Taulafo's red card

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Taulafo's red card

Post by trendylfj »

I would like to bet that if he gets banned that it will be 2 weeks and therefore is over by the time Stade visit us.

Stade Français Paris prop Zak Taulafo picked up a red card in his side's 34-16 home defeat in the Paris derby and will now have to wait and see if any ban he receives threatens his chances of playing in the European Rugby Champions Cup quarter-finals.
Hehehehehehehehe
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: Taulafo's red card

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

what was he sent off for?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Taulafo's red card was issued for a dangerous tackle on Chris Masoe and saw the reigning French champions reduced to 12 men momentarily as they already had back row forwards Sylvain Nicolas and Jono Ross in the sin-bin.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

They will just ignore any ban....

laurent sempere was banned until 8th may for gouging marcos ayerza, stade have decided that ban only affects european games so are playing him in the top 14.

If taulafo is banned , is that ban going to be just for top 14
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Not that simple : each ruling body has an extension committee, which decides whether a sanction is lawful under its rules. The joint extension committee in France, which blends FFR (equivalent of the RFU) and LNR (equivalent of the premiership) decided not to extend Sempéré's ban in France because the EPCR claim had no merits.

It is quite certain that EPCR will extend Taulafo's ban to Europe as everyone could clearly see the foul on video and on the field (the refs took three seconds to decide the colour of the card.)

With Heineke Van der Merwe under treatment after a knee operation and Taulafo banned, it is going to be fish in a barrel for Dan Cole. OOoooooooooh poooor Stade Français. :smt009 :smt009 :smt009
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Ze Stade Fan wrote:Not that simple : each ruling body has an extension committee, which decides whether a sanction is lawful under its rules. The joint extension committee in France, which blends FFR (equivalent of the RFU) and LNR (equivalent of the premiership) decided not to extend Sempéré's ban in France because the EPCR claim had no merits.

It is quite certain that EPCR will extend Taulafo's ban to Europe as everyone could clearly see the foul on video and on the field (the refs took three seconds to decide the colour of the card.)

With Heineke Van der Merwe under treatment after a knee operation and Taulafo banned, it is going to be fish in a barrel for Dan Cole. OOoooooooooh poooor Stade Français. :smt009 :smt009 :smt009
We will see Remy as I am not enthused with our forwards at the moment, are you attending?
Last edited by Stu_F on Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Ze Stade Fan wrote:.

Oh dear. What a shame. Never mind!! :smt002
Tigers'll need all the help they can get!!
Semper in excretia
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Robespierre wrote:
Ze Stade Fan wrote:.

Oh dear. What a shame. Never mind!! :smt002
Tigers'll need all the help they can get!!
Maybe the French National side will concoct a complaint about Dan Cole this weekend that results in a citing and a ban...... :smt002
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote="WhitecapTiger"]....
Maybe the French National side will concoct a complaint about Dan Cole this weekend that results in a citing and a ban...... :smt002[/quote]

I just hope that he comes through it fit and well. So far he's put in more game time than any other prop in the competition. Time to give Brookes/Hill more than 10 minutes.
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Stu_F wrote:
Ze Stade Fan wrote:Not that simple : each ruling body has an extension committee, which decides whether a sanction is lawful under its rules. The joint extension committee in France, which blends FFR (equivalent of the RFU) and LNR (equivalent of the premiership) decided not to extend Sempéré's ban in France because the EPCR claim had no merits.

We will see Remy as I am not enthused with our forwards at the moment, are you attending?
I'll definitely be at France/Ingerland AND Leicester/Stade Français ! Bring'em on I say ! :smt026
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Ze Stade Fan wrote:
Stu_F wrote:

I'll definitely be at France/Ingerland AND Leicester/Stade Français ! Bring'em on I say ! :smt026
I fear for you having been at Murrayfield last week. More chance at Welford Road I'd say.