Unpatriotic..............

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Unpatriotic..............

Post by tigercaspian »

Doctor, Doctor, please help me......I've been overcome by this feeling that I want a French side to win the European Final . Is there any cure??
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Unpatriotic..............

Post by sapajo »

tigercaspian wrote:Doctor, Doctor, please help me......I've been overcome by this feeling that I want a French side to win the European Final . Is there any cure??
Yes you need to stand up for the Saracens :smt003
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

sapajo wrote:
tigercaspian wrote:Doctor, Doctor, please help me......I've been overcome by this feeling that I want a French side to win the European Final . Is there any cure??
Yes you need to stand up for the Saracens :smt003
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
Straining upon the start. The game's afoot;
Follow your spirit: and upon this charge,
Cry — God for Cashton! England and Saint George!

:smt010
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
doublecarpet

Post by doublecarpet »

Give me The French over the salary cap breaching, suffocating rugby playing South African Barnet boys every time.
Jose
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jose »

That'll be the French side whose squad costs twice as much as Saracens' does. And Saracens started with 10 English players in semi vs our 8. Would probably prefer Racing to win too, but not attributing my prejudices to largely imaginary or irrelevant factors!
Joe The Tigers Fan
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Thank you Jose. I feel better now............

I'll go and watch some cricket that day instead!
doublecarpet

Post by doublecarpet »

Jose wrote:That'll be the French side whose squad costs twice as much as Saracens' does. And Saracens started with 10 English players in semi vs our 8. Would probably prefer Racing to win too, but not attributing my prejudices to largely imaginary or irrelevant factors!
Nothing to do with how much a squad costs, it's about playing within inside your associations rules. Saracens blatantly didn't, therefore have gained an unfair competitive advantage to build their squad. So, as is my right, I'll build my opinion around that, particularly considering I will be attending the game rather than watching on TV from your high horse.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Jose wrote:That'll be the French side whose squad costs twice as much as Saracens' does.
So how come you know how much the Saracens squad costs?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I hope for a good game of rugby and that the best team wins. I don't mind which. This is the case in pretty much every game I watch as a neutral.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

doublecarpet wrote:
Jose wrote:That'll be the French side whose squad costs twice as much as Saracens' does. And Saracens started with 10 English players in semi vs our 8. Would probably prefer Racing to win too, but not attributing my prejudices to largely imaginary or irrelevant factors!
Nothing to do with how much a squad costs, it's about playing within inside your associations rules. Saracens blatantly didn't, therefore have gained an unfair competitive advantage to build their squad. So, as is my right, I'll build my opinion around that, particularly considering I will be attending the game rather than watching on TV from your high horse.
So which other sides 'blatantly didn't', I seem to remember they weren't the only team that the accusation was made against. One of them was Bath, not exactly flying high are they...

The fact that only a small number of teams were in favour of pursuing an investigation into alleged salary cap breaches, speaks volumes for the amount that were potentially at fault.

Watching the match live doesn't automatically give you moral leverage over somebody who watches it on TV.

Saracens may have heavy financial backing from SA but the old chestnut about Saracens being a team full of South Africans (which to be fair we've all had a bit of fun with in the past) is now just not true. Saracens contribute a significant number of players to England now.

At least Saracens' South African players actually turn out for their club, unlike some South African players at other clubs I could mention.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Really - I doubt anyone knows what either side's salary bill is.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

I won't be supporting either side in the final.
One is a salary cap cheating product of South African money, running at a huge loss,
the other, a collection of the worlds best bought at "no exspense spared" fees.
(You don't get the services of the world's best player for less than a million
a season.)

Until there is a truly level playing field there will always be injustices like this.
A life long Tiger
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

For me i'm supporting Racing

I'm just a huge Rokocoko fan.
Last edited by RagingBull on Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

However much I loathe Sarries, if they play to their best then Racing will be nowhere especially if my memory is correct that Sarries are lacking European Silverware from their trophy cabinet.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Backing Sarries to win it cos its the channel thing init.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat