Job Marler racially abusing a Welsh player? No Sanction

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

welshy08

Re: Job Marler racially abusing a Welsh player? No Sanction

Post by welshy08 »

I'm actually genuinely surprised the police haven't got involved in this. Yet.

It is racist abuse no matter how you slice it.

Some people don't regard Gypsies as an Ethnicity.
They are.

The amount of posters that flatly do not accept the law here is quite something.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Half a full page of sactimonious twaddle by Matt Dickinson in today's Times, sorry I can't post a link and just for added laughs, Dickinson accuses EJ of bringing a 'convict mentality' - how's that for hypocrisy ?!
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

tigercaspian wrote:Welshy
The police are involved and have been for some years :
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -camp.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leic ... 219230.stm
:censored: stop encouraging the poster who sledges the English at every opportunity, and who, BTW, I complained to the moderators about - on the grounds he/she was as abusive about the English as he/she alleges the English are about the Welsh. Total sodding hypocrite IMO.

This is an affair that brings out the worst in everyone EXCEPT Marler, Lee and Gatland who have behaved in a human, generous, sporting and humble manner.

Can we have less of the 'PC brigade' rubbish too? Along with the fatuous ''Elf and Safety', both the only refuge of the simple-minded and (generously) possibly misinformed.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Soggypitch wrote:h's dad you've said everything I want to on this topic, thanks for saving me the typing time!

From what I've read, Jones and Gatland feel exactly the same and I suspect Lee and Marler too, the fact it's still ongoing is just pandering to the PC brigade, to whom we must all stand up!!
Thanks Soggypitch. I think I must be race blind as I see each instance on its own merits without putting it into a box. I can't help thinking that those who do put such distinct labels on these things either have an axe to grind, a chip on their shoulder or some sort of guilt complex that they are trying to share (force on) the rest of us.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

I'm really enjoyng all these middle class white Anglo Saxon males deciding what's racism and discrimination and what's not.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

biffer wrote:I'm really enjoyng all these middle class white Anglo Saxon males deciding what's racism and discrimination and what's not.
Are you suggesting that middle class white Anglo Saxon males are never discriminated against or that they should be discriminated against and not allowed to make comment?
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

tigercaspian wrote:Welshy
The police are involved and have been for some years :
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -camp.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leic ... 219230.stm
I think we need to spend ten pages debating this now:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... cuffs.html
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

h's dad wrote:
biffer wrote:I'm really enjoyng all these middle class white Anglo Saxon males deciding what's racism and discrimination and what's not.
Are you suggesting that middle class white Anglo Saxon males are never discriminated against or that they should be discriminated against and not allowed to make comment?
As I said earlier, equality looks like oppression to the privileged.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

biffer wrote:
h's dad wrote:
As I said earlier, equality looks like oppression to the privileged.
It was drivel then and it's drivel now. Separate but equal is always a myth whoever propagates it.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

This thread was already ridiculous after a couple of pages. Now it's just farcical and repetitive.

I've done my best to explain to the ignorant why it is right that Marler's behaviour is being challenged, but it seems there are many on here not prepared to listen to reason. They prefer to defend their right to insult people, or something...

Then you get the same tired old "PC Brigade, liberal, Guardian reading do-gooder leftie" comebacks that are the preserve of the knuckle draggers who comment on Daily Mail stories.

Rinse and repeat. I'm out.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

I'm really surprised this thread hasn't been locked by now, this argument will never stop, it'll just flare up with every new article
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Iain wrote:This thread was already ridiculous after a couple of pages. Now it's just farcical and repetitive.

I've done my best to explain to the ignorant why it is right that Marler's behaviour is being challenged, but it seems there are many on here not prepared to listen to reason. They prefer to defend their right to insult people, or something...

Then you get the same tired old "PC Brigade, liberal, Guardian reading do-gooder leftie" comebacks that are the preserve of the knuckle draggers who comment on Daily Mail stories.

Rinse and repeat. I'm out.
Shame, you've still not explained how you consider Gypsy boy unacceptably offensive and English pig dog side splittingly funny. I'm sure you know the word for it. It also applies to what you've just written, along with a few other words. I just don't understand how you don't seem to see it.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Who's called someone an English pig dog? I don't remember laughing at that.

I've explained that it's never okay to use someone's race or ethnic origin as an insult. I don't know how I can be any clearer to you. Hence why I'm out.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Iain wrote:Who's called someone an English pig dog? I don't remember laughing at that.

I've explained that it's never okay to use someone's race or ethnic origin as an insult. I don't know how I can be any clearer to you. Hence why I'm out.
Iain wrote:You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts.