Still no new moderator

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: Still no new moderator

Post by Tigerbeat »

The position for a new moderator is still under discussion. As the forum has been managed over the last 15 months without too many issues the appointment is not urgent. I am told that there are some discussions taking place as to how the fans can interact with the club in a more direct way. That is all I know at the moment.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

Thanks Tigerbeat.

I do enjoy the forum, as do my children. Even though they not post they do enjoy reading it. Some comments even form the basis of debate at mealtimes!
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Surprised that Tigerburnie's offer was not taken up.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I will officially offer my services to be Mod.

:smt029 :smt029 :smt029 :smt029 :smt029
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

RagingBull wrote:I will officially offer my services to be Mod.

:smt029 :smt029 :smt029
Make the decision when you're sober! :smt005
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

jgriffin wrote:
RagingBull wrote:I will officially offer my services to be Mod.

:smt029 :smt029 :smt029
Make the decision when you're sober! :smt005
Not enough time, i need to go through my ban list.
BeeJay
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by BeeJay »

One of the best perks as a moderator is the ability to quietly amend your basic errors and then delete the posts that pointed them out.
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Save Our Forum!!

Post by Grimlish »

Tigerbeat wrote:The position for a new moderator is still under discussion. As the forum has been managed over the last 15 months without too many issues the appointment is not urgent. I am told that there are some discussions taking place as to how the fans can interact with the club in a more direct way. That is all I know at the moment.
Save our Forum!!

Please, please, please save me from having to waste my time on the drivel that is served up via Facebook. Why would I ever want to know what friends of friends are having for their tea? As for Twitter - too many people with nothing to say, but saying it anyway.

What the heck does 'in a more direct way' mean? I've never understood this to be about interacting with the club - more a sort of virtual clubhouse, hosted by the club, so fan:fan, not fan:club.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Alas Grimlish, those words ' in a more direct way' usually herald the death of free interaction and collective discussion. I have heard them used in schools to marginalise collective staff complaints and union interventions, and politicians use the idea as a way of ignoring opinion and evidence.

I would seriously doubt however that the club would think it important enough to dim the Offy lights, more likely can't be bothered to keep it going.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

There is no plans for the forum to be taken away.....more likely to make enhancements to it to improve the communications between the club and the fans.
This is a very active forum compared to many other clubs and has many users who participate to the threads.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

So, Q&A sessions at specific times with people who are identifiable and represent the club, (officials as well as players) that sort of 'direct interaction'?

Very glad to hear there are no plans to close this forum down as has happened to other similar forums.

I'm sure forum members could suggest other features they would like to see!
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

Tigerbeat wrote:There is no plans for the forum to be taken away.....more likely to make enhancements to it to improve the communications between the club and the fans.
This is a very active forum compared to many other clubs and has many users who participate to the threads.
Relieved to hear this, as I am very fond of this forum! Your earlier post did worry me a bit, so very grateful for the clarification!

Many thanks Tigerbeat.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

BeeJay wrote:
LE18 wrote:Jon, you raised it so think you should do it, might get some proper spellings etc. :smt001
As I once said, you can stand in front of 100 monkeys for 100 years explaining Einstein's Theory of relativity but, at the end, they'll still be monkeys. What still amazes me is the number of people who don't know the difference between losing and loosing.
Are you loosing it BJ with all these Monkeys on the lose? :smt002

Yes they may well still be monkeys but will any of them understand the theory, that's the important point?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Tigerbeat wrote:... I am told that there are some discussions taking place as to how the fans can interact with the club in a more direct way. That is all I know at the moment.
Ooooh lovely - Peter's going to have us all round for drinkies and a chat.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

BeeJay wrote:
LE18 wrote:Jon, you raised it so think you should do it, might get some proper spellings etc. :smt001
As I once said, you can stand in front of 100 monkeys for 100 years explaining Einstein's Theory of relativity but, at the end, they'll still be monkeys. What still amazes me is the number of people who don't know the difference between losing and loosing.
And as for the number of players who stay at a club after resigning. :smt003