Tigers v Saracens

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Saracens

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

with having to start Williams at 12 I wouldn't have had Bell at full back with Veainu available, hopefully Fonua can start to make an impact from the subs bench too
samsapples

Post by samsapples »

From one of the interviews on Radio Leicester it was mentioned you need to kick well back to Saracens, which could explain Bell at 15 instead of Veainu. Bench has a lot of impact players on it which could excel once the game starts to open up. Really looking forward to seeing Genge get on again
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

Looking at the sides... we're doomed!
Tigers!!!! :smt026
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Interesting that Saracens have named Goode in their starting XV do they have inside information about the extent of his involvement or not in Paris? In which case it begs the question why have we not named YBY and Manu in our starting XV?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

sapajo wrote:Interesting that Saracens have named Goode in their starting XV do they have inside information about the extent of his involvement or not in Paris? In which case it begs the question why have we not named YBY and Manu in our starting XV?
Goode is a travelling reserve ATM. He isn't in the 23 unlike Manu and Ben.

So unless an injury happens before the game and Goode finds himself playing then he will be fit to play for Tomorrow.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

RagingBull wrote:
sapajo wrote:Interesting that Saracens have named Goode in their starting XV do they have inside information about the extent of his involvement or not in Paris? In which case it begs the question why have we not named YBY and Manu in our starting XV?
Goode is a travelling reserve ATM. He isn't in the 23 unlike Manu and Ben.

So unless an injury happens before the game and Goode finds himself playing then he will be fit to play for Tomorrow.

Thanks for educating me :smt023
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

samsapples wrote:From one of the interviews on Radio Leicester it was mentioned you need to kick well back to Saracens, which could explain Bell at 15 instead of Veainu. Bench has a lot of impact players on it which could excel once the game starts to open up. Really looking forward to seeing Genge get on again
Indeed. Had either Burns or Williams any regular experience at 15 then I could see an argument maybe to bring in Smith to the centres. As it is, hopefully we'll see a bit of Williams at 10 when the ball needs to go well downfield!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

With Manu not playing today could be feature tomorrow as Goode, who travelled will do?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:With Manu not playing today could be feature tomorrow as Goode, who travelled will do?
If Sarries can get Goode back Tigers must do the same for Manu we badly need him!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

sapajo wrote:
Jimmy Skitz wrote:With Manu not playing today could be feature tomorrow as Goode, who travelled will do?
If Sarries can get Goode back Tigers must do the same for Manu we badly need him!
Presumably one of our already-named players will need to have a back twinge or a headache or something?

I said...PRESUMABLY ONE OF OUR ALREADY-NAMED PLAYERS WILL ETC......!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

strawclearer wrote:
sapajo wrote:
Presumably one of our already-named players will need to have a back twinge or a headache or something?

I said...PRESUMABLY ONE OF OUR ALREADY-NAMED PLAYERS WILL ETC......!
I'm sure Matt Smith is suffering with the flu ... :smt002
MICKW

Post by MICKW »

If Alex Goode can get back from France and captain Saracens this afternoon, I just hope that Manu can get back as well. I will be a bit disappointed if the club hasn't sorted it out.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Not looked but surely there would have been a Eurostar out of Paris this morning to get him back to Leicester for 12 o'clock... It's not like we needed to charter him a private jet!
cowmadiddy

Post by cowmadiddy »

Manu needs the game time, I'm not sure why he didn't come off the bench yesterday I'm hoping Jones and Cockerill had an agreement and he's back in Leicester.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

COME ON YOU TIGERRRRrrrrsss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.