Racing Metro Paris at Nottingham

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Racing Metro Paris at Nottingham

Post by Spicer »

The sad thing is we played badly when we know we can be so much better. Onward and upwards.
Downsouth

Post by Downsouth »

To come so close whilst making so many silly errors suggests we really should have won that game. The coaches don't install those kind of mistakes in the players. I struggle to understand why Harrison didn't come on after 50, but apart from that, once the game started, there was not much else that they could do. We must now go all out next weekend and attempt to get third spot - or hope Wasps can overcome Sarries at the top
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Cold, dispirited, would kick the cat if we had one but - philosophically recognising that it's a work-in-progress. If we put 80 minutes of the 'new Tigers' on the pitch we can beat anyone and that will happen more consistently. Today it just didn't happen despite us all shouting ourselves hoarse in the Trent End. That's sport.

I wonder if next door have a cat? :smt012
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

Due respect to racing though, their defence was excellent today...
cheers
Rich
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

champanzie wrote:I don't think I have ever seen as bad of a game as that
Stop showing how few games you have watched. You could probably pick any one of at least a dozen last season for a worse performance. Or how about against Sale at home this season, or Sarries away? To name a few. Yes, our inability to hold onto the ball for more than a couple of phases killed us so many times, but not everything was bad. I had thought our scrum would struggle and was pleasantly surprised when we were shoving them backwards at times.
BeeJay
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by BeeJay »

Why did we pick today to swap the spray-on glue for KY jelly?
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

BeeJay wrote:Why did we pick today to swap the spray-on glue for KY jelly?
In preparation for being...
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

I think going the try down early on killed us. We looked like we were trying to chase the game, trying passes that weren't on and forcing things. Racing's defence was good, but so was ours. Didn't think Owens gave us much, but at the end of the day we lost that all by ourselves. We must have chucked away at least four tries in the second half
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

L Smith wrote:
BeeJay wrote:Why did we pick today to swap the spray-on glue for KY jelly?
In preparation for being...
Yes - same reason I used to sprinkle perfume on my tax return before I sent it in each year...always helps to get them in the mood!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Well beaten today by a better team who were in control.
I knew nothing about Racing as a team before but they have a strong all round game IMO.
Should've been 26-9 had a perfectly good try been awarded to Racing which would've been a fairer reflection of the game.
Lots of handling errors for both teams and not the difference for me.
Tigers were outmuscled once again, this time at the breakdown and tackle.
Too many show ponies in the pack for me, Fonua doesn't work hard enough, Thacker doesn't have the physicality and missed a few tackles around the tight areas, Kitchener was totally outclassed by his opponents today.
Like mentioned before though those should be replaced were the personnel available, still what could've been though.
Harrison should've played with hindsight, Racing were too strong up the middle for BY style.
I would've liked to have seen more of Bateman who carried hard and brought proper physicality when he came on, he was a positive IMO.
Would've also have liked to have seen Pearce but it looks unlikely we'll see him in a Tigers shirt again.
Didn't like the venue!
Disappointing!
Cheery chappy
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Quite simply Tigers were dire, both forwards and backs and were beaten by a better and more committed team. Well played to Racing 92.

More worrying for me was the lack of intensity until the last 10 minutes or so, they seemed like a team that was content just to get this far, like many on here.

I'm not convinced either that it will be any better next year, we have several players that are past their best.

Real shame as I was looking forward to a trip to Lyon. :smt009
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

G.K wrote:Quite simply Tigers were dire, both forwards and backs and were beaten by a better and more committed team. Well played to Racing 92.

More worrying for me was the lack of intensity until the last 10 minutes or so, they seemed like a team that was content just to get this far, like many on here.

I'm not convinced either that it will be any better next year, we have several players that are past their best.

Who are said players?
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

G.K wrote:Quite simply Tigers were dire, both forwards and backs and were beaten by a better and more committed team. Well played to Racing 92.

I take issue with all of this ...........Tigers were very committed in my view. I saw a huge amount of effort and application, but most if it erased by numerous handling errors , forward passes etc. I didn't think Racing were that much better: they scored within two minutes of the start, we scored with two minutes left. Other than that most of the game was played between the 22 metre lines with neither side giving ground or gaining much .
Freddie Burns didn't make much effort on one leg, did he ?? Pathetic of him, sell him immediately , obviously a complete pansy,fancying finishing up in plaster and on crutches. Cockers, make sure he's on the training ground 8 am tomorrow morning...........
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I never said anything about Freddie Burns!
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Accuracy.

I'd be interested to see our knock on stats for the year. The ambition and possession were there but too many times our hands let us down. That said it will be valuable exposure to knock-out rugby for quite a few of our side which some, even some internatiosals in our squad, lack. Racing just thrived off our mistakes (and won a couple of the scrum lotteries in key places!).

It clicked a little too late - Bateman and Thompstone seemed to add some urgency. Kudos to Owen for the ultra-quick conversion too. Not an easy kick.