De Chaves

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fleabane
Super User
Super User

De Chaves

Post by fleabane »

Last edited by fleabane on Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valhalla I am coming!
darganj
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: De Chaves

Post by darganj »

Not Prem top 4 starting second row quality.

Not a big loss
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

darganj wrote:Not Prem top 4 starting second row quality.

Not a big loss
Disagree with the last comment he was one of the few bright sparks of last season.
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

I think De Chavez year was last year and now he has fallen significantly behind Barrow.

We have a luxury in locks where when all fit we play them at 6 and 8

Good luck for the future
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

RagingBull wrote:

Not a big loss
Disagree with the last comment he was one of the few bright sparks of last season.
Agree totally, was always up for it and often geeing others on, very Tigerish; hasn't had a look-in this year. Very sorry to see him go, unlike the resident whingers on here.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Not a big loss
Appears to be not a big loss because we haven't seen much of him this season.
Personally I think he is a proper lock and London Irish have themselves a very good signing, big, combative, solid set piece, gobby, he has leadership qualities IMO.
Good player IMO very similar to Sarries Hargreaves.
Cheery chappy
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Have to agree with Darjanj not a top quality lock but he has put in some fine service for the tigers for which we thank him and wish him well at the exiles, however, I hope he realises that he will be playing Championship rugby next season.
darganj
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by darganj »

jgriffin wrote:
RagingBull wrote:

Not a big loss
Agree totally, was always up for it and often geeing others on, very Tigerish; hasn't had a look-in this year. Very sorry to see him go, unlike the resident whingers on here.
I think that sums up your views.... "Very Tigerish".

Its 2016 mate, not 2001/02. Smacking someone on the edge of the ruck isn't what you need from a 2nd row now.

Etzebeth, Itoje, Kruis, Retallick are the new model.

Move with the times. The game has gone athletic, big lumps won't do anymore.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

darganj wrote:
jgriffin wrote:
RagingBull wrote:
I think that sums up your views.... "Very Tigerish".

Its 2016 mate, not 2001/02. Smacking someone on the edge of the ruck isn't what you need from a 2nd row now.

Etzebeth, Itoje, Kruis, Retallick are the new model.

Move with the times. The game has gone athletic, big lumps won't do anymore.
You know Etzebeth is a big lump as well who smacks people on the edge of the ruck.

I'm not saying that the modern game hasn't changed but you still need enforcer type locks regardless just they need to be a bit more mobile than they were.

And wouldn't class De Chaves as a lump at all he played with all out passion and for me that is Tigerish, well how I remember it.
darganj
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by darganj »

[/quote]

You know Etzebeth is a big lump as well who smacks people on the edge of the ruck.

I'm not saying that the modern game hasn't changed but you still need enforcer type locks regardless just they need to be a bit more mobile than they were.

And wouldn't class De Chaves as a lump at all he played with all out passion and for me that is Tigerish, well how I remember it.[/quote]

Yet again, missing the point. Outward displays of passion are irrelevant.

Who cares who screams and shouts. You want people to affect the game.

De Chaves was limited. Etzebeth is massive, but he is so functional. I bet he can box jump as high as most Leicester backs.

Barrow and Fitzgerald are Leicester's two best locks, apologies to those who have a love affair with Slater.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

darganj wrote: Yet again, missing the point. Outward displays of passion are irrelevant.

Who cares who screams and shouts. You want people to affect the game.
Playing with Passion does affect the game, and to think Passion is only displayed screams and shouts suggest we have never played with any.

It is what makes a talented player a great player, and what makes a squad player a top squad player.

You can't build a squad with just 15 starter or even 23 starters.

Whilst De Chaves wasn't a starter he was a hell of a squad player to have around and played for the shirt every time he put it on which allowed him despite limitations to have a very good season last year something we have sorely missed from some players this season.
darganj
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by darganj »

We have too many squad players, not enough starters.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Give it up Raging Bull, you know you can't win with Roly, darganj and the rest. I do wonder if they are actually Saints supporters trolling sometimes.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Sad to see him go; he's been valuable at times and has earned the privilege of leading the Tigers as he did in last year's LV. Really it was a competition between him and Barrow this year and Barrow has comprehensively established himself in the side.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

jgriffin wrote:Give it up Raging Bull, you know you can't win with Roly, darganj and the rest. I do wonder if they are actually Saints supporters trolling sometimes.
Hit the nail on the head, JG. One of them is a card-carrying Sarries fan. The other offers nothing but criticism at any available opportunity. Both pass their opinion off as fact and both are rude to other posters. It's a shame that we often dignify their posts with a response and prolong their input.
Im thinking of moving to the unoffy so there's only ballsout to suffer!
Back on topic... big thanks to Seb for all of his hard work and not inconsiderable talent. Go well, mate
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man