Ticket prices

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Latecomer

Re: Ticket prices

Post by Latecomer »

In fairness to the RFU Premiership Final tickets usually go on sale in September, earlier if you've bought from them before, and from memory they start at £25 for adults and £12-50 for kids. I don't think that's unreasonable for a final at Twickers. Obviously you've no guarantee Tigers will get there, but it's usually a great day and many fans book and go no matter which teams get there.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Latecomer wrote:In fairness to the RFU Premiership Final tickets usually go on sale in September, earlier if you've bought from them before, and from memory they start at £25 for adults and £12-50 for kids. I don't think that's unreasonable for a final at Twickers. Obviously you've no guarantee Tigers will get there, but it's usually a great day and many fans book and go no matter which teams get there.
Not so long ago they could be had for a tenner for adults - now that was a bargain. And you're right - it was always a great day and fun with supporters, ours, theirs and neutrals alike.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I don't want to do LFC down but NFFC is the best place to buy tickets as you can see exactly what seats are available and select the ones you want.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

The guy in the ticket office told me that we would sell about 16000 tickets. He had no idea how many the French would bring but said that Forest had had a very slow start to ticket sales but reported steady sales starting from earlier this week. I would say therefore 20 odd thousand is a good estimate... which is a bit sad for a Euro semi really. Back in the day we would have filled it... and indeed did against Scott Quinells Llanelli team. However I suppose those Welsh fellas came in numbers then.

Dare I say that that recent extraordinary antics of of our noisy neighbors in blue may be having a negative effect on our ticket sales?
doublecarpet

Post by doublecarpet »

mightymouse wrote:The guy in the ticket office told me that we would sell about 16000 tickets. He had no idea how many the French would bring but said that Forest had had a very slow start to ticket sales but reported steady sales starting from earlier this week. I would say therefore 20 odd thousand is a good estimate... which is a bit sad for a Euro semi really. Back in the day we would have filled it... and indeed did against Scott Quinells Llanelli team. However I suppose those Welsh fellas came in numbers then.

Dare I say that that recent extraordinary antics of of our noisy neighbors in blue may be having a negative effect on our ticket sales?
According to The Times today, about 20k for ours and 17k for the other game between Coventry and Barnet. Pretty poor all round, but i guess it's just further fallout from the World Cup and a saturation point has been hit by many.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

It was more full than I gave it credit for in 2002.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2002/a ... ncup200102
Leicester: Stimpson; Murphy, Smith, Kafer, Tuilagi (Lloyd, 71); Healey, Ellis (Hamilton, 64); Rowntree, West, Garforth, Johnson (capt), Kay, Moody, Back, Corry.

Try: Ellis. Con: Stimpson. Pens: Stimpson 2.

Llanelli: Evans (Proctor, 71); M Jones, N Boobyer, L Davies, Finau; S Jones, G Easterby; Madden, McBryde, J Davies, Cooper, Wyatt (Gross, 72), Hodges, S Easterby (I Boobyer, 72), Quinnell (capt).

Pens: S Jones 4.

Referee: D McHugh (Ireland).

Attendance: 29,849
We won't get near that this time.