2015/16 Squad/Contracts/Rumours and Transfers Thread Part 4

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Re: 2015/16 Squad/Contracts/Rumours and Transfers Thread Par

Post by TigerCam »

tigerburnie wrote:Can I ask if this casual throw away policy for our employees is ok to introduce into where you work, you know, you've been there a while, lets just bin you and replace you with a younger model?
I can understand a bit of sentiment but as it is a business and not club rugby anymore and players are contracted that is the 'nature of the beast'. It is a 'revolving door' business theses days.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

TigerCam wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:Can I ask if this casual throw away policy for our employees is ok to introduce into where you work, you know, you've been there a while, lets just bin you and replace you with a younger model?
I can understand a bit of sentiment but as it is a business and not club rugby anymore and players are contracted that is the 'nature of the beast'. It is a 'revolving door' business theses days.
Agreed, however some people are quicker to say "get rid of" than others. Sometimes before the players even arrive at the club. Some were suggesting that we should get rid of Manu, BEFORE seeing how he recovered from his injuries.

Tigers have not released (note that I said released) that many players that we have regretted letting go. I suspect that if the views of the more hard line posters about this were followed, there would be more than the odd one or two that we did regret letting go. And I don't think that you can accuse Tigers of hanging onto players out of sentimentality much.

You also have to look at what you can get as a replacement. Always a bit of a gamble, even with big names.
champanzie
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by champanzie »

Thats professional sport for you. Surely in any work place if you are not doing well you will be replaced?
Come on you tigers!
Gramps

Post by Gramps »

Steve Mafi signed a 2 year deal with Castres