Re: Tigers' Attendances

Post by ellis9 »

I think ERC set the prices
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Stewards were telling me at the game that their briefing was to expect 17 and a half thousand which I thought absurdly low.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

I wonder if there was a wide spread admin error. When I arrived, there were people in my two seats who had bona fide paper tickets for my seats.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
doublecarpet

Post by doublecarpet »

I went to both games at the weekend, the crowd at the Ricoh was about right. It holds something like 31k...both East and West stands were as good as full, North about 3/4's...
...however, there was certainly more than 20k at our game. Bar The Saints game, that looked our biggest crowd this season to me.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

There seems to be more and more youngsters on the pitch at half time, bands, big boot etc etc, do all of these pay for tickets and get counted in as tickets sold? That could explain maybe 1000 or so!
It was noticeable that the new stand was packed but there were quite a few at the other end stand vacant, have folks migrated?
GwrxTiger
Tiger Cub

Post by GwrxTiger »

I couldn't go to the match due to my son playing in an Under 12s festival which went on until 1400, one of several times this season I have had the same predicament, all the Sunday fixtures especially the early ones will make life difficult for parents wishing to support the next generation of players. There were several festivals around the county and I bet that contributed to the less than capacity crowd and some of why the tickets sold is often less than attendance. Yes I understand why there's Sunday fixtures but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

I would also like to know how we access support numbers.
I relate to one game in particular.
SALE at home I booked well in advance and the only two seats available in my preferred section MetRX I booked.
On Match day my complete row was void of bodies.
Do we allow corporate/block booking of seats?

Therefore do we equate tickets sold with Bodies through the turn styles.

I also understood tickets for Stade were sold out until late advertising showed tickets still available.
I appears that some tickets must have been returned for this to happen.
Or Stade allocation was not taken up.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

It is difficult to compare the Glaws attendance with the Stade. I wasn't at the Glaws game but that would be based on season tickets and tickets sold and we all know we have a lot of season ticket holders who can't attend the games on certain days but are counted in the attendance figures - I am one for that game - whereas the Stade game was closer to the actual attendance as it was a ticket only sale. Having said all that it did look closer to the stadium sell-out number than they are saying
Hehehehehehehehe
insearchofheros

Post by insearchofheros »

dunks43 wrote:The attendance figure may seem low but SF Would have bought less than 500 fans with them so hardly surprising.

The look of an empty or full stadium is down to the colour.... Green seats against green clothing, empty seats are hard to spot, wasps shirts against sky blue seats, and every seat would have been noticable
A friend of mine is a journo and he was told on Friday morning by the club that they were only expecting 17-18k !!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

You have to remember that Sunday coincided with the last day of the Easter holidays for most children and it was entirely probable that many season ticket holders and their families were travelling back home on that date, there are also those who have season tickets who may be thought that the ECQ16 game should have been included in their season ticket package and begrudged paying extra. For me this latter category are not true tigers fans.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Jacko27 wrote:I started this post because I was astonished by both the attendances claimed for the Wasps and the Tigers matches. First of all a confession - I wasn't there. As a lifelong Tigers supporter - Loughborough born but London based I couldn't make it and so watched both games on BT Sport. The Ricoh on Saturday seemed to have great swathes of empty seats and one end looked deserted and yet they claimed a 23+ thousand attendance. At WR on the Sunday all the spots that can be bare when the ground isn't full ie the corners of Met-Rx, the bit behind the posts in the Goldsmiths and the ends of the new stand, all of those looked pretty full to me watching on TV. I thought we might be claiming a full house and was gobsmacked when they said it was only 20 thousand. It would be interesting to hear from a Club insider.
The Ricoh Arena has a 32 000 capacity for rugby, so its hardly suprising that one end of the ground looked empty with a 23 000 crowd. I thought it was the busiest I'd seen the ricoh for a wasps game actually. I also thought Welford Rd looked almost full to capacity and we were told via the TV that there were in excess of 24 000 there.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Roly wrote:
Jacko27 wrote:I started this post because I was astonished by both the attendances claimed for the Wasps and the Tigers matches. First of all a confession - I wasn't there. As a lifelong Tigers supporter - Loughborough born but London based I couldn't make it and so watched both games on BT Sport. The Ricoh on Saturday seemed to have great swathes of empty seats and one end looked deserted and yet they claimed a 23+ thousand attendance. At WR on the Sunday all the spots that can be bare when the ground isn't full ie the corners of Met-Rx, the bit behind the posts in the Goldsmiths and the ends of the new stand, all of those looked pretty full to me watching on TV. I thought we might be claiming a full house and was gobsmacked when they said it was only 20 thousand. It would be interesting to hear from a Club insider.
The Ricoh Arena has a 32 000 capacity for rugby, so its hardly suprising that one end of the ground looked empty with a 23 000 crowd. I thought it was the busiest I'd seen the ricoh for a wasps game actually. I also thought Welford Rd looked almost full to capacity and we were told via the TV that there were in excess of 24 000 there.
If the Ricoh was 3/4 full - and it looked it - 23000 would be about right.
It looked the biggest crown they'd had since we won there last season.

I still don't believe our publicised figure.........
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

kingol22 wrote:id be a bit concerned with the attendance seeing as tickets start at £35.
Kids started at £5 and Adults £10, how do I know this? I bought a big mini-bus full of 16yr olds from Norfolk, bargain i'd say!

BTW I thought the ground looked a lot fuller than the 21k stated!
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

I still don't believe our publicised figure.........
Was the terrace as busy as normal?
Perhaps some from the terrace decided to take a seat for the day or didn't come!
Cheery chappy
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Noddy, I don't think those season ticket holders who expected the game to be included within their season ticket price would have been too happy if it was included and we had failed to qualify or been drawn away, it's simply not practicable to include knock out games into the price.

As for the terrace, it did not feel too crowded, perhaps French fans don't take up as much room as some of our visitors, you know wine and garlic not quite so fattening as beer and Fish and chips! :smt048

Still wondering if all those junior teams on the pitch at half time are included in the attendance figure? Do they pay for their coaching clinic with the tigers and get a ticket thrown into that price and so not seperated out into coaching and ticket income?