Team vs Wasps

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Team vs Wasps

Post by RagingBull »

Piutau is going to be extremely tough to replace. Beale whilst a fantastic footballer he isn't of the Piutau mould.

Tigers have been poor

Tait and Smith do not look 100%, missing Manu.

Forwards looking unfit (Logo), Thacker still isn't helping in the scrum.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Big Dai wrote:
RagingBull wrote:
Big Dai wrote:Leiceter. I love you. You are my team. My first love. But just like my other first love you've had the best of your years and there are brighter better looking things around!
Well then go.
:smt039 OK then! Tara!
We're keeping the jewellery.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Tigerbeat wrote:A post from Facebook:

This is much more a very good Wasps performance than a poor Leicester one. Credit to a very good team.
But this doesn't fit the narrative of this group. I swear some of you enjoy it when we lose so you can say "told you so".
I've even seen an admin boast that they've turned over at a point when we were only 12 points down.
For goodness sake. This was always going to be a game where wasps were favourites. A bit of perspective please fellow supporters.
Completely agree! We've been disorganised in defence - particularly down the middle as AH keeps saying - and (IMHO) Betham is a wing not a centre and Veainu is much more threatening from fullback but - fair play to Wasps.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

strawclearer wrote:

This is much more a very good Wasps performance than a poor Leicester one. Credit to a very good team.
But this doesn't fit the narrative of this group. I swear some of you enjoy it when we lose so you can say "told you so".
I've even seen an admin boast that they've turned over at a point when we were only 12 points down.
For goodness sake. This was always going to be a game where wasps were favourites. A bit of perspective please fellow supporters.
Completely agree! We've been disorganised in defence - particularly down the middle as AH keeps saying - and (IMHO) Betham is a wing not a centre and Veainu is much more threatening from fullback but - fair play to Wasps.
careful the masses will not be happy with you agreeing with "anti tigers" Healy, even though he isn't but rather spot on in his analysis
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Funny how those of us who said top 6 target + Euro a bonus + AP a bonus are happily accepting that we ain't the best team in the AP currently but are getting there, two steps forward, one back. We have a big front row injury/overuse problem when you add it up, and a lot of disruption. I am personally happy to look forward to Stade, as long as we are top 6 in the AP. Racing at home might shut a few whingers up.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

don't like the look of Goneva's knee after that high tackle, thankfully they say he's ok
EDIT: he's gone off
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Genge is looking a handy runner.
DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveRave »

Rather appropriate that the game should end with us spending umpteen phases going nowhere before getting turned over.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

why did Kitto keep passing to static forwards who got swallowed up immediately?
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

And VV looks a solid player, please can we see a bit more of him?
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:why did Kitto keep passing to static forwards who got swallowed up immediately?
Either because he is young and headless OR under orders.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smalldell »

Don't think the players will enjoy the video run through on Monday.

A lot of poor tackling and the defence was a joke at times.

Wasps were very good, but we made them look better than they were.

Poor by tigers.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Best team won, no complaints from me.
Couple of our guys a little off today but thought otherwise good effort all round, including a disallowed try.
Apart from his first scrum, impressed with effort and attitude of Genge, van Vuuren looks good (100% from him and Thacker at line outs I think).
Some daft mistakes - Tait's 2nd half screwed kick led to their try and Crofty slapped away a try-scoring chance in left corner late.
My main beef is that our tackling again looked poor
Thought Jones should have had MotM
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:
strawclearer wrote:

careful the masses will not be happy with you agreeing with "anti tigers" Healy, even though he isn't but rather spot on in his analysis
Healey is spot on.............even if he is an irritating Scally! Wasps were favourites right enough, but to be caught so many times down the middle highlighted either a lack of coaching or tactical awareness on the pitch. The attack was lateral and lost 40 yards in one set of 12 phases. Wasps attack on he other hand was direct, sharp and regularly has us on the back foot.

We don't seem to have consistency within a game leave alone from game to game?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:
Big Dai wrote:
Nah! I'm staying married to the old girl, even though her tits are sagging a bit and one or two things have gone South. Loyalty. Is there a cure for it?
only know cure is a multi million pound bank balance
You're :censored: right there!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"