Potential Champions Cup Semi Final

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Raimond
Tiger Cub

Potential Champions Cup Semi Final

Post by Raimond »

Only just over a month away from the Stade Francais game (plenty of big ones before then mind you!).
If we (hopefully when we) beat them, and if Racing Metro beat Toulon, we'll be at 'home'to them in the Semi. Apparently we can't be at Welford (or even in Leicester, but at a designated stadium in England, of Euro Rugby's choice!?
No word from them, but has anyone heard anything?? Surely they can't only tell us 2 weeks before if we win??
Tigerbeat

Re: Potential Champions Cup Semi Final

Post by Tigerbeat »

The likely venues if it is an England home country semi, could be City Ground, Nottingham or Pride Park, Derby. They were being talked about as possible venues.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

Raimond wrote:Only just over a month away from the Stade Francais game (plenty of big ones before then mind you!).
If we (hopefully when we) beat them, and if Racing Metro beat Toulon, we'll be at 'home'to them in the Semi. Apparently we can't be at Welford (or even in Leicester, but at a designated stadium in England, of Euro Rugby's choice!?
No word from them, but has anyone heard anything?? Surely they can't only tell us 2 weeks before if we win??
Only 50% chance of a home semi-final, maybe milton keynes ?
JohnI
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by JohnI »

Saracens/ Northampton Saints
v.
Wasps/Exeter Chiefs

Racing 92/RC Toulon
v.
Leicester Tigers/Stade Français Paris

http://www.epcrugby.com/europeanrugbych ... finals.php
Last edited by JohnI on Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Definitely one semi final will be in England..
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Tigerbeat wrote:The likely venues if it is an England home country semi, could be City Ground, Nottingham or Pride Park, Derby. They were being talked about as possible venues.
If it is Pride Park then we will be the Sunday game as the Rams play Sheff Weds on the Sat and I can't see them moving that. The city ground is free all weekend but what about Milton Keynes (Saints have played there) or Coventry (I am just going to wash my mouth out and sit down - just got a little light headed)
Hehehehehehehehe
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I think I speak for all of us when I say I'd rather it was at the King Power.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Iain wrote:I think I speak for all of us when I say I'd rather it was at the King Power.

With the Foxes challenging for the title would they allow a rugby match on their pristine pitch...I think not when they are home to Swansea the same weekend and that is fair enough if they don't imo..Coventry would surely be an acceptable alternative?
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Yeah I can't see it either.

City Ground or Pride Park would be fine by me.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Absolutely no way that we would play at the Ricoh. Wasps are a competitor company we are not going to hand details of our data base to them. The rugby authorities with some agreement from the clubs dictate the venue, television dictates when, surely it should be possible to publicise some sort of information on where semi-finals will take place if team A is to play team D or team B is playing C etc. The negotiations for possible use of a ground must have taken place, there is only two weeks between the quarters and the semis, if we are to play in somewhere France it is going to be very difficult for fans to buy tickets, arrange travel and accommodation and get time off work if needed in the time available. For LTASC it will be impossible to book rail travel, hotel etc where we have to pay in advance as there will be little opportunity to accept bookings and get the money in. I do hope our semi-final is in England.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Good point JTG didn't think of that..lets hope we get the home semi as the alternative sounds a nightmare for you guys..
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Totally agree about the Ricoh - no way should we go there. Still think that the city ground is the most likely as both Pride Park and the MK stadium have football on the Sat and it would take a quick turn around to get it ready for a Sunday fixture. Also, kickers need practice so when would they get the time.
Hehehehehehehehe
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Perhaps then we could be at the Ricoh arena which has a large enough capacity or maybe even Twickers?
Raimond
Tiger Cub

Post by Raimond »

I do reckon the authorities (when they bother to make an announcement) may fancy Twickenham. The other Semi's likely to be Sarries v Wasps (or Exeter) so I reckon they may stick them both on there.

I'd be happy for us to play at The Ricoh. Wasps won't be able to, and we'll have a 100% record there after Saturday too!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

The City Ground for me. I was there for that great semi final win over Llanelli in 2002 and it has a good atmosphere and is easy to get to on the train.

But perhaps we are getting a little ahead of ourselves, got the small matter of beating Stade first!!
Soggypitch