Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: The European Weekend Unfolds......

Post by WhitecapTiger »

TigerCam wrote:Nottingham it is !!!! :smt023 :smt027 :smt027
Get in! :smt026
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Oh yes :smt026 :smt026 :smt026
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

Never thought I'd be celebrating a trip to Nottingham!!
killer938
Tiger Cub

Post by killer938 »

I live in Lyon but I am back in England that weekend for my mate's stag do, months ago had originally booked a Eurostar back on the Sunday which would mean I'd be on it during the match, currently looking to see how much it will cost to change my ticket
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Well, a performance even I can't moan about....

A much better team effort all round, which just goes to show, they can do it when they want to. It has to be said, they were helped by a woefully unconfident Stade team.

Criticisms are minor, but for me, the biggest disappointment is the scrum. I know some like to think so, but Tigers do not have the best front row in the AP and the tight five were under pressure at pretty much every scrum. On a positive note, Thacker is definitely improving at hooker.

Manu doesn't have the best rugby brain and it showed on a couple of occasions when the pass should have gone but didn't or he passed it when it wasn't really on.

Referee Owens had a very good game. His consistency and clarity of officiating is just what we need to see more of in the AP. Too often we see Referees take the spineless option of giving penalties or going to the TMO rather than backing their decisions to let play develop.

Saints are beatable at The Gardens, based on that performance. However, they showed a lot of dog v Saracens at the weekend and Tigers will have to be on their metal. Reversion to 'headless chicken' style will cost them the match. Don't care what anybody says, momentum is everything now, and the team cannot afford to lose any games now.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

GS wrote:The problem with Tigers starting at a pace and getting a good lead is that we all know it's only a matter of time before they decide that 'this is going well' and take their collective feet off the throttle.
This would have been reasonable if expressed as an opinion, given previous matches. As a statement of fact, it was somewhat wide of the mark, thankfully :smt002