Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

My own high falootin' analysis

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Woopteedoo, Tigers !

First and foremost CONGRATULATIONS, in capital letters, for a wonderful performance ! :smt026 :smt026 :smt026

My view of the match, with all my scientific knowledge of rugby, is that there were two teams on the pitch, you see... And only one ball. Had there been two balls, perhaps Stade could have made something of its own ball.Well, maybe. For yesterday, they were so embarrassed with their ball that they had a sort of urge to give it to the opposition and see what the Tuilagis and Burns could make out of it. If you add to this the equation : Tigers one day = Tigers always, all tries were scored by Tigers including Dupuy's. So, our pink hats we doff at the Tigers' performance. On the moment I had questions about some of Nigel Owen's decisions but does it matter at the end of the day? Certainly not. So diolch Nigel.

Now THANK YOU ALL for remarkable hospitality, in spite of the bitter defeat, no aggressive sarcasm, at the bar some drunken Stade fans could happily grab the mike and massacre the "Marseillaise" at the tops of their lungs - twice, to which a rousing "Jerusalem" responded and also a spiritual I don"t remember well about chariots with bad suspensions.

SPECIAL THANKS to Neil, a Londoner and true Stade fan who took me to the grounds in his lovely fancy car, and a extra SPECIAL THANK to BeeJay who neatly arranged all parking details and also for an exchange of drinks and banter prior to the game. :smt023

Now as far as Europe is concerned I am a TIGERS FAN! You good people are going to beat Racigne. Why? Because money can't buy everything. I personally have three Tigers shirts in my garde-robe, a giant Tiger skin and other Tigers memorabilia. These are going to the pub for every game you'll be playing! Unfortunately I can't make it to Lyon but, should you mighty Tigers get there I mean WHEN you get there, I'll try and make a short guide to the city (lived two years there three decades ago...)
If the moderation accept my banter, I'll start an Anti-Racing topic on the forum soon.

Blessings to you all, thanks again and as someone we all liked used to say KEEP THE FAITH !!! :smt026
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: My own high falootin' analysis

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Ze Stade Fan wrote:Woopteedoo, Tigers !

First and foremost CONGRATULATIONS, in capital letters, for a wonderful performance ! :smt026 :smt026 :smt026

My view of the match, with all my scientific knowledge of rugby, is that there were two teams on the pitch, you see... And only one ball. Had there been two balls, perhaps Stade could have made something of its own ball.Well, maybe. For yesterday, they were so embarrassed with their ball that they had a sort of urge to give it to the opposition and see what the Tuilagis and Burns could make out of it. If you add to this the equation : Tigers one day = Tigers always, all tries were scored by Tigers including Dupuy's. So, our pink hats we doff at the Tigers' performance. On the moment I had questions about some of Nigel Owen's decisions but does it matter at the end of the day? Certainly not. So diolch Nigel.

Now THANK YOU ALL for remarkable hospitality, in spite of the bitter defeat, no aggressive sarcasm, at the bar some drunken Stade fans could happily grab the mike and massacre the "Marseillaise" at the tops of their lungs - twice, to which a rousing "Jerusalem" responded and also a spiritual I don"t remember well about chariots with bad suspensions.

SPECIAL THANKS to Neil, a Londoner and true Stade fan who took me to the grounds in his lovely fancy car, and a extra SPECIAL THANK to BeeJay who neatly arranged all parking details and also for an exchange of drinks and banter prior to the game. :smt023

Now as far as Europe is concerned I am a TIGERS FAN! You good people are going to beat Racigne. Why? Because money can't buy everything. I personally have three Tigers shirts in my garde-robe, a giant Tiger skin and other Tigers memorabilia. These are going to the pub for every game you'll be playing! Unfortunately I can't make it to Lyon but, should you mighty Tigers get there I mean WHEN you get there, I'll try and make a short guide to the city (lived two years there three decades ago...)
If the moderation accept my banter, I'll start an Anti-Racing topic on the forum soon.

Blessings to you all, thanks again and as someone we all liked used to say KEEP THE FAITH !!! :smt026

This is what European Rugby is about...great post :smt023
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Stade Fan,

Glad you enjoyed the trip to our less than grand City, even if you didn't enjoy the result. Your boys were asleep at that first break and then you gave Freddie another 7. Clearly the season has taken it's toll and you need a long holiday and regroup. Meanwhile, keep your candle lit for the red, white and green as we try to make it Lyon.

:smt028 :smt003 :smt038
BeeJay
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by BeeJay »

Mon ami,

I'm sorry we had to shoot off straight after the match but, as I explained, my older brother had pulled a three-line whip on me. I do apologise for him as he still thinks rugby should be played 13-a-side. Luckily the stupidity gene only affects the first born in each generation in our family.

I hope you and Neil had a good journey back to the Smoke (please pass on my regards to him). I know you lit a €3 candle for the boys in pink: any chance of a €5 candle for the Tigers? :smt002
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Candles will be lit, for sure ! :smt051 :smt051 :smt051

Let us KEEP THE FAITH !!! :smt026
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Ze Stade Fan wrote:Candles will be lit, for sure ! :smt051 :smt051 :smt051

Let us KEEP THE FAITH !!! :smt026
Nice post.....glad that you made it to Welford Road.

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Classy supporter.
Thanks, ZSF
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Nice one my friend! Nice one!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

Very gracious ZSF and reminded me why I love rugby!

To next season, for Stade, and of course, I'm keeping the faith for this season for Tigers :smt003
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

Ze Stade Fan

To you Mon Ami I say Form is temporary, class is permanent, and you are class.

Hopefully form will return to your beloved Stade Francais soon.

Au revoir.
TheproudTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TheproudTiger »

Ze Stade Fan - you are a true gent and thanks to you and all your fans for making the trip to WR we enjoyed your company and enjoyed cheering with you all in the Final Whistle at the Racing result. :smt023