Tigers injury update

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers injury update

Post by Soggypitch »

Noggs wrote:With no knowledge of what the deal was it is not possible to say how expensive he has been. There may well have been a clause which limited significant payments until such a time as he had recovered fully from his original injury.
I'd like to think so, but since recovering from his broken jaw he's had calf and knee injuries and has only played a couple of games.

Looks like Smith and Betham on Saturday, I reckon they'll do a good job.
Soggypitch
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I think all these short term signings should come with a money back guarantee. Something for Cohen to look at?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I read somewhere that the information about Tom Youngs is wrong and that he will be fit for the Wasps match can anyone verify this?
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

G.K wrote:I think all these short term signings should come with a money back guarantee. Something for Cohen to look at?
Pay per play deals aren't unusual in these types of contracts. Does anybody know if this is not the case for Tigers?
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Noddy555 wrote:I read somewhere that the information about Tom Youngs is wrong and that he will be fit for the Wasps match can anyone verify this?
The article in the Mercury is quite clear that both Tom Youngs and De Villiers will miss Saturdays game at the Ricoh. Keep taking the tablets Noddy!
:- http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leice ... story.html
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

h's dad wrote:
G.K wrote:I think all these short term signings should come with a money back guarantee. Something for Cohen to look at?
Pay per play deals aren't unusual in these types of contracts. Does anybody know if this is not the case for Tigers?
I don't know the answer to this. But I do recall Cockers in an interview stating that JDV is primarily here for rugby rather than money. He said something along the lines of "if you knew what we were paying him you would see that his motivation is to play rugby rather than for the money involved". The interview was either on the Wednesday night Rugby Show on Radio Leicester or post-match with Bleddyn. Sorry I can't be more specific but I certainly remember Cockers' comment.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

So we are getting what he's paid for, Nothing. The old saying still rings true.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

voice of the crumbie wrote:
h's dad wrote:
I don't know the answer to this. But I do recall Cockers in an interview stating that JDV is primarily here for rugby rather than money. He said something along the lines of "if you knew what we were paying him you would see that his motivation is to play rugby rather than for the money involved". The interview was either on the Wednesday night Rugby Show on Radio Leicester or post-match with Bleddyn. Sorry I can't be more specific but I certainly remember Cockers' comment.
Thank you VotC. Some people just like to whinge, usually in determined ignorance.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
PAW

Post by PAW »

Yes, I am pretty sure that JDV sat and thought, "after a glittering career, playing all over the world, I think I am going to cap it off in Sunny Leicester 'The Midlands Riviera' sat on my backside after deliberately picking up injuries".

At the same time, I bet the club scouts were told to scour the world for a top class player who will never play for us.

For the conspiracy theorists and those who believe everyone and everything is against Tigers - I would be putting a sarcastic emoji at the end of this if I knew which one it was and could be sure they would all spot it
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Crowson has tweeted today in response to an enquiry about JDV,s injury.

It's his knee Ian. Not likely to be back anytime soon either apparently.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I did say it was his Knee.
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

Crowson is tweeting that Mike Williams has broken his arm again - anyone know if this is true
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Knightonian wrote:Crowson is tweeting that Mike Williams has broken his arm again - anyone know if this is true
If true that has to be a poor judgement by the medical staff, given that the same thing happened to Fonua earlier in the season.