Ticket prices

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Ticket prices

Post by tigercaspian »

Ourla has a point........if Twickenham sells out, then the seller will feel they've got their pricing right.
Same at Franklins Gardens - if the place was a sell out or near to it, Saints management will feel they've got it right.
I'd be surprised if there are more than 20,000 for the semi this weekend but I don't think that's because of ticket prices: that's because about 15,000 of us will go, ZSF only thinks about 200 Racing fans will trouble themselves, and if there's another 5000 general interest I'd be surprised. In which case, the ticket-seller is probably thinking 'I'll get what I can.....'
I've coughed up £130 for me and the son & heir to attend so I expect end-to-end entertainment for this with Tigers winning by 20 points and Carter missing all his kicks!
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Bought 5# £45 tickets for this weekend on the Tigers website and I am sure at that point the site was saying that £45 tickets were located in the side stands at the ends (22m to try line) where I prefer to sit. When the tickets came I found we are sitting behind the sticks!

I visited the NF web site a couple of hours after I had bought the tickets from Tigers only to find that if I had bought the tickets directly from NF I could have selected the seats on line with £45 tickets where I wanted to sit.

The moral of the story; if you want to get what you pay for, don't buy on line from the tigers ticket office :smt009
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Take them in to the ticket office Noggs and see what they can do...

If you don't ask you don't get :smt023
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

champanzie wrote:The semi-final this weekend is not going to be anywhere near a sell out.
I brought tickets at £35 but i still thought that was quite steap. Would never think of paying £60 for a ticket.

The same goes for international matches. Just look at the World cup matches, the cheapest england ticket you could get was £75 which is crazy money
This is incorrect, cheaspest England ticket was £50 for the game in Manchester. £75 was the cheapest at Twichenham
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Noggs wrote:Bought 5# £45 tickets for this weekend on the Tigers website and I am sure at that point the site was saying that £45 tickets were located in the side stands at the ends (22m to try line) where I prefer to sit. When the tickets came I found we are sitting behind the sticks!

I visited the NF web site a couple of hours after I had bought the tickets from Tigers only to find that if I had bought the tickets directly from NF I could have selected the seats on line with £45 tickets where I wanted to sit.

The moral of the story; if you want to get what you pay for, don't buy on line from the tigers ticket office :smt009
Yes - I selected the seats I wanted by registering on the NF site first - although these were outside the seats reserved for allocation. Lesson learned for next year!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
champanzie
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by champanzie »

watsonjm wrote:
champanzie wrote:The semi-final this weekend is not going to be anywhere near a sell out.
I brought tickets at £35 but i still thought that was quite steap. Would never think of paying £60 for a ticket.

The same goes for international matches. Just look at the World cup matches, the cheapest england ticket you could get was £75 which is crazy money
This is incorrect, cheaspest England ticket was £50 for the game in Manchester. £75 was the cheapest at Twichenham
Still would you want to pay £50 to watch Uruguay?
Come on you tigers!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

BeeJay wrote:
champanzie wrote: I brought (sic) tickets at £35 but i still thought that was quite steap.
Steap? Is that somewhere between cheap and steep? :smt002
Sounds deer to me :smt002
Semper in excretia
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

champanzie wrote:
watsonjm wrote:

Yep and I did. Was a great day out, just a shame the match was a dead rubber.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

champanzie wrote:
watsonjm wrote:

No, but apparently over 50,000 people did at a 55,000(?) capacity ground.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
PAW

Post by PAW »

watsonjm wrote:
Iain wrote:£35 for a semi final I'm just about okay with. £60 is rather steep.

Twickenham is hideously overpriced.

Saints are now taking the mickey.

Tigers may be pushing their luck too much with a bigger stadium.
This sums it up very nicely.

+1

Anybody know what a category 5 ticket is? My guess is that you will need binoculars to see the game
BillCarr85

Post by BillCarr85 »

I bought prem final tickets from the rfu website rather than ticketmaster just before xmas. In M44 (I think) and much cheaper than other websites a few weeks later for the same section.

I echo the points made regarding regular club games. Sale, in particular, I think are 'pushing their luck' too.
PAW

Post by PAW »

Noggs wrote:Bought 5# £45 tickets for this weekend on the Tigers website and I am sure at that point the site was saying that £45 tickets were located in the side stands at the ends (22m to try line) where I prefer to sit. When the tickets came I found we are sitting behind the sticks!

Same experience. I would have expected Trent End lower to be the lowest price tickets.
I don't necessarily blame Tigers. EPRC have made many mistakes on this one (Sunday is rubbish for the French fans and at the same time as City game) so I am happy to blame them :smt003
BillCarr85

Post by BillCarr85 »

I did debate going this weekend but a combo of

a) train fare from manchester to notts
b) ticket prices
c) match being on tv

pretty much made my decision for me.

a) and c) are obviously not the fault of the club, but I'd be interested to know exactly who set the ticket prices. EPRC?
champanzie
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by champanzie »

BillCarr85 wrote:I did debate going this weekend but a combo of

a) train fare from manchester to notts
b) ticket prices
c) match being on tv

pretty much made my decision for me.

a) and c) are obviously not the fault of the club, but I'd be interested to know exactly who set the ticket prices. EPRC?
I would guess EPRC set the ticket prices as the Saracens v Wasps game are going for the same price.
Come on you tigers!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I'm sure I spotted on the Website that the cheapest ticket was £40 and the other tickets ranged from £50 to £200 in a box. So I don't know which website you looked at but if what you say is true then the cheapest ticket or the price I paid in 2013 was £35 and if this has now risen to £52 a 50% rise then that is indeed scandalous, but typical of the greedy stuffed shirts who run the RFU where fans come last on their list of priorities.