Sale v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Sale v Tigers

Post by sapajo »

Roly wrote: I wonder which team some of you actually watch, never mind who I support.

I always watch the Tigers team that is fielded and that is the one I support.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
DanDan

Post by DanDan »

Raging bull, where do you get the idea that Pearce has poor ball retention? You can't blame him if it's knocked on two passes away from where he has laid it back or offloaded it. How about we try and give players our support instead of criticising everything. I know we want to win every game and be flawless, but that ain't going to happen.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

You cannot compare us to Gloucester! A consistent bottom half of the table team, with no history and consistent chokers.

Roll, please explain how any coach in world rugby could have stopped Goneva not scoring a try when he should have, who could have prevented Burns from not finding touch which led to a Sale try and who would have been able to get Bell to kick (well tap with his foot) the ball in to touch? If those 3 things would have gone as they should have, we would have won.

I feel you are just trying to say that everything is Cockerills fault as you want him sacked. If anything, a lot of the errors have come from the backs. Remind me who looks after the backs again?

No one should be sacked. We can still win 2 trophies (the only two possible this season) this season.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

ellis9 wrote:You cannot compare us to Gloucester! A consistent bottom half of the table team, with no history and consistent chokers.

Roll, please explain how any coach in world rugby could have stopped Goneva not scoring a try when he should have, who could have prevented Burns from not finding touch which led to a Sale try and who would have been able to get Bell to kick (well tap with his foot) the ball in to touch? If those 3 things would have gone as they should have, we would have won.

I feel you are just trying to say that everything is Cockerills fault as you want him sacked. If anything, a lot of the errors have come from the backs. Remind me who looks after the backs again?

No one should be sacked. We can still win 2 trophies (the only two possible this season) this season.
I can compare Tigers to Glaws and I have. The way they're playing, there's little between the two sides. Your attitude smacks of desperation.

You can coach anything - including mitigating against idiocy. Shaun Edwards, for example actually coached getting the ball down if a player was within 2m of the line. Even kicking tactically is coached, believe it or not. The best teams are the teams that make the least mistakes, that is almost entirely down to coaching.

Everything is Cockerill's fault whether you like it or not, as he carries the can in his position as DoR.

Tigers can still win two trophies? No they can't. Not based on the shambles we see before us.
Last edited by Roly on Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

DanDan wrote:Raging bull, where do you get the idea that Pearce has poor ball retention? You can't blame him if it's knocked on two passes away from where he has laid it back or offloaded it. How about we try and give players our support instead of criticising everything. I know we want to win every game and be flawless, but that ain't going to happen.

Becuase I have seen him get the ball ripped from him multiple times which is a very big no no esp for a ball carrying 8, I'm a fan of Pearce but he is very raw still.

And please I'm prob considered in the happy clapper section of this forum.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

If players do not execute what they do, on the training ground, in matches the coaches are not responsible.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Ragingbull, do you not think that the support players are not with him so he has to release the ball or risk conceding a penalty.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

You obviously didn't listen to Cockerills interview after the game where he said players get fined if they don't dive when scoring a try. What more can any coach do on that front?

Who do suggest replaces Cockerill?
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Roly wrote:I can compare Tigers to Glaws and I have. The way they're playing, there's little between the two sides. Your attitude smacks of desperation.

You can coach anything - including mitigating against idiocy. Shaun Edwards, for example actually coached getting the ball down if a player was within 2m of the line. Even kicking tactically is coached, believe it or not. The best teams are the teams that make the least mistakes, that is almost entirely down to coaching.

Everything is Cockerill's fault whether you like it or not, as he carries the can in his position as DoR.

Tigers can still win two trophies? Course they can
For anything more complex than noughts and crosses that is a grossly fallacious comment. That is an approach designed to avoid any achievement and pretty much guaranteed to win nothing. Suggest you have a rethink from the ground up.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Tigerbeat wrote:Ragingbull, do you not think that the support players are not with him so he has to release the ball or risk conceding a penalty.

Wouldn't call that a rip.

When I say ripped I mean a clean rip with both players standing in contact.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote:If players do not execute what they do, on the training ground, in matches the coaches are not responsible.
Indeed, but they are responsible for deciding and taking any action(s) they judge as being appropriate or not.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

h's dad wrote:
Roly wrote:I can compare Tigers to Glaws and I have. The way they're playing, there's little between the two sides. Your attitude smacks of desperation.

For anything more complex than noughts and crosses that is a grossly fallacious comment. That is an approach designed to avoid any achievement and pretty much guaranteed to win nothing. Suggest you have a rethink from the ground up.
No it isn't, and I suggest you take your own advice if you think it is.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
covrich

Post by covrich »

I think on the whole we have a good squad.. I think there are a few areas were are getting thin (front row, I just do not feel our replacements are good enough**) and will strengthen it next season. Hopefully a good break and OTY MWilliams will come back fully fit and strong.

What is a problem is the constant round robin of injuries unsettling the side. Bad luck most of it but we cannot string together something consistent I know there is a new coaching style but the basics are really rusty..

We cannot seem to execute a game plan like the top three, its like we are fragmented which I am putting down the the reason above..

** when I say good enough I exclude Thacker who is a fantastic player but there is a big question mark whether he is big enough to play 2..
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Coaching of competitors, in whatever sport you consider, cannot legislate what that competitor or teams of competitors do in the competition environment.
You should be able to prepare for any given competition.
Physically and mentally on the day, the competitor may not be at it.
Do you blame the coach .Only if he/she was aware of a problem.
Some have an off day and in a team you may be carried by your team.
A good coach realises this and replaces you to prevent long term injury.
Especially if its obvious you are not playing yourself through it.
More than one player having an off day - the whole team suffers.
Morale collapses and we get a cycle of complacency.
If this becomes the "Norm" you get competition fatigue.
Then mentally and physically your drained as a competition season goes on.
Sound familiar????
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Roly wrote:
h's dad wrote:

No it isn't, and I suggest you take your own advice if you think it is.
The best teams are trained and encouraged to play on the edge and mistakes are expected. This is the case with every top team. Frankly it's beyond me as to how you can disagree.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game