Strong in the tight (our scrum always improves when he is on the pitch) and good in the loose also.
OK he has not to the twinkle toes of 'Flash Harry" but he is an effective carrier and tackler. SInce his return from injury he has had little game time and I cannot remember him starting. Yesterday he certainly out shone Leo.
I would like to see him starting with Marcos and Dan and see what damage they could do. Poor Marcos seems to have to always play with weeker scrummaging hooker these days and I think it is taking its toll on him.
Yep, I remarked how dynamic he was for a guy that looks like a 'traditional' front row. IMO a keeper.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.