He has played 21 games in last 23 weeks

http://www.leicestertigers.com/rugby/le ... ef=dynamic
Super User
Super User

Re: Bad luck or bad business?

Post by 4071 »

darganj wrote:He has played 21 games in last 23 weeks

http://www.leicestertigers.com/rugby/le ... ef=dynamic
Alternative way of seeing those stats is that he's started 17 games out of 24 this season, which doesn't sound excessive. There are loads of players who have started more.

Just to confirm, though, if guys don't play because of injury then it's bad business to have signed them, but if they don't get injured and play then we are risking them getting injured. Is the plan to keep them fit all season by not picking them, then?
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Tigerbeat wrote:JFJ, I will let you tell Jordan Crane that he "is well past it".

:smt005
Can you be past it when you never quite were it?
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Noddy555 wrote:De Villiers showed in his only first team appearance that the turn of speed that he used to have is sadly missing and at the age of 34 he's unlikely to regain it.
Was that the one away against Quins or the one at Home against London Irish?
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Whitecap Tiger, I thought he only came on as a substitute at Quins, no I was referring to the only start he had ie from the start. I would have backed my grandma to play well against London Irish and she's been dead for over 45 years.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

mol2 wrote:
Tigerbeat wrote:JFJ, I will let you tell Jordan Crane that he "is well past it".

:smt005
Can you be past it when you never quite were it?
:smt003

Tigerbeat I don't need to tell him Cipriani left him way back in the noughties :smt023
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

Some players will have a higher risk JBV will have been one of those but I am sure we paid less because of that. It's not all about what they do on the pitch though. He will have developed the players around him by his professionalism and experience , his different mindset etc

High risk players have proved very successful in the past. Tait was injured for years and look how he has turned out. others haven't worked it's a bit of a lottery and alway will be.

I am not worried about individual players since that is often just bad luck. I would be more interested in a comparison between clubs. Do we have more players out injured than the the other big clubs?

If we consistently have more injuries then we are getting something wrong with our training and conditioning program and our rotation and rest program. If we are inline with other clubs it's just bad luck