Awards

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Awards

Post by Crumblies »

Thought I would start this thread so that people might share their thoughts on who should be the recipients of the seasons awards.

Also can anyone tell me if Jordan Crane has previously received the long service award.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Awards

Post by RagingBull »

don't think so
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

May have won Car Washer of the Year though :smt002
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Butchered try of the season, we have a few candidates for that already?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Bill W as a posthumous supporters award would be a nice gesture.
Hehehehehehehehe
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

rocktop51 wrote:May have won Car Washer of the Year though :smt002
JDV, bench warmer of the year.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

I think it's a toss up between Roly, darganj and G.K for the "Aways Look on the Bright Side of Life" award.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Cagey Tiger wrote:I think it's a toss up between Roly, darganj and G.K for the "Aways Look on the Bright Side of Life" award.
We could award one of them the 'Every Silver Cloud has a Dark Lining' Cup, and perhaps the Pessimists Unification Belt to the third?
As for me, if we beat Stains AND Racing I will qualify for the Sublime Pig in Poop Certificate, along with about 20,000 others.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Oh dear I've missed out again !
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

jgriffin wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote:I think it's a toss up between Roly, darganj and G.K for the "Aways Look on the Bright Side of Life" award.
We could award one of them the 'Every Silver Cloud has a Dark Lining' Cup, and perhaps the Pessimists Unification Belt to the third?
As for me, if we beat Stains AND Racing I will qualify for the Sublime Pig in Poop Certificate, along with about 20,000 others.
In that case there has to be the 'Happy Clapper' or 'Blinded by Faith' award.....ying and yang.

Any silverware this year would see RC awarded the 'To Succeed Despite My Apparent Attempt To Sabotage The Team' award.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

We mustn't let success or facts get in the way of blind opinion.
To answer the original post I am pretty sure that Jordan Crane has not received an award since his young player of the year award. Although of course he has medals from his Tigers appearances in many finals and semi-finals.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

johnthegriff wrote:We mustn't let success or facts get in the way of blind opinion.
To answer the original post I am pretty sure that Jordan Crane has not received an award since his young player of the year award. Although of course he has medals from his Tigers appearances in many finals and semi-finals.
:smt023
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

They give out medals to semi-finalists do they!

The "My Dad Carries Weight" and "My Props Are Fat Old and Past It" awards go to...
Cheery chappy
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Roly wrote:
jgriffin wrote:
In that case there has to be the 'Happy Clapper' or 'Blinded by Faith' award.....ying and yang.
Put your money where your mouth is and, like me, make some (credible) nominations
:smt023 :smt027
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Player of the year Telusa
Young player of the year Harry (again)
New player of the year Telusa, closely followed by BOC, Fitz, Williams, and Lauchy.
Old bode of the year, Jordan or ......anyone else who has been here yonks and given decent service and not had one yet ... Smiggy maybe.
Try of the year Telusa
Thank god he's back of the year Manu
Thank god we bought him not someone else and looking forward to him for many yeas .......Telusa

I think it's Telusa's year .. but what do I know I played I the front row for 30 years