De Chaves

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Flawborough

Re: De Chaves

Post by Flawborough »

LS & JG, thank you for those words.
De Chaves has served our club well. This year he has certainly fallen behind in the pecking in order and has decided to move to pastures new which probably suits both parties.

I do feel the need to defend Mr Slater. Possibly not the most gifted footballing second row but what extra he gives over so many others is his leadership ability on the field. This has not only been seen at Leicester but with England past & present. Dare I say Mr Johnson probably had equals on a playing level but they were never the rugby player he was.
Louis

Post by Louis »

jgriffin wrote:Give it up Raging Bull, you know you can't win with Roly, darganj and the rest. I do wonder if they are actually Saints supporters trolling sometimes.
Now then that is just too far. I might enjoy the odd bit of mockery of those who mong doom on a rare occasion, but suggesting they are sympathising with the wrong end of the A508, in the company of Voldemorts pere et fils, is surely beyond the pale.

I mean, accusations of being Bath supporters would be sufficiently bad, but Northampton? Deary me. What has the world come to? Language like that. In my day etc...

{tongue firmly in cheek}

[Also sad to see De Chaves go, he was not fond of taking a backward step which I admire, but as others have intimated, we are blessed with a plethora of locks. Best of luck, Seb]
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

jgriffin wrote:Give it up Raging Bull, you know you can't win with Roly, darganj and the rest. I do wonder if they are actually Saints supporters trolling sometimes.
Do you really need to wonder JG when its as clear as daylight :smt003
AndyGoode

Post by AndyGoode »

Really don't understand why people would complain about De Chaves leaving, he was very second rate, have plenty of talent in the row now already.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I almost find myself agreeing with darganj, Itoje and Kruis are a superb second row combination comparable to Johnson & Kay. De Chaves is a good old fashioned type of lock who is possibly now 5th or 6th in the pecking order at Tigers behind Kitchener, Barrow, Fitzgerald, Williams and Slater. Now is the time for him to move on to make room for developing players, he will be a good signing for Irish, maybe even a captain.
A top four club needs a minimum of four or five locks capable of starting but they will still need a couple of other squad players behind that.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

he's been a good squad man but you cannot blame anyone for moving on to get more regular first XV game time