Who slacking then?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Gramps

Re: Who slacking then?

Post by Gramps »

bc wrote:I am surprised that there has been no real speculation on the identity of the those not playing well. IMHO the focus is probably on the Bath contingent - Ford, Josephs and Watson plus Hartley and, wait for it, B Youngs.
For an England international and British Lion I would have hoped that Youngs would be coming to the for at this stage of the season. He has been dreadful since coming back, Sale & Glos he was a liability, Stade only marginally better and against Saints, the opposition new boy looked the more experienced.
He really needs a good kick up the proverbial. Based on last4 games I would start with Kitto and have Harrison on the bench!
Whilst admitting Ben is not at his best at the moment, I also feel he is being let down by the players around him. Couple of times against Saints he went on lateral runs, but not one player cut the line to try and break the defence. With him the opposition are unsure if he will be passing, running, or kicking, with Harrison, much as he gets the ball away quickly,that is all he does
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

I would guess you are looking towards Bath and probably Saints. Ford and Joseph from Bath and maybe Lawes and Wood at Saints?

There is no way YBY is on that list. They are talking about which players might not go on tour - there are no 9's who are really pushing YBY and DC too hard at the moment. Certainly none that you would throw into the mix on an away tour like this. More likely to come from a place where we have a few more options. Dropping Lawes or Woods would't hurt the squad too badly and would send a strong message.

You have to think Freddie stands a chance. He is playing far better than Ford.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I very much doubt there are any players he has in mind at all. Everyone will worry it's them, everyone raises their game. Clever!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Iain wrote:I very much doubt there are any players he has in mind at all. Everyone will worry it's them, everyone raises their game. Clever!
I'm sure I heard him say that the relevant players knew who they were. However that does not stop it from being a bluff.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

bc wrote:I am surprised that there has been no real speculation on the identity of the those not playing well. IMHO the focus is probably on the Bath contingent - Ford, Josephs and Watson plus Hartley and, wait for it, B Youngs.
For an England international and British Lion I would have hoped that Youngs would be coming to the for at this stage of the season. He has been dreadful since coming back, Sale & Glos he was a liability, Stade only marginally better and against Saints, the opposition new boy looked the more experienced.
He really needs a good kick up the proverbial. Based on last4 games I would start with Kitto and have Harrison on the bench!
Beauty is obviously in the eye of the beholder. Ben was picked in The Times team the week this week. Must be doing something right as far as some people are concerned.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

It could be anyone, after all who expected OTY to be dropped!
Cheery chappy
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

I'm certain that Ford needs a rest - as are the majority of posters on the Barf Forum - and, if Freddie plays as he has been doing in the Premiership and European Finals (see what I did there?), I think he should be busy this summer!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

My comment about Hartley wasn't exactly serious!
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
Beauty is obviously in the eye of the beholder. Ben was picked in The Times team the week this week. Must be doing something right as far as some people are concerned.
We had FIVE in that 15.

Neither Fatty Barnes nor Stephen Jones could have had a hand in that!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Noddy555 wrote:Tiger cam I suggest you write some music for that poem and it can then become the official club anthem.
That does it. Noddy definitely is a wind up character. Nobody is truly this daft surely?
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Iain wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:Tiger cam I suggest you write some music for that poem and it can then become the official club anthem.
That does it. Noddy definitely is a wind up character. Nobody is truly this daft surely?
Gazza? :smt003