Who slacking then?

Post by TigerCam »

Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: Who slacking then?

Post by strawclearer »

Well - clearly OTY has contributed almost nothing recently proving that EJ was entirely right to drop him!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Eddie Jones didn't actually say they are slacking - just playing poorly! Personally I quite like his approach and I'd like to assume that he's had a word with those who he thinks aren't performing.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

I suspect Watson, B Youngs and maybe a couple of the Sarries lads not playing to their high standards?
Jacko27

Post by Jacko27 »

I agree with DickyP, I like EJ's modus operandi.

He's very good at nipping any complacency in the bud (cf England post 2003)and it's a smart way of dealing with players that he's not seeing on a daily basis but reminding them :smt023 that they are being watched and assessed. I don't suppose that the "20%" are entirely sure who they are and any way Eddy's comments are just as much intended for the "80%" who feel that their efforts for their clubs are being recognised and valued by the big boss. Carrot & stick. Smart psychology!
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Jacko27 wrote:?..Smart psychology!
I sat across and behind him on the train up from London for the SF QF. He was reading a book on sport psychology by, from the bit of the cover I could see, a US football coach.

(I know it was a different era but I doubt that he is taller than Harry Thacker, and he sure as hell was unlikely to have been as quick about the field! :smt001 )
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Owen Farrell but he is always a let down. :smt023 :smt002
Gramps

Post by Gramps »

Don't think you have look much further than the boys from down Bath way
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Tiger cam I suggest you write some music for that poem and it can then become the official club anthem.
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

Noddy555 wrote:Tiger cam I suggest you write some music for that poem and it can then become the official club anthem.
I really hope your tongue was firmly in your cheek when you posted this comment. I think the music to these lyrics is already well known.

BTW - not in the England mix currently, but according to The Sunday Telegraph today, EJ has told Ashton to behave more sportsmanlike. Apparently he did not like his involvement in the Anthony Watson card which caused the subsequent ban. He has a point. Ashton clearly caused the incident by deliberately running a blocking line on Watson. No wonder Watson felt aggrieved at being carded whilst Ashton pulled his usual "what me guv?" little boy lost face and got away scot free.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Hartley has done nothing since 6 Nations :-)
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I have said all along that EJ would hold all the cards with a 6N win, and he has gone nap with the Slam. Already clear he wants the overseas player rubbish dropped for Ben T'eo and Underhill (who he needs to cap pdq), and I think we will see a fair old churn of players in the next year or so. Reckon Slade, Manu and Daly for 10/12/13 and BOC at 7, and I think we may see some very surprising large squad calls including Hill, Beaumont, Mallinder, Burns, Barrow, and in my dreams, just for the hell of it, Harry. 9 is interesting as there are so many 'almost' contenders.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Gramps

Post by Gramps »

Jgriffin wouldn't surprise me at all to see Harry go on the Saxons tour to South Africa
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Jones has already suggested that ALL front rows should do the basics very well and that includes scrummaging.
Gloucester have an English qualified prop on the way from New Zealand next season, wouldn't surprise me to see some different props included.
Cheery chappy
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

I am surprised that there has been no real speculation on the identity of the those not playing well. IMHO the focus is probably on the Bath contingent - Ford, Josephs and Watson plus Hartley and, wait for it, B Youngs.
For an England international and British Lion I would have hoped that Youngs would be coming to the for at this stage of the season. He has been dreadful since coming back, Sale & Glos he was a liability, Stade only marginally better and against Saints, the opposition new boy looked the more experienced.
He really needs a good kick up the proverbial. Based on last4 games I would start with Kitto and have Harrison on the bench!