Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: A presentation of the forces in presence

Post by kpj tiger »

Scrum Half

Ben Youngs (ENG)
You should know all about his, controls well and likes to snipe around rucks, watch for the quick tap penalty too, was poor against Gloucester last weekend though

Sam Harrison (ENG)
Local lad, plays with his heart on his sleeve, likes to keep a high tempo but lacks control and his passing can be inaccurate at times

Jono Kitto (NZ)
Similar to Youngs but much less experienced, slowly adjusting to Northern Hemisphere rugby

Fly Half

Owen Williams (WAL)
Young welsh fly half with a very experienced head on his shoulders, controls the game well and kicks very well most of the time, not much of running threat though he does have a decent sidestep

Freddie Burns (ENG)
From the sublime to the ridiculous, Freddie is capable of some awesome bits of skill but is also prone to loosing his head and doing stupid things, kicking has improved no end since he arrived and he is starting to become more consistent overall, is a running threat himself
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Center

Manu Tuilagi (ENG)
The Chief, a wrecking ball that is almost unstoppable, passing game is improving too, can defend poorly if played at 13 though

Matt Smith (ENG)
Probably the most committed Tiger in the squad, having the season of his life, defends very well and passes decently too.

Peter Betham (AUS)
One of our best attacking threats this season, has serious pace and skill, primarily a winger though so struggles with defending at 13 sometimes

Jean De Villiers (SA)
Springbok captain and all around legend, you will know all about him, not sure of his current fitness, if he plays it will be from the bench

Wing

Vereniki Goneva (FIJ)
Classic Fijian, can step around 10 guys as if they weren't there or just run over them, not the fastest winger in the world and can loose the ball easily, can play 13

Adam Thompstone (ENG)
One of the fastest players in the Tigers squad, big and strong too, lacks that killer edge to make him a top class winger at the moment

Telusa Veainu (TON)
What a sensational player, probably the fastest Tigers player and also likely to be the most agile, best attacking threat all season, can play 15

Gonzalo Comacho (ARG)
Injury plagued time at Tigers, unlikely to play

Unavailable - Niall Morris (IRE), Miles Benjamin (ENG)

Fullback

Mat Tait (ENG)
Solid all around player who shows glimpses of his younger self, lacks self confidence at times in my opinion

Tommy Bell (ENG)
Again does the basics pretty well but nothing overly special apart from his goal kicking, Tait or Veainu will probably start ahead of him
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Thanks kpj tiger that is very interesting and concise. :smt023 I'll try and finish off Stade tomorrow with less pomp and more facts ! :smt003
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Don't worry we'll finish them off at the weekend.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
BeeJay
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by BeeJay »

kpj tiger wrote:Freddie Burns (ENG)
From the sublime to the ridiculous, Freddie is capable of some awesome bits of skill but is also prone to loosing his head and doing stupid things, kicking has improved no end since he arrived and he is starting to become more consistent overall, is a running threat himself
I believe he only 'looses his head' when it gets too tight.
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

G.K wrote:Don't worry we'll finish them off at the weekend.

Oooooooh I wish I had that kind of wit in English ! :smt003

Well...em...er... Come on you pink layabouts, show 'em Toigers who's boss ! :smt026

Sorry that's all I could come up with ! Oooooh that's gonna be hard for poooooor Stade Français ! :smt009
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Working at a client's facility and drooling in advance ahead of the game! Well, let's make it snappy then :

Outhalves

Morne Steyn (SA) : solid, had a poor spell at the beginning but his commitment was never in question. Won the French title almost single handedly at the end of last season! :smt003 I kind of bet he'll be starting in Welford Road but what do I know.

Jules Plisson (Neuilly) Poster boy and our own lil' rock star. Had a splendid start last season and then dislocated his shoulder. metronomic kicking won France the Italy contest, but was quite bungling against Wales. Some question his defence. I know the boy would die for the club. possible bench.

Julien Dupuy (once a Tiger) how can I possibly introduce Julien to you, avid Tigers fans? He is our most precious asset at scrum half. Cutting wit, whispers in the ears of refs (easy Julien, Nigel doesn't like it). Some say he is bound to coach the backs someday for us.

Julien Tomas : less of a machine but a good scrumhalf. Charming Southern accent. Leaves the club at the end of the season as the rumour has it.

Clement Daguin. Young and cocky, excellent game against Racing, a bit more wooly against other clubs. Will he definitely leave the academy this year? Bench?
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

15. Djibril Camara; 14. Waisea Vuidarvuwalu, 13. Geoffrey Doumayrou, 12. Jonathan Danty, 11. Jérémy Sinzelle; 10. Morné Steyn, 9. Julien Dupuy; 1. Zurabi Zhvania, 2. Remi Bonfils, 3. Rabah Slimani, 4. Hugh Pyle, 5. Alexandre Flanquart, 6. Jonathan Ross, 7. Raphael Lakafia, 8. Sergio Parisse
16. Craig Burden, 17. Dany Priso, 18. Paul Alo Emile, 19. Paul Gabrillagues, 20. Willem Alberts, 21. Julien Tomas, 22. Jules Plisson, 23. Hugo Bonneval
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

What do you think about your team ZSF?

Camarra doesn't usually play fullback does he?
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

kpj tiger wrote:What do you think about your team ZSF?

Camarra doesn't usually play fullback does he?
He replaced Bonneval at the post when the latter broke his ACL in Australia, so he has a quite extensive experience of the job. But he runs the ball almost systematically, and his kicking leaves to be desired. Strong at the tackle.
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

kpj tiger wrote:What do you think about your team ZSF?
Strongest possible team. Alberts on the bench maybe because he doesn't know yet all the subtleties of pink rugby. I fear very much the Dan Cole / Zhvania encounter. Steyn at 10 : the best possible tackle in this area of the pitch.

I am pessimistic but then I always am.

COME ON YOU PINK WARRIORS, COME ON YOU ROSIE HOOLIGANS ! LET'S SEE IF THE TIGER IS BURNING BRIGHT BY DAYLIGHT ! :smt026 :smt026 :smt026