Tigers v Stade Team.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

killer938
Tiger Cub

Re: Tigers v Stade Team.

Post by killer938 »

Not surprised Tait is starting, Cockerill was always going to go for the experience back there in such a big game. If we end up chasing the game then they will switch.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Soggypitch wrote:
RagingBull wrote:Surprised that Burns and youngs are starting.
You can't be serious that you are surprised Youngs is starting?! He's one of our few current internationals...

I think Burns is also the right decision, he's been on good form and Williams (who I really rate) had a very wobbly game v Gloucs.

Shows our strength in depth that we can afford to leave Slater and Croft on the bench.
Meant as a combo not Youngs starting.

Freddie hardly had the best of games V Sale (Could be down to his injury could not who knows).

Either way it nice to have options.

But none the less he is still
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

An interesting team selection with Tait at 15, Veainu on the wing and no Fonua?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

Personally like the look of the side and I think this is starting to show what the coaches believe is our best 15/23.

Back row would be my pick, assuming all are fully fit and at their best (so a slight concern at the moment with all three coming back from recent injuries). Croft slightly unlucky but a great player to bring on from the bench.

Half backs: Youngs - as others have said - played "badly" last week but was key in two tries? Hope he plays as badly again. I also think he will step-up as this is a big game. Burns for me is the better player at the moment at fly-half - and a pick for a dry, running game. Williams maybe better for kick and pin back - so think this again shows what the coaches are looking to do.

Back three - agree that Thompstone is in better form (by a long way) than Tait but Tait is the only one of the back three that gives a decent kicking option - so I understand the selection. Would expect Tait to come off in the second half, Veainu to full-back and Thompstone to come on.

Btw. on full-backs/wings - anyone know what has happened to Morris?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Wonder what game Saints is targetting?

15 Ben Foden (capt)
14 Ken Pisi
13 George Pisi
12 Luther Burrell
11 Jamie Elliott
10 Stephen Myler
9 Kahn Fotuali’i
1 Alex Waller
2 Mikey Haywood
3 Paul Hill
4 James Craig
5 Christian Day
6 Courtney Lawes
7 Ben Nutley
8 Teimana Harrison

16 Reece Marshall
17 Campese Ma’afu
18 Gareth Denman
19 Victor Matfield
20 Michael Paterson
21 Tom Kessell
22 JJ Hanrahan
23 Harry Mallinder
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Bristol Tiger wrote:Personally like the look of the side and I think this is starting to show what the coaches believe is our best 15/23.

Back row would be my pick, assuming all are fully fit and at their best (so a slight concern at the moment with all three coming back from recent injuries). Croft slightly unlucky but a great player to bring on from the bench.

Half backs: Youngs - as others have said - played "badly" last week but was key in two tries? Hope he plays as badly again. I also think he will step-up as this is a big game. Burns for me is the better player at the moment at fly-half - and a pick for a dry, running game. Williams maybe better for kick and pin back - so think this again shows what the coaches are looking to do.

Back three - agree that Thompstone is in better form (by a long way) than Tait but Tait is the only one of the back three that gives a decent kicking option - so I understand the selection. Would expect Tait to come off in the second half, Veainu to full-back and Thompstone to come on.

Morris is moving on at the end of this season!
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Kjones

Post by Kjones »

Honestly think this team will get us the win, but my only concern like a few on hear is Freddie. Defensively we protect him which can't help the team and going forward If he play aggressive at 10 we should be fine but if he gets targeted and starts playing to deep we could have a few problems. Great bench aswell this weekend. Hopefully we get the 10/10 Freddie not the 4/10.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

sapajo wrote:
Bristol Tiger wrote:Personally like the look of the side and I think this is starting to show what the coaches believe is our best 15/23.

Morris is moving on at the end of this season!
Also was out for this season.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Stade Français Paris:
15 Djibril Camara
14 Waisea Vuidarvuwalu
13 Geoffrey Doumayrou
12 Jonathan Danty
11 Jérémy Sinzelle
10 Morné Steyn
9 Julien Dupuy

1 Zurabi Zhvania
2 Remi Bonfils
3 Rabah Slimani
4 Hugh Pyle
5 Alexandre Flanquart
6 Jonathan Ross
7 Raphael Lakafia
8 Sergio Parisse (c)

Replacements:

16 Craig Burden
17 Dany Priso
18 Paul Alo Emile
19 Paul Gabrillagues
20 Willem Alberts
21 Julien Tomas
22 Jules Plisson
23 Hugo Bonneval
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

ourla wrote:Stade Français Paris:
15 Djibril Camara
14 Waisea Vuidarvuwalu
13 Geoffrey Doumayrou
12 Jonathan Danty
11 Jérémy Sinzelle
10 Morné Steyn
9 Julien Dupuy

1 Zurabi Zhvania
2 Remi Bonfils
3 Rabah Slimani
4 Hugh Pyle
5 Alexandre Flanquart
6 Jonathan Ross
7 Raphael Lakafia
8 Sergio Parisse (c)

Replacements:

16 Craig Burden
17 Dany Priso
18 Paul Alo Emile
19 Paul Gabrillagues
20 Willem Alberts
21 Julien Tomas
22 Jules Plisson
23 Hugo Bonneval

Could be wrong but aren't they banned still? or at least should be still?
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

RagingBull wrote:
ourla wrote:Stade Français Paris:
15 Djibril Camara
14 Waisea Vuidarvuwalu
13 Geoffrey Doumayrou
12 Jonathan Danty
11 Jérémy Sinzelle
10 Morné Steyn
9 Julien Dupuy

1 Zurabi Zhvania
2 Remi Bonfils
3 Rabah Slimani
4 Hugh Pyle
5 Alexandre Flanquart
6 Jonathan Ross
7 Raphael Lakafia
8 Sergio Parisse (c)

Replacements:

16 Craig Burden
17 Dany Priso
18 Paul Alo Emile
19 Paul Gabrillagues
20 Willem Alberts
21 Julien Tomas
22 Jules Plisson
23 Hugo Bonneval

Could be wrong but aren't they banned still? or at least should be still?
What all 23 of them? I know they haven't had a good season but that would be a bit strong!
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

I'll confidently predict the 9/10 will be Youngs and Williams. That's RC favoured combo in my opinion.
More than happy to be proved wrong by RC. Freddie is the right call but like others have said we need 8+/10 Fred not 4/10.

I can't complain about the side at all. Back-row looks better than recent weeks, plus Slater and Croft to come on.

Time for Tait to step up and play a blinder at 15 and as captain.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Presumably he means the 2 players he has put in bold font
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Gabrillagues Is free to play as from 21st March
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I really wish they would pick Bateman at the moment whilst Youngs is out, we need a solid front row in the scrum to ensure we don't go backwards. I think by picking Thaker we are having to select bulk in the 2 nd and back rows to compensate for him, which means we have to leave out our best lineout man Croft.
Don't get me wrong, I do think Thacker has great skills but at the moment I think the scrum is suffering, he spends a lot of time flying around always in the action, too often in the first receiver position and not always making his tackles due to his light weight.
I know that many of you will disagree with me, choosing to highlight his ball playing abilities but I think if he is played as a hooker, then his duties should be more concentrated in that department and not feature too prominently in and around the central defensive positions through which we have recently conceeded tries!