Next weekend

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

G.K
Super User
Super User

Re: Next weekend

Post by G.K »

Iain wrote: 12 is a minor headache as we are missing De Villiers, Bai, Tuilagi, Williams, Smith, Roberts (I'm sure I've missed a 12 option somewhere). What I would be tempted to do actually is put Tait to 12 (we tried him there pre-season and he looked good) and Veainu to 15. I'm not sure I know what the alternative is.
Was Manu injured then I didn't see him injured yesterday?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

G.K wrote:
Iain wrote: 12 is a minor headache as we are missing De Villiers, Bai, Tuilagi, Williams, Smith, Roberts (I'm sure I've missed a 12 option somewhere). What I would be tempted to do actually is put Tait to 12 (we tried him there pre-season and he looked good) and Veainu to 15. I'm not sure I know what the alternative is.
He left the ground in a leg brace. He's sustained a knee injury that we're waiting to see how bad it is.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

G.K wrote:
Daily Mail reports "England centre Manu Tuilagi faces medical assessments on Monday to determine the extent of a knee injury that could rule him out of Leicester’s play-off push.
Despite playing all 80 minutes of the defeat by Racing 92, the 24-year-old left the City Ground with his left leg in a brace after the joint seized up after the final whistle.
Tuilagi told Sportsmail that ‘someone fell on it’, with early diagnoses suggesting a medial ligament strain that could rule him out of Saturday’s game against Worcester."
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Although we must not underestimate Worcester Even if they're not injured I would rest Tait, Tuilagi, Youngs, Burns and Cole for the final two matches and my team would be:

15. Veianu, 14.Thompstone, 13.Betham 12 Matt Smith,11. Goneva.
10, Williams, 9 Kitto, 8. McCaffrey. 7. Fitzgerald, 6, Croft 5,Kitchener. 4. Barrow. 3. Mulli 2 Bateman 1.Ayerza.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Noddy555 wrote:Although we must not underestimate Worcester Even if they're not injured I would rest Tait, Tuilagi, Youngs, Burns and Cole for the final two matches and my team would be:

15. Veianu, 14.Thompstone, 13.Betham 12 Matt Smith,11. Goneva.
10, Williams, 9 Kitto, 8. McCaffrey. 7. Fitzgerald, 6, Croft 5,Kitchener. 4. Barrow. 3. Mulli 2 Bateman 1.Ayerza.
Yes but - let's make sure the next 2 matches aren't the final 2 matches!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Used properly, Fonua is excellent. His sheer bulk and power can cause chaos
I'd prefer Fellani. Anyone know Fonua's stats yesterday in terms of carries and yards gained? Big lump does not equal excellence. A very average player IMHO...
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Full strength every week now.
TopGun1972

Post by TopGun1972 »

On what grounds do you say he isn't upto it?

Robespierre wrote:Why persist with Fonua, when he clearly isn't up to it?

OK, so Lawrence Pearce is leaving the club, but he's a damn sight better 8 than Fonua. Or McCaffrey, of course.
TopGun1972

Post by TopGun1972 »

MrPartridge wrote:
Used properly, Fonua is excellent. His sheer bulk and power can cause chaos
I'd prefer Fellani. Anyone know Fonua's stats yesterday in terms of carries and yards gained? Big lump does not equal excellence. A very average player IMHO...

Has he rally been given a long run in the side to prove himself? Let's face it Jordan Crane well past his sell by date but we continued with him far too long
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Yes, sure he's big but apart from that :smt017
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

It's too early to judge Fonua IMO.
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

Fonua its way too early to make any judgement on him he's only just come back from injury has lost a load of weight & is getting his fitness levels up, So considering all that don't say he's this or that as he is not the finished article.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Considering Fonua is approximately the same weight as Vunipola, the former has all the acceleration of a Council Waste Lorry whilst the latter has the dynamic acceleration of a sports car. Why ??

Admittedly YBY was so slow Fonua was on the back foot most of the time, but he needs heavy weights attached to him and get Margo Wells to do sprint training with him. For all the off season.

As a Nutritionist , also maybe his diet needs looking at ?
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

fortysix wrote:
As a Nutritionist , also maybe his diet needs looking at ?
I think Cockers might be a bit ahead of you on that...
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Sorry Ourla mate Fonua has turned out to be an expensive mistake, he drops the ball and knocks on far too frequently for a supposed world class No.8. He would probably do better at a championship club for a couple of seasons until he rebuilds his confidence, no way do I class him as a premiership player.