2016 - 2017 kit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: 2016 - 2017 kit

Post by kpj tiger »

Who actually makes the final decision regarding which of the designs Kooga comes to us with goes ahead to be the one that is used, because obviously whoever makes that decision doesn't see it the same way as the majority of the fans.

As others have said im all for the crazy designs for the away kit but lets keep the home kit relatively traditional
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Iain wrote:In previous years we've worn the new kit in the last couple of games but it seems that convention ended a couple of years ago.
That appears to have been a marketing strategy attempted during the first two seasons with Canterbury (and technically the last with Cotton Traders, as the first Canterbury kit was worn for the play offs of CT's last season). I take it it didn't work, hence the delay until the August open day for the last Canterbury kit!
The last Canterbury kit was launched on the open day to fans queueing up to meet the players kitted up in the dressing room (thought that was a brilliant way of launching it!) while this season's monstrosity was launched in July I think.
If you didn't want to queue there was a life size cardboard cut out of Tom Croft by the old shop! As for recent years, the best kit (post Cotton Traders) has to be the Marcos Ayerza testimonial shirt that was produced.

As for Kooga, this year's shirts were a little imaginative. The non-elastic collars of the replica shirts are a pain for those with with larger heads though - a problem exacerbated with children in the XSB/SB sizes, where their heads are proportionately larger - they can be painful to the little ones to take off and put on. Not that anyone will take that feedback away...
Markr920

Post by Markr920 »

New home kit coming our way in August.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

ads wrote:I just don't understand why they don't go back to a more traditional design. The fans are the people who buy shirts and they are clearly not buying the new fancy designs. So go back to a traditional design and see if that sells. Not keep trying different versions of things that people aren't buying!!

I've said it before, play with away shirts but keep the home shirt traditional!
Thing is, they are selling. Whatever the kit, there are many that feel obliged to have the latest kit. Hence doing a new one each year.

I'm not one of them. If I like it, I may buy it at the end of the season when they are heavily discounted.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Anyone heard who is replacing Caterpillar on the strip yet?
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Iain wrote:
ads wrote:I just don't understand why they don't go back to a more traditional design. The fans are the people who buy shirts and they are clearly not buying the new fancy designs. So go back to a traditional design and see if that sells. Not keep trying different versions of things that people aren't buying!!

Thing is, they are selling. Whatever the kit, there are many that feel obliged to have the latest kit. Hence doing a new one each year.

I'm not one of them. If I like it, I may buy it at the end of the season when they are heavily discounted.
I always think there's something comical about middle aged men and women with beer bellies and sagging lals wearing the club's shirt in an effort to somehow emulate their heroes.... It isn't just rugby of course....its just.....odd.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Roly wrote:
Iain wrote:

I always think there's something comical about middle aged men and women with beer bellies and sagging lals wearing the club's shirt in an effort to somehow emulate their heroes.... It isn't just rugby of course....its just.....odd.
Damn...did I leave my cam on??? :smt017
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

They might be selling, but this seasons kits have been on sale for about 90% of the season. If they were selling well they wouldn't be on sale.

I might buy the black an green one as it's pretty cheap now but i wouldn't have paid full price for either strip this year, and I bought and orange one!! :smt023

I would pay full price for this though, http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/812 ... yNR0_krKHs
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

I always think there's something comical about middle aged men and women with beer bellies and sagging lals wearing the club's shirt in an effort to somehow emulate their heroes.... It isn't just rugby of course....its just.....odd.[/quote]

I don't think I do it to emulate them, rather I do it to increase my sense of belonging to the Tigers tribe as it were. I'm a classic shirt sort of a person, which kinda looks okay on me. I wouldn't look good in a proper match day shirt, which really would not be at all attractive on my great sagging frame. Each to his own.

Like so many others I long for the stripes of yesteryear, and wear my shirts from the 11/12 season with great pride.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

L Smith wrote:Anyone heard who is replacing Caterpillar on the strip yet?
When the "Roar"advert began, I was thinking Jaguar. It wouldn't be a mile off seeing as their sister company sponsors the other big East Midlands rugby team, and is a brand of appropriate "stature".

No idea though really! :smt003
insearchofheros

Post by insearchofheros »

samsapples wrote:
insearchofheros wrote:
Cant agree more, I was going on about this last season, but from what I am told again by a very good source, we are going to be annoyed yet again as the new design is not back to the traditional shirt although its more basic. Take out of that what you will!
Care to spill anymore than that?
Just that a someone who is pretty close to welford road, told me last year that the strip was mainly white with green panelling, has told me that the new kit is more basic, with that I think he means less of the fine detail on the shirt and more of a block design.
Seeing that shirts are all about sales nowadays, why o why don't the powers at be listen to the people that buy the shirts, the fans, and deliver a "classic" Tigers kit? Because if they did I would imagine that it would outsell anything we have had for the past 6 or7 years!
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

insearchofheros wrote:
Just that a someone who is pretty close to welford road, told me last year that the strip was mainly white with green panelling, has told me that the new kit is more basic, with that I think he means less of the fine detail on the shirt and more of a block design.
Seeing that shirts are all about sales nowadays, why o why don't the powers at be listen to the people that buy the shirts, the fans, and deliver a "classic" Tigers kit? Because if they did I would imagine that it would outsell anything we have had for the past 6 or7 years!
They have, kind of, but it's "Superdry"

http://store.leicestertigers.com/stores ... top/175246
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Coops wrote:
insearchofheros wrote:

And super costly.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
Coops wrote:
insearchofheros wrote:

And super costly.
And you have to wear something that says Superdry. It's never appealed to me. Also for that money I'd not expect a printed design as they seem to be.
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Jaguar would be good but TATA is a no no!