Teams Up v Worcester

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jumbo
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:22 am

Teams Up v Worcester

Post by Jumbo » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:03 pm

Leicester Tigers (v Worcester Warriors, Welford Road, Saturday 3pm)
15 Telusa Veainu
14 Adam Thompstone
13 Peter Betham
12 Mathew Tait
11 Vereniki Goneva
10 Owen Williams
9 Sam Harrison
1 Marcos Ayerza
2 Leonardo Ghiraldini
3 Fraser Balmain
4 Dom Barrow
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Ed Slater (c)
7 Lachlan McCaffrey
8 Opeti Fonua

Replacements
16 Greg Bateman
17 Ellis Genge
18 Dan Cole
19 Tom Croft
20 Will Evans
21 Ben Youngs
22 Tommy Bell
23 Matt Smith

Iain
Super User
Super User
Posts: 8161
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:39 pm
Location: Market Harborough

Re: Wuss

Post by Iain » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:04 pm

Called it. I said Tait would be given a run at 12.

I like the look of this.

Iain
Super User
Super User
Posts: 8161
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:39 pm
Location: Market Harborough

Re: Wuss

Post by Iain » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:05 pm

Youngs being dropped... a little controversial. He was poor against Racing but I'd have kept him in to build momentum for the semi finals. He is a match winner and he won't be that poor again.

Iain
Super User
Super User
Posts: 8161
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:39 pm
Location: Market Harborough

Re: Wuss

Post by Iain » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:06 pm

Oh and a lack of Thacker. Injured...?

Brianf
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:52 am

Re: Wuss

Post by Brianf » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:06 pm

Here is the Worcester Warriors line up, courtesy of their website:

Warriors
15 Chris Pennell
14 Bryce Heem
13 Andy Symons
12 Ryan Mills
11 Cooper Vuna
10 Tom Heathcote
9 Francois Hougaard
1 Val Rapava Ruskin
2 Niall Annett
3 Nick Schonert
4 Tevita Cavubati
5 Darren Barry
6 Phil Dowson
7 Carl Kirwan
8 GJ van Velze (C)

Replacements
16 Jaba Bregvadze
17 Na'ama Leleimalefaga
18 James Johnston
19 Donncha O'Callaghan
20 Sam Betty
21 Luke Baldwin
22 Ryan Lamb
23 Dean Hammond

MJB
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:12 am
Location: Leicester

Re: Wuss

Post by MJB » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:34 pm

"Sir" for the day is Greg Garner. :smt009

Iain
Super User
Super User
Posts: 8161
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:39 pm
Location: Market Harborough

Re: Wuss

Post by Iain » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:34 pm

MJB wrote:"Sir" for the day is Greg Garner. :smt009
Shouldn't matter.

darganj
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 350
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:59 pm

Re: Wuss

Post by darganj » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:35 pm

I just don't understand that selection.

Picked a really light and fast backline but then picked the most ponderous back row possible?

Slightly concerned about this game, will be tight.

No Manu, Burns, Ben Youngs, Fitz and Cole changes the team dramatically.

jgriffin
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7271
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:49 pm
Location: On the edge of oblivion

Re: Wuss

Post by jgriffin » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:39 pm

darganj wrote:I just don't understand that selection.

Picked a really light and fast backline but then picked the most ponderous back row possible?

Slightly concerned about this game, will be tight.

No Manu, Burns, Ben Youngs, Fitz and Cole changes the team dramatically.
Anything else to moan about?
Squad rotation and keeping class players to either push home an advantage as the game breaks up or not - in the case of Dan - to give them a rest. expect to see Smithy on later to get the rust cleared. Will Evans will come on if we're not shading the breakdowns - indeed surprised he's not starting.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.

MJB
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:12 am
Location: Leicester

Re: Wuss

Post by MJB » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:41 pm

Iain wrote:
MJB wrote:"Sir" for the day is Greg Garner. :smt009
Shouldn't matter.
Agreed, but we always seem to get on the wrong side of this ref and concede too many penalties.

Iain
Super User
Super User
Posts: 8161
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:39 pm
Location: Market Harborough

Re: Wuss

Post by Iain » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:41 pm

I'm surprised we've made as many changes in the pack as we have, I'll be honest. Some forced, some less so.

I'm sure it will all make sense. I suppose some of this is building up match fitness for a big run in.

darganj
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 350
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:59 pm

Re: Wuss

Post by darganj » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:44 pm

jgriffin wrote:
darganj wrote:I just don't understand that selection.

Picked a really light and fast backline but then picked the most ponderous back row possible?

Slightly concerned about this game, will be tight.

No Manu, Burns, Ben Youngs, Fitz and Cole changes the team dramatically.
Anything else to moan about?
Squad rotation and keeping class players to either push home an advantage as the game breaks up or not - in the case of Dan - to give them a rest. expect to see Smithy on later to get the rust cleared. Will Evans will come on if we're not shading the breakdowns - indeed surprised he's not starting.
Read what I say.

I would have picked a quicker backrow to complement that backline.

Croft, Evans, McCafferey.

Don't think that selection compliments the backline. Agreed re Cole having a rest

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 8713
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Wuss

Post by RagingBull » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:46 pm

Iain wrote:Oh and a lack of Thacker. Injured...?
Tigers twitter says rest after a big run of games.

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 8713
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Wuss

Post by RagingBull » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:47 pm

darganj wrote:
jgriffin wrote:
darganj wrote:I just don't understand that selection.

Picked a really light and fast backline but then picked the most ponderous back row possible?

Slightly concerned about this game, will be tight.

No Manu, Burns, Ben Youngs, Fitz and Cole changes the team dramatically.
Anything else to moan about?
Squad rotation and keeping class players to either push home an advantage as the game breaks up or not - in the case of Dan - to give them a rest. expect to see Smithy on later to get the rust cleared. Will Evans will come on if we're not shading the breakdowns - indeed surprised he's not starting.
Read what I say.

I would have picked a quicker backrow to complement that backline.

Croft, Evans, McCafferey.

Don't think that selection compliments the backline. Agreed re Cole having a rest
Guessing the width of the pitch will mean it isn't as big an issue.

Iain
Super User
Super User
Posts: 8161
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:39 pm
Location: Market Harborough

Re: Wuss

Post by Iain » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:21 pm

RagingBull wrote:
Iain wrote:Oh and a lack of Thacker. Injured...?
Tigers twitter says rest after a big run of games.
Makes sense.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], JP14, ourla, RunTigerRun and 2 guests