Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Marler - World Rugby step in

Post by rocktop51 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/35837685

Rugby's world governing body has asked Six Nations organisers to explain the decision not to punish England prop Joe Marler for his "Gypsy boy" comment.

Should they or shouldn't they? That is the question. Would Fifa interfere with a Eufa decision - not sure they would.
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Marler - World Rugby step in

Post by tigercaspian »

FIFA would do anything for the money......crisis? What is crisis?
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Oh dear. I wouldn't mind if the Welsh were whiter than white. I've suffered enough English "so and so" comments from their supporters in recent years, so and so being used to replace any swearword you can think of.

Let he (or she if you watch the "life of Brian") who is without sin cast the first stone.

So if this gets taken any further can we assume the Welsh will ban any offensive anti English "memorabilia" from their shops? No...........Then grow up!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Quote from work today.

"We (The Welsh) can't let these English "bar stewards" call one of our boys a Gypsy can we?"

Hmmmmm! :smt002

Nice censorship, moderators..........but it does loose impact..........get real please. It was a quote, it was toned down.
Last edited by Big Dai on Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Those in World Rugby will do anything for a headline, and the WRU have been a bunch of crooks for decades. BTW where was Samson Lee born?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

This has to be referred to the European Court of Human Rights and the United Nations, we simply can't have Rugby players saying anything the other side might not like can we? Simply not on, old boy, arrange the firing squad for dawn.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Big Dai wrote:Quote from work today.

"We (The Welsh) can't let these English call one of our boys a Gypsy can we?"

Hmmmmm! :smt002
Ha got 'em - they all admit to being Gypsy boys then?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

G.K wrote:This has to be referred to the European Court of Human Rights and the United Nations, we simply can't have Rugby players saying anything the other side might not like can we? Simply not on, old boy, arrange the firing squad for dawn.
What did Dawn say to deserve that?
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

Samson's mother wasn't Gypsy Rose was she? If so she has probably told him how it will all turn out :smt023
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

A rugby player says something to another one, realised he probably shouldn't have, apologies and the world moves on. Show me any rugby match where this doesn't happen. For pity's sake, this is getting ridiculous.

If this really is all that world rugby can find to get involved in then they need more to do. How about sorting out rucking, or crooked feeds at the scrum? I'm sure we can come up with a whole list of things that need dealing with ahead of this.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

GS wrote:A rugby player says something to another one, realised he probably shouldn't have, apologies and the world moves on. Show me any rugby match where this doesn't happen. For pity's sake, this is getting ridiculous.

If this really is all that world rugby can find to get involved in then they need more to do. How about sorting out rucking, or crooked feeds at the scrum? I'm sure we can come up with a whole list of things that need dealing with ahead of this.
Absolutely. Standards - not a clue. Laws - not a clue. Junkets - with you there. PR stunts like this - every time. Anything to benefit the SH - yes! A complete horses rear-end of an unnecessary mess.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Seems reasonable that World Rugby would like to have an explanation as to why "in the heat of the moment" excuses an offensive comment. Good that they are prepared to question it.

I expect this is where I get accused of being a PC-brigade virtue signalling leftie is it? :smt006
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Big Dai wrote:Oh dear. I wouldn't mind if the Welsh were whiter than white. I've suffered enough English "so and so" comments from their supporters in recent years, so and so being used to replace any swearword you can think of.
Yes, isn't it funny how offensive and discriminatory language only ever seems to emanate from the English. However such behaviour is not a one-way street, and I look forward to reading about a non-English person being vilified for making offensive remarks about us. So if anyone has any examples….
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

It would appear that Marler did retaliate after Lee called him a prop!Healey called Harrison a Plank; Clarkson said the bridge had a slope. Its meaningless until called out by some holier than thou *&%^ crat!
I could be just too old for this :censored:!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

UEFA punishments for Racism aren't strong but they are still stronger than FIFA's most former eastern block nations and clubs sides should have been expelled for the racist abuse dished out by their fans en masse over the years